Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-04-2014, 12:59 AM   #181
GeeDubF6

Default Re: Aftermarket parts for the Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
Yeah I realise that. Can't see any reason not to support a local shop for a bespoke item when looking at $1,200
I got the Milltek cat back through PumaSpeed in the UK ~$950 with shipping, ordered Monday evening, picked it up at the couriers Friday afternoon.

Local guy quoted about $1400 for the same kit, with a 3 week delivery...

Old: BF MKII F6 #00390 in Breeze. Sunroof, 19" Dark Argent wheels, Reverse Sensors, Electric Pedals, Leather, FPV Mats... Ear to ear grin!!
GeeDubF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2014, 01:10 AM   #182
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeDubF6 View Post
I got the Milltek cat back through PumaSpeed in the UK ~$950 with shipping, ordered Monday evening, picked it up at the couriers Friday afternoon.

Local guy quoted about $1400 for the same kit, with a 3 week delivery...
I said bespoke; not the same off the shelf kit..
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #183
GeeDubF6

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
I said bespoke; not the same off the shelf kit..
I think you'll find ConST paid about the same as me, if not more for his "bespoke" system...

Old: BF MKII F6 #00390 in Breeze. Sunroof, 19" Dark Argent wheels, Reverse Sensors, Electric Pedals, Leather, FPV Mats... Ear to ear grin!!
GeeDubF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #184
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeDubF6 View Post
I think you'll find ConST paid about the same as me, if not more for his "bespoke" system...
Con's was closer to $1400 including 200 Cell Cat. Hi-Tech have never seen a Fez ST before, so his was the guinea pig. I will probably go with them but spend the time discussing what would be beneficial for the car.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #185
cainen

Installed the Mountune short shift kit today that I bought through the group buy MISTA FIESTA organised. BIG pain in the *** to install with virtually no room to move but well worth it in the end. Much shorter throw and a very nice feel to boot.
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #186
xr6turbo_85
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cainen View Post
Installed the Mountune short shift kit today that I bought through the group buy MISTA FIESTA organised. BIG pain in the *** to install with virtually no room to move but well worth it in the end. Much shorter throw and a very nice feel to boot.
Any tips? I haven't gotten around to installing mine yet! Been busy at work and trying to study for exams
xr6turbo_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #187
cainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6turbo_85 View Post
Any tips? I haven't gotten around to installing mine yet! Been busy at work and trying to study for exams
Be patient :P

You need the skinniest 24mm spanner you can find as there's very little room to move. I used a small shifter that just stretched to 24mm and gripped the top of the pulling tool with multigrips.

It's also a good idea to do it while your car is cold or let it cool down for a fair while as there's a good chance you'll burn yourself.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #188
xr6turbo_85
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cainen View Post
Be patient :P

You need the skinniest 24mm spanner you can find as there's very little room to move. I used a small shifter that just stretched to 24mm and gripped the top of the pulling tool with multigrips.

It's also a good idea to do it while your car is cold or let it cool down for a fair while as there's a good chance you'll burn yourself.
Haha ok cool. How about getting the bolt up through the bottom? From checking out the shifter arm the other night it seems like that is going to be the hardest part!
xr6turbo_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #189
cainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6turbo_85 View Post
Haha ok cool. How about getting the bolt up through the bottom? From checking out the shifter arm the other night it seems like that is going to be the hardest part!

Getting it in initially and tightening with your fingers is fairly easy but using the allen key to tighten it properly is difficult as you're basically going in blindly with little room.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
Old 17-06-2014, 11:19 PM   #190
Basil brush

Anyone in WA interested in the triple R front splitter need another 2 interested peoples to drop the postage costs, just puttin it out there :-), cheers, shane
Basil brush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #191
5 FTR 5
Made the 300 :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil brush View Post
Anyone in WA interested in the triple R front splitter need another 2 interested peoples to drop the postage costs, just puttin it out there :-), cheers, shane
Hey Shane my wife and i have just bought Two Fiesta ST"s and are interested in getting one each, have you been quoted a price on part and shipping

Cheers Dave
Old 23-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #192
Basil brush

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 FTR 5 View Post
Hey Shane my wife and i have just bought Two Fiesta ST"s and are interested in getting one each, have you been quoted a price on part and shipping

Cheers Dave
Yeah m8, have been quoted 85 pound per lip and postage will work out to be 40 pounds each if I get 3 or more
Cheers, shane
Old 23-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #193
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey Shane,

I might have a mate in QLD who is keen on a front splitter. Would this be ok in your group buy or are you only doing for WA peeps?
Old 23-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #194
Nitrobuggies
Starter Motor

Ditto on the above
Nitrobuggies is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2014, 01:04 AM   #195
5 FTR 5

Quote:
Yeah m8, have been quoted 85 pound per lip and postage will work out to be 40 pounds each if I get 3 or more
Cheers, shane
We are definitely in, Let us know when you want to do this, The Wife has her ST already and mine is due at the end of the month, let the mods begin
Old 25-06-2014, 12:24 AM   #196
Basil brush

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 FTR 5 View Post
We are definitely in, Let us know when you want to do this, The Wife has her ST already and mine is due at the end of the month, let the mods begin

What colours did you's get ?, just waiting for an invoice from triple r, and I will place the order
Old 25-06-2014, 12:29 AM   #197
Basil brush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA View Post
Hey Shane,

I might have a mate in QLD who is keen on a front splitter. Would this be ok in your group buy or are you only doing for WA peeps?
Damien,
Because they are fibre glass, prefer to keep this one as a WA G/B, so they can be picked up don't have the worry of interstate shipping possibly damaging one as I would feel pretty crap if it happened, stuff less fragile no probs
Old 25-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #198
5 FTR 5

Quote:
What colours did you's get ?, just waiting for an invoice from triple r, and I will place the order
We got a red one and a blue one , was performance blue but told they named it a different blue.
Old 26-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #199
lukits01
Starter Motor

Quote:
I'm keen if the WA group buy goes ahead
lukits01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2014, 04:46 PM   #200
Swoopdown

Has anyone changed the rear engine mount?

I remeber some guys did a group buy some time ago?
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post