Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-01-2007, 10:47 PM   #61
0xyg3n

Disc's allround (similar to the ST170 I believe), Susp is similar to the current Zetec as well I think. Gearbox is the same.

Interior has different seats and more gaget stuff such as ESP.

Exterior has different bumpers, wheels etc as you said and is fully colour coded.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 11:26 PM   #62
Sonia

But is is really worth the extra $10k odd ?
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 11:32 PM   #63
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

It has discs all round, Smaller than the St170 cbf checking sizes. Suspension is the same as the current zetec but it has 17inch rims. Gearbox is the same IB5 type but with some extra strengthening.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 01:44 AM   #64
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonia
But is is really worth the extra $10k odd ?
http://www.topgear.com/drives/B4/A0/new/

to quote:
...but the ST turns up the heat with a 150bhp 2.0 litre engine and brilliantly balanced handling for proper hot hatch fun. If you can stretch the budget, the ST is the one to go for.
end quote.

For the money, its hard to beat the package unless you want a second hand something or other (Clio / Polo Gti / Golf Gti / 207 Gti).
Als_Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #65
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That video from Top Gear still comes to mind where the ST couldn't shake off the C2 VTS! The ST got the jump off the line, but the C2 did an amazing job of hanging on, especially considering the C2 only has a 1.6 in it!
Old 10-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #66
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
That video from Top Gear still comes to mind where the ST couldn't shake off the C2 VTS! The ST got the jump off the line, but the C2 did an amazing job of hanging on, especially considering the C2 only has a 1.6 in it!
On top gear a lambo couldn't shake a Evo FQ400. Around a track even 0.1 second is a long time.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #67
Danny
GT4.

They don't actually have ESP do they?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #68
0xyg3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
On top gear a lambo couldn't shake a Evo FQ400. Around a track even 0.1 second is a long time.
You also need to look at how both cars are driven as well (The ST and C2 that is). Jeremy is more relaxed and hardly pushing while hamster seems to be on the edge most of the time. I have a feeling the ST had more in it. The other old review to watch is from fifth gear against the colt czt. The colt had slightly better specs on paper yet still come over 1 second behind the ST.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #69
0xyg3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
They don't actually have ESP do they?
Yes. But I think it was called DSC in the dealer guide and it can be switched off. It also listed traction control as well but I never new the UK spec had any.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #70
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

I think all ESP has traction control. ESP is just an advanced form of traction control anyway
Old 10-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #71
Lagom

Quote:
I think all ESP has traction control. ESP is just an advanced form of traction control anyway
Yep, all ESP programs include traction control.

Traction control basically controls slippage along the longitudinal avis (ie. forwards), whereas ESP adds in control to the lateral axis (i.e sideways motion, changing direction, etc).
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:17 PM   #72
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
The other old review to watch is from fifth gear against the colt czt. The colt had slightly better specs on paper yet still come over 1 second behind the ST.
Yes, I've seen that one too. The Colt was let down big time by it's handling from memory. The Ralliart Colt we get must have some decent upgrades to it's suspension over the CZT because it generally gets good reviews on it's handling.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:38 AM   #73
0xyg3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
Yes, I've seen that one too. The Colt was let down big time by it's handling from memory. The Ralliart Colt we get must have some decent upgrades to it's suspension over the CZT because it generally gets good reviews on it's handling.

Yeah that and the traction control couldnt be switched off and it kept cutting in I think.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #74
0xyg3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagom
Yep, all ESP programs include traction control.

Traction control basically controls slippage along the longitudinal avis (ie. forwards), whereas ESP adds in control to the lateral axis (i.e sideways motion, changing direction, etc).

Yeah my mistake it includes traction control. I just found an old 2006 uk spec sheet that says what ESP includes.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #75
carazy
Back with Boost!

well, I for one can't wait for this thing!
I was going to get an XR6 Turbo with fruit but after a few test drives I wasn't really convinced of it's handling.. power is fantastic but I prefer a car I can throw around through tight corners.

Now with this thing I can get the XR4 for myself and a runout Fairmont for the wife!

Sea Gray with snail stripes for the win!
carazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #76
Nappa
Impressive...

not sure if this has been mentioned but like a most models the interior trim will depend on exterior colour that also includes coloured instrument panel, all cars coming in may and june will have stripes and then after that dealers will be able to option them on or off.
Also its going to have side thorax and side air curtains which is great to hear.
Old 15-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #77
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Ouch. VW are advertising the VW Polo GTI from $26,990 DRIVE AWAY. That's gotta hurt

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #78
photn
AFF Post NAZI

well it would really only hurt if sum1 recently bought a VW polo GTI B4 the price went down and they paid 30k??

any1????

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2007, 08:19 PM   #79
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Ouch. VW are advertising the VW Polo GTI from $26,990 DRIVE AWAY. That's gotta hurt
I'd go the Fez ST over the GTi Polar. Without a doubt. They have the same performance while the fez handles better. Same options, and features etc etc, and a very very similar starting price.

Would I go Fez ST over the Over the Renaultsport 182C, no. Renaults only down fall is that there arent any 182's left to buy in oz.
Old 15-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #80
0xyg3n

Must be cos of faulty tail lights lol. :P

There are 2 floating around here and 1 has a passager tail light that seems to be perm on even when the car is parked and off (seen it twice now only ever parked never driven). and the other 1 must have a blown globe or something cos its never on (only seen it being driven). Lol :P
Old 15-01-2007, 08:33 PM   #81
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I might have to trade my focus and get one of these cars. I'll go a black one and get those stripes to match my falcon :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #82
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Before anyone gets too excited & starts thinking about XR4 wheels for thier Fez, I just got my new 'tyre & wheel bible' today, while theres no XR4 listed, there is a ST-160(??) listed with a different stud pattern 5x108, same as the new Focus'.
This may be a misprint though...

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #83
Danny
GT4.

They don't have a 5x108, it will be 4x108. A misprint. ST160 will be the model name of the rim itself like EA Ghia rims were called "Turboblades" in the ford catalogues.
Old 16-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #84
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

ST-160 is the Racing Puma isn't it
Old 16-01-2007, 02:07 AM   #85
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
There are 2 floating around here and 1 has a passager tail light that seems to be perm on even when the car is parked and off (seen it twice now only ever parked never driven). and the other 1 must have a blown globe or something cos its never on (only seen it being driven). Lol :P
I'm assuming you are refering to the Polo GTI. If so, you must not have many BMWs or Mercs in Adelaide, as these cars have the same feature. Something to do with safety. Not sure what they call it, but it acts to;

1. Sort of illuminate your car and surrounding area (not much though)
2. Aware cars in both directions that the car is stationery (i.e. parked) instead of having just the regular reflectors.

I do believe this feature can be turned off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Would I go Fez ST over the Renaultsport 182C, no. Renaults only down fall is that there arent any 182's left to buy in oz.
:

Thanks.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 16-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #86
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
I'm assuming you are refering to the Polo GTI. If so, you must not have many BMWs or Mercs in Adelaide, as these cars have the same feature. Something to do with safety. Not sure what they call it, but it acts to;

1. Sort of illuminate your car and surrounding area (not much though)
2. Aware cars in both directions that the car is stationery (i.e. parked) instead of having just the regular reflectors.

I do believe this feature can be turned off.
Its called parkers and every car has it
Old 16-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #87
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Its called parkers and every car has it
I do believe Oxygen was refering to A tailight being on... not both.

So, please check again. The Polo GTI, BMWs and Mercs (and other I don't know of) have a feature where the right tailight and headlight (parker) stay on. The left side is off.

:

Old 16-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #88
0xyg3n

yes just 1 taillight the passanger side. And I never noticed the parkers being on. This Polo gti sat outside a cafe for a good 2 hours with it on and no one in the car. I went past 2 or 3 times.

That safty lighting you speak of isnot that only ment to say on for a couple of seconds after your exit the car. Not 2 hours after being locked up.
Old 16-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #89
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a feature for when you leave the car parked in a dark place on a narrow road to reduce the risk of somebody rear ending it. Some cars light the tailight on the road side only, others do both with the front parkers as well etc. You'll find no other lights on (eg. instrument backlighting inside) when this function is switched on to conserve battery power.

Piotr - full of useful info once again....
Old 16-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #90
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

It doesn't matter how they are implimented into the car they are still parkers just different styles