Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-03-2019, 10:22 PM   #121
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2019 Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton View Post
Second quarter this year at last look!
Oh really? I haven’t seen any at all here yet.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2019, 08:51 AM   #122
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
I’d almost forgotten Wheels magazine even existed, I used to rush to buy each copy as soon as it came out as a kid. Will have to have a read!
Same.

I think the small Ford have always suffered from being the middle child in their classes.

They are too good to play the price games with the Japanese and Korean, and they are not at the level of the Germans. As a general comment.

So you have most normal people looking for a cheap run about, so price is the main factor. The others who want a small car and want a "prestige" brand/experience and then they go the EU path.

I think Ford really need to sell the fact that they are in the middle, they offer quality at a reasonable price but dont stoop to be the cheapest etc.

To be honest, other than the Ranger and the Mustang, I think you can say that about most of what FoA dished up over the past few decades.

Lots of engineering etc that the normal punter doesnt notice. Get a cheap car like a laser and it sells.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2019, 03:39 PM   #123
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Valid Points there, Polyal.

Has the Sales & Marketing Dept of Ford Australia EVER mention in their advertising of the Focus Ford Europe (German) origins. Would that sway the "average punter" into one? I don't know the answers but when I was looking at something European i.e. German and found out the MkI Focus was wholly German built, that made a difference in my final decision to purchase one and I haven't looked back since.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2019, 12:22 PM   #124
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The wireless charging pad is only rated for 1A output which is pretty poor IMO, might as well connect a cable.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #125
Brisbane XR5
Starter Motor

Motorama Ford in Brisbane has the new Focus Active in their showroom. Looks great!
Brisbane XR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2019, 05:09 PM   #126
cappie

Review on Vignale...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5dw7--3m_Q
cappie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-04-2019, 06:30 PM   #127
cupic
Nikon

Was looking into the ST Line Focus 2019 model but was put off by the specs and that of tech torque convertor ...Has another bought one and if so was the auto gbox off putting or the opposite
cupic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2019, 09:22 AM   #128
Ibaker
Mondeo MD Titanium Wagon

The wife picked up the new Focus Titanium the other day and Ford has again misrepresented what you get in the car.

When I purchased my MD Mondeo Titanium Wagon there were features listed in the brochure that were not on the car when delivered. So far without going through the whole Ford Australia brochure yet I have already found the headlight washers listed as standard on the Titanium are not included.

It is the usual misrepresentation and false advertising that Ford does which has burnt me twice so far...it is down right illegal and reminds me of the joke..."Oh, you want wheels as well, sorry they don't come with this model"

Time for ACCC me thinks
2019 Focus Titanium with sunroof and HUD
Ibaker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2019, 09:32 AM   #129
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibaker View Post
The wife picked up the new Focus Titanium the other day and Ford has again misrepresented what you get in the car.

When I purchased my MD Mondeo Titanium Wagon there were features listed in the brochure that were not on the car when delivered. So far without going through the whole Ford Australia brochure yet I have already found the headlight washers listed as standard on the Titanium are not included.

It is the usual misrepresentation and false advertising that Ford does which has burnt me twice so far...it is down right illegal and reminds me of the joke..."Oh, you want wheels as well, sorry they don't come with this model"

Time for ACCC me thinks
Headlight washers are only legally required for Bi-Xenon headlamps due to bugs / dirt getting on the headlights and splitting the beam. LED headlamps don't suffer from this issue (not sure why the Mondeo has them though as they're LED headlamps). I personally hate the headlamp washers on my Escape, makes the rest of the car dirty in the process.

It's silly they're listed on the brochure but none of the photos have the washer present, so obviously just a printing mistake.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2019, 09:37 AM   #130
Ibaker
Mondeo MD Titanium Wagon

What I mean by illegal is the fact Ford is advertising that the car comes with them but don't provide them...illegal as per the Australian Consumer Guarantee Act
Old 02-04-2019, 10:01 AM   #131
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

aree you referring to the Trade Practices Act?
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2019, 02:12 PM   #132
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What I mean by illegal is the fact Ford is advertising that the car comes with them but don't provide them...illegal as per the Australian Consumer Guarantee Act
Ford list the below at the end of the brochure, I'm no expert about all the legalities though. Funnily enough they list the glasses holder and illuminated vanity mirrors as part of the Panoramic Sunroof Pack, but are standard on a Titanium.

Quote:
Illustrations are for information purposes and are indicative only. Because of changes in conditions and circumstances Ford* reserves the right, subject to all applicable laws, at any time, at its discretion, and without notice, to discontinue or change the features, designs, materials, colours and other specifications and the prices of its products, and to either permanently or temporarily withdraw any such products from the market without incurring
any liability to any prospective purchaser or purchasers. The latest specification sheet should be referred to for information on the availability, ordering and use of features and optional equipment. Always consult an
authorised Ford Dealer for the latest information with respect to features, specifications, prices, optional equipment and availability before deciding to place an order.
On the bright side, how do you find the car mate, have you had a chance to drive it?
Old 02-04-2019, 02:31 PM   #133
Ibaker
Mondeo MD Titanium Wagon

Yeah, what has really peeved me off is that they did the same with my new Mondeo saying there was 2 USB outlets along with a 220v outlet in the back passenger area. I thought this would be really great as both my kids could charge their phones with the USB outlets at the same time and will stop their fighting...the car came with only one so the fighting continued. I had to buy a spare 240v phone charger to keep in the car for one of them which got kicked and damaged the 240v outlet. This feature stayed being promoted in their brochure right through the entire life of that specific model. You may also like to read about my Mondeo Transmission Woes thread at https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11476408

Now again they list something in the brochure that is not included, I just don't trust them any more and I have been a loyal customer of Ford for 40 years. I was also going to buy a new EcoSport Titanium for my daughter in the deal with the Focus but held back for a month first till she gets her license but I am having 2nd thoughts now...

Unfortunately I haven't had a drive of the new Focus as yet as I am away from home but hope to give it a try over this weekend. The wife says it is nice but she had to take it back to the dealer on the same day she got it due to an error coming up on the dash saying something like auto brake hold error.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:08 PM   #134
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let us know your thoughts when you get a chance!

That’s quite annoying about the Mondeo, they’re clearly not putting much effort into the brochures and getting them accurate. The brochure is pretty **** weak to be honest, horrible photoshopped images and is all of a few pages. I’d say this isn’t too much of an issue but the Focus website is pretty poor also, and again has the same errors. Hopefully the car is better than the brochure, seems to be getting great reviews.

I had a brief drive of a Titanium but to get one with the front parking sensors is going to take six months according to the dealer, with basically no stock out there in the wild being it has to be a 19.25 model. Am going to look at the new Mazda 3 and make a call. One thing is for sure, I’m going to miss the power of the 2.0L EcoBoost in the Escape (though I won’t miss the fuel economy!).
Old 02-04-2019, 09:25 PM   #135
fobzee

Picked up an st-line last month. Mixed feelings, love the way it drives, handling, gearbox and engine are great. Sync 3 and the rest of the tech is slick

But the interior trim is not great. I wasn't expecting premium, but the car has only has 2000kms on it and seeing lots of little marks. The plastic they use under the auto handbrake button, behind the door handles and around the interior light and iso fix mounts on the seats is rubbish.

Worst is I have this massive discolouration on the dash. I only cleaned the interior once with microfibre and a very safe interior spray (cockpit premium) no idea what caused it. Hardly even had a passenger in it. Going to ford to fix some delivery damage, what are my chances this will be covered under warranty?

https://imgur.com/a/BSL3SKd/
fobzee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2019, 02:04 PM   #136
Ibaker
Mondeo MD Titanium Wagon

I have heard back from Ford about the missing headlight washers and they said that the Focus Titanium in Australia does not have the headlight washers so they will remove that feature from the brochure.

In my case, before I purchased the Focus I compared the features of the Focus Titanium (at a much higher cost) against purchasing the Mazda 3 Astina which was a lot cheaper but less features. I think the Astina now seems to have been a better buy because on my needs it was so close to call between the two...Conned yet again by Ford...they are really starting to peeve me off and lose my loyalty
Old 03-04-2019, 02:09 PM   #137
fobzee

Quote:
I have heard back from Ford about the missing headlight washers and they said that the Focus Titanium in Australia does not have the headlight washers so they will remove that feature from the brochure.
Not to take sides or anything, but generally washers are only included on bi xeon lights as a legal requirement. I think the titanium has led lights? which would be a lot nicer anyway. Washers arent much use anyway, if anything they just make the car filthy by spraying water all over the front
fobzee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2019, 03:12 PM   #138
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Headlight washers dont do jack S*** in my Focus. You are not missing out on anything.

Mazda3 is a good car, but right now the Focus is better, especially in the NVH and drive train departments.

Don't let the brochure turn you off to what is a great car.

A clean car brings a clean mind
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2019, 03:44 PM   #139
cappie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
Don't let the brochure turn you off to what is a great car.
Stop saying that, I still have 8 weeks to go until mine is delivered! ;-)
Old 03-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #140
CatonaPC©

Just got word my Focus Active is built. Does anyone know what port these cars are shipped from?
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2019, 04:12 PM   #141
cappie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
Just got word my Focus Active is built. Does anyone know what port these cars are shipped from?
I'm due to call my Stock Controller tomorrow to see if mine is still in the compound or whether it's on the water.

I'll ask about where it's shipped from and how long it will take and will report back.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #142
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappie View Post
. . . and will report back.
Thanks.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:20 AM   #143
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Disappointing result for the Focus Trend here, they mention low speed issues with the transmission and sub-par ride quality. I have read that the transmission has an update to make it quicker at changing between P / R / N / D. Funny enough their last review of the Focus praised the suspension?

It also appears the Active spec gets the IRS the wagon gets, and there was speak on a forum a few weeks back Ford would add IRS to the Focus later this year?

https://www.caradvice.com.au/725357/...lf-comparison/
Old 04-04-2019, 10:00 AM   #144
cappie

Quote:
Disappointing result for the Focus Trend here, they mention low speed issues with the transmission and sub-par ride quality. I have read that the transmission has an update to make it quicker at changing between P / R / N / D. Funny enough their last review of the Focus praised the suspension?

https://www.caradvice.com.au/725357/...lf-comparison/
Yes, that is a disappointing review, especially with the stuttering transmission issue which caught them out when sneaking across the road.

Have any owners noticed this with their transmissions at all?
Old 04-04-2019, 10:01 AM   #145
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Disappointing result for the Focus Trend here, they mention low speed issues with the transmission and sub-par ride quality.
I test drove a ST-Line hatch (with torsion beam) and I didn't find it any different to my current Focus Trend. There was a comment in one article that the St-Line suspension, although firmer, was a better match for the torsion beam than the Trend's.

I also didn't notice any hesitation with the transmission, granted it was only a short drive. Selecting R from D didn't show up any hesitation. There's been a lot of comments about this 'delay' by journos all test driving the same car, possibly? The only thing I did notice was the transmission tended to 'hunt' a bit. It wasn't obtrusive but the gear changes were imperceptible. It is an 8-speeder so I assume it's meant to work that way.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #146
cappie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
Thanks.
I've been told that my vehicle is at the Zeebrugge WWL port in Belgium awaiting a vessel. No further details at hand.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #147
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've been told that my vehicle is at the Zeebrugge WWL port in Belgium awaiting a vessel. No further details at hand.

What spec did you get mate? Congrats BTW!

I have test driven a Titanium and noticed it took a second or two for the gearbox to find the gear going from Reverse to Drive or from Park to Reverse, I could also feel the transmission shifting but it wasn't obtrusive or anything.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #148
CatonaPC©

Quote:
I've been told that my vehicle is at the Zeebrugge WWL port in Belgium awaiting a vessel.
Thanks. Hopefully my car will be on the same boat. Keep us posted.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #149
cappie

Quote:
What spec did you get mate? Congrats BTW!

I have test driven a Titanium and noticed it took a second or two for the gearbox to find the gear going from Reverse to Drive or from Park to Reverse, I could also feel the transmission shifting but it wasn't obtrusive or anything.
I ordered a Titanium in Desert Island Blue with HUD and Active Park Assist 2, hence the reason it had to be factory ordered given there were none in Australia or on the water at the time of order in late Feb.

When I test drove an ST-Line (2018 build) I did notice some hesitation from Reverse to Park. Let's hope the software update addresses this. I just wonder if my vehicle will already have the transmission mapping software updated...
Old 04-04-2019, 11:20 AM   #150
cappie

Quote:
I've just done a search on the rego on the Focus in that article and it was complied in Oct 2018, which means it was one of the first ones to come to Australia.....hopefully later built vehicles will be better.