Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 02-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #91
BlackLS

Anyone heard the rumour of Tempe's cardboard spacers?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #92
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonr
U mentioned u were getting that before??

I drove all the way out there wit cash in hand to get that exact rim but in white..

I had emailed someone the week before and they said it would fit...
but the manager(i think) who i spoke to at the time said it didnt come in the right stud pattern (4x108)
So next stop was tempe...

the dish looks a bit big aswell.. so it might be the wrong offset.. ??
Thanks mate, you've just saved me a trip. :eclipsee_
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 09:43 PM   #93
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Anyone heard the rumour of Tempe's cardboard spacers?
I wouldn't be surprised lol

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #94
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
I wouldn't be surprised lol
I spoke to a guy about Tempe Tyre's reputation, he said "yeah they do a killer job, but make sure you watch them at every step of the job, or they will do some dodgy cost cutting stuff"

I hope it's wrong, the thought of modded cars flying around my suburb with cardboard spacers frightens me...
Old 03-07-2006, 01:43 AM   #95
Fled74
The Thread Killa

If anyone needs their car Photoshopped (with new rims, lowered, etc), you can shoot me a PM. I worked as a web designer for 2 1/2 years in the Philippines before moving here, and I've been using Photoshop much longer than that.

Anyway, someone posted a pic of a Lite-7 rim and I pasted them on a shot of my car:

I've always had a fondness for black or gunmetal rims.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 02:11 AM   #96
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flederschwein
I've always had a fondness for black or gunmetal rims.
here you go then..
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #97
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
here you go then..
Killer rims, awesome colour car, very shmick...
Old 03-07-2006, 06:18 PM   #98
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Your second wife is gorgeous - tell her I said hello.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #99
photn
AFF Post NAZI

basically they go out of their way to help u with what ever it is u need.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 11:08 PM   #100
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaytan
Killer rims, awesome colour car, very shmick...
thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flederschwein
Your second wife is gorgeous - tell her I said hello.
lol no worries, done.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 09:11 AM   #101
theBlake

Quote:
Tempe don't have 'dealers' as such, tyre shops can buy off them at a slightly lower price
slightly lower ? i Doubt it. If a local retailer can sell me the same wheel and tyre for the same price as I would pay Tempe Tyres and include locknuts and a wheel alignment, and not charge the $80 or so freight, then they are obviously buying them off TT for much less than a slightly lower price.

MrsFantz - I got my Panther Vectors yesterday. Look great, 100x better than the pic, I'll put a photo up as soon as I wash my car.
Old 25-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #102
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlake
slightly lower ? i Doubt it. If a local retailer can sell me the same wheel and tyre for the same price as I would pay Tempe Tyres and include locknuts and a wheel alignment, and not charge the $80 or so freight, then they are obviously buying them off TT for much less than a slightly lower price.

MrsFantz - I got my Panther Vectors yesterday. Look great, 100x better than the pic, I'll put a photo up as soon as I wash my car.
The last set I bought off Tempe cost $100 less than their advertised price, admittedly that included freight, but that still leaves me to make $25 per wheel and tyre, I'll throw locknuts & W/A in with any wheel deal, the wheel alignment just labour, and when you buy locknuts in bulk they're very cheap.
As for the Advanti black & machined the Vapour is available in 17" to suit the new focus.
Top row second from the left
http://www.yhi.com.au/Advanti/advantigallery.html

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 09:43 PM   #103
EstaFiesta
went bigger and better..

Word of warning re Tempe. The rims you see on my Avatar I bought from Tempe over the internet. Turned up nice and quick, damaged.. I contacted them and they did not want to know about it. The wheel nuts they provided looked as if they were only just on, so I checked with another tyre fitter and low and behold they were not legal. Also, I had an uncontrolable shake over about 70 kmh. It came and went, no real pattern to it. They came balanced, but I had them rebalanced and they were out. Still they shook. I had an alignment done, still no difference. So I looked at ptting new tyres to replace these new ones (20 klms old at this stage) only to find that the tyres were the wrong size for the wheels, and I could not get the right ones for under approx $400 per corner. I rang them again, still did not want to help.

Luckily they have now been replaced by the WQ Zetec rims I bought off Rob in Brisbane. I went to Bob Jane to get them to do a quick swap, and could not get the bloody things off. Had to get a diamond drill to bore out the fixing screws, one covering plate was totally destroyed to get it off, so I finished up giving them to the guy doing the job for free. Good riddance to them. The Ford ones with the Conti tyres are so much better it is a joke. No comparison.

Tempe Tyres? Never again.

2007 BF XR8 Magnet ute
Silhouete, leather, Luxury pack, 6sp auto, hard cover with power bulge and spoiler, HOT!.

2006 VE Calais V 6.0lt with CSV 3 inch exhaust, sweet.
EstaFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 11:22 PM   #104
Danny
GT4.

They seem like a dodgy, "putting 20" rims on a shoitfighting old VL heap is their forte" type of mob.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #105
theBlake

Quote:
As for the Advanti black & machined the Vapour is available in 17" to suit the new focus.
Great looking wheel, it was the first one I saw and I almost bought it on the spot. But the spokes stick out about 2cm outside the rim. Thats too much for me, I'd scuff them inside a week.

Advanti have a great range of black/machined rims.
Old 27-07-2006, 07:57 PM   #106
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstaFiesta
Word of warning re Tempe. The rims you see on my Avatar I bought from Tempe over the internet. Turned up nice and quick, damaged.. I contacted them and they did not want to know about it. The wheel nuts they provided looked as if they were only just on, so I checked with another tyre fitter and low and behold they were not legal. Also, I had an uncontrolable shake over about 70 kmh. It came and went, no real pattern to it. They came balanced, but I had them rebalanced and they were out. Still they shook. I had an alignment done, still no difference. So I looked at ptting new tyres to replace these new ones (20 klms old at this stage) only to find that the tyres were the wrong size for the wheels, and I could not get the right ones for under approx $400 per corner. I rang them again, still did not want to help.

I was seriously looking at buying some wheels/tyres off them for the wife's Mazda 6 - glad I didn't! Were the tyres Nankangs?

You should have gone to Consumer Affairs or your state RAA/ RACV/ NRMA service.
Old 27-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #107
EstaFiesta
went bigger and better..

Yes, the tyres were Nankangs. Amazing how many cars in Perth you see with the exact same tyres. Anyway, it all got to hard after a while, and the guy who got them for free was happy...I think..

2007 BF XR8 Magnet ute
Silhouete, leather, Luxury pack, 6sp auto, hard cover with power bulge and spoiler, HOT!.

2006 VE Calais V 6.0lt with CSV 3 inch exhaust, sweet.
EstaFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post