Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-04-2014, 12:46 AM   #3001
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Hey,

Why o why didn't they put tezza's dash in it much fresher looking

Spyman
spyman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 01:39 AM   #3002
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyman03 View Post
I just don't have my copyrights stamp ATM sorry guys
*puts on lawyer hat*

It's COPYRIGHT (without the 'S').

Sorry, it's been irritating me for quite some time now, carry on
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 01:43 AM   #3003
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

It's been speculated that there will likely be more than one tier of the new XR8.
With that said since it's the top tier version scoring the GT motor & drive line how cool would it be if they called that model the "XR8 RPO".

Would be the perfect final tribute.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 01:43 AM   #3004
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
*puts on lawyer hat*

It's COPYRIGHT (without the 'S').

Sorry, it's been irritating me for quite some time now, carry on
Hey,

Sorry I'll update that for ya.....lol

Spyman
Old 24-04-2014, 01:45 AM   #3005
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa View Post
It's been speculated that there will likely be more than one tier of the new XR8.
With that said since it's the top tier version scoring the GT motor & drive line how cool would it be if they called that model the "XR8 RPO".

Would be the perfect final tribute.
Hey,

GS ;-)

Spyman
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 01:46 AM   #3006
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

If I see a Camaro or Challenger or similar on the road I just want it. I don't care what's inside. It's got the body and the grunt.

Me thinks the final Falcon will have that element about it, sheer charisma. Circumstances say it may not be everything we may like, but it's the final Falcon and it will have a helluva lot of good about it.

Bring it on.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 02:41 AM   #3007
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
If I see a Camaro or Challenger or similar on the road I just want it. I don't care what's inside. It's got the body and the grunt.

Me thinks the final Falcon will have that element about it, sheer charisma. Circumstances say it may not be everything we may like, but it's the final Falcon and it will have a helluva lot of good about it.

Bring it on.
I'm still in the US after three weeks on our holiday and the appeal of the Camaro and Challenger, Charger (even the Mustang) has dwindled considerably.

It's fine in Aus when you see one, because it's different and they are usually all tricked out, top tier versions. The ones over here are mostly basic with crap wheels etc and are EVERYWHERE. I'm actually disappointed by the saturation of them and when they hits Aus it'll be the same thing IMO.

There's something in keeping them limited in numbers To keep their appeal I reckon...
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 07:51 AM   #3008
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50 View Post
I'm still in the US after three weeks on our holiday and the appeal of the Camaro and Challenger, Charger (even the Mustang) has dwindled considerably.

It's fine in Aus when you see one, because it's different and they are usually all tricked out, top tier versions. The ones over here are mostly basic with crap wheels etc and are EVERYWHERE. I'm actually disappointed by the saturation of them and when they hits Aus it'll be the same thing IMO.

There's something in keeping them limited in numbers To keep their appeal I reckon...
I doubt there will ever be as many Mustangs per capita in Oz as in the US.

I feel the same way about XRs post AU, they're everywhere nowadays and they're mostly dog eared XR6s. Then you see the occasional optioned up beloved XR8/6T and you think 'yeahhh nice'

Where there's R&D to be recouped, our flat out money to be made, there will be 'lesser' model variations floating around.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #3009
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 09:21 AM   #3010
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:

The whole idea behind the concept of the Mustang was for an affordable sports type car for the masses, it's had it's limited editions, but i doubt very much you would see it celebrating 50 years in production if it was constructed in limited numbers only.....it needs the sales of the basic models to hold up those high spec versions....the GT/FPV Falcon would have died long before now if it hadn't have been for the sale of the bog stock basic versions.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #3011
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace View Post

Hey,

Did you ask them about their advertising of it or did you ask about it....lol

Didn't listen to ya it sounds like

Spyman
Old 24-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #3012
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Quote:

Mate of mine said 'hey lets cruise in my Mustang'. Wheeeeeeee!!! Until I saw the drop top and the wheezy six. But heck, we can say the same of our own homegrown stuff, familiarity breeds contempt

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
Old 24-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #3013
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey,

Did you ask them about their advertising of it or did you ask about it....lol

Didn't listen to ya it sounds like

Spyman
I hope Ford "Marketing" have finally recognised the massive FAIL in their Marketing Strategy - by exclusively targeting insipid 20 something females, who they seem to assume are only interested in two F's.........NO, not that....boring Fuel Economy and Facebook.

If they ever recognise there is a much wider market (than girls who are generally not interested in driving), and re-discover some testosterone, and emphasise outstanding Driving Dynamics, Exhileration, Sport Performance (etc) - and even Sex Appeal, they might run the risk of gaining some street Credibility - and actually sell some cars.

They could not go wrong by revisiting the old BA TV Ad.....which actually sold cars !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDaLxN5FIjE
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #3014
XBGTFGGTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey,

Look too FG xr8 series one trim level as to the FH car, it's sexy.

Gt-f is a bumper,sticker,wheels and a cow change with a new badge here and their

And to anyone on here that has put a deposit on one congrats...you'll love it

Spyman
Cant wait to see pics, and also have mine delivered.

XA GT Manual
XBGT Manual
XC GXL
1982 XE S-Pac V8
2011 F6 Velvet
2011 GT Manual Black/Gold
2020 GT500KR
FG-X Sprint
F150 Shelby
XBGTFGGTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 11:37 AM   #3015
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
I hope Ford "Marketing" have finally recognised the massive FAIL in their Marketing Strategy - by exclusively targeting insipid 20 something females, who they seem to assume are only interested in two F's.........NO, not that....boring Fuel Economy and Facebook.

If they ever recognise there is a much wider market (than girls who are generally not interested in driving), and re-discover some testosterone, and emphasise outstanding Driving Dynamics, Exhileration, Sport Performance (etc) - and even Sex Appeal, they might run the risk of gaining some street Credibility - and actually sell some cars.

They could not go wrong by revisiting the old BA TV Ad.....which actually sold cars !!

Most young people arnt interested in driving, not just women.
They did a survey and the younger people saud they'd rather take public transport as they can play with their phone/tablets etc.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #3016
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:

The cars that already have that are selling without the need for marketing.
The ST range of cars sells quite well as did the previous XR5T which had next to no marketing. It's reputation was already known before they hit our shores.

The wider marketing to "girls" etc is because Ford want to expand their market and move away from being the "Falcon" company. Those who want a performance Falcon know of them anyway and will buy one, no need to really waste marketing dollars on that.
Old 24-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #3017
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
There is a lot of marketing, in all areas, aimed at the 20-30 age group as they have the most disposable income.

Older age groups are more likely to spend their money on insignificant things like Rent, Mortgage, Family, Food

Didn't someone once say that they are not in the business of making cars. They're in the business of making money
Old 24-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #3018
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=stevefreestyle;5078939]I hope Ford "Marketing" have finally recognised the massive FAIL in their Marketing Strategy

Hey,

The only marketing will be about its long history and nothing about going forwards

Look to the gt-f write up of late all about the history and nothing about a car,to get ppl in to buy it as their is only 500 cars

Spyman
Old 24-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #3019
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:

I don't know how far off they really are with their targeting though.
The only people I know who have bought brand new cars (I'm a 21 y.o guy for context) are 20 something and under girls.
Sure they're cars like i30's and Barina's but a sale is a sale.

While I'd rather buy a few year old Falcon for the same price as a new 3 or something, mine isn't 'cute' or 'tiny' or 'pretty' enough. So they see a sparkly new car with low interest rate (with a 5yr term and no deposit ): ) shimmering in the sun, go walk in the dealer and close the deal. Hardly a test drive, just a tech test. But that's what gets them going, what they see as value in a car.

Car guys don't need to be advertised to - they know whats out there and whats in the pipeline years in adavanced. I dare say I'll buy a new Mustang when I sell my car in 4 years odd. No advertising required.

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #3020
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

I love my FGII XR6T Ute - especially down the F3 once a week when the cool air gets sucked in like my Friday Schooners...but i know Im gunna love my FH XR6T Ute even more too

in the meantime its back to countiong down till i get to drive it back to the Coast...
BA Falcon RTV - Project Ute 265,000km
Sold PXII Ranger XLT Cool White. 105,000
Sold PX Ranger XLT in cool white, 151,700km on clock.
Sold FGII XR6T Ute LTD Edition in Kinetic.
Sold FG XR6 Ute
Sold BA Falcon RTV. 251,300km.Was a great mate for last 7 years

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Sold '85 XF & Crashed 84 XF
Falcon_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #3021
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
There is a lot of marketing, in all areas, aimed at the 20-30 age group as they have the most disposable income.

Older age groups are more likely to spend their money on insignificant things like Rent, Mortgage, Family, Food

Didn't someone once say that they are not in the business of making cars. They're in the business of making money

IIRC, that was Bunkie Knudsen while he was at GM who said that. He also had another famous saying - you can sell a young persons car to an old person but you can't sell an old persons car to a young person.

Ford AU's buyer demographic a few years ago was in the 47+ age bracket, it's a no brainer to try and reduce that by making the brand more 'exciting' to the younger generation, once you've got them the trick is to retain them so they continue buying Fords.

I think I saw a recent Holden ad that essentially described this by taking viewers through the SUV range through the ages, ie Trax>Captiva>Colorado.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #3022
AUS GRUNT

Quote:
Hey,

Why o why didn't they put tezza's dash in it much fresher looking

Spyman
Are you talking about the 2014 updated tezza?...if so, could you upload a pic of that dash also please spyman
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #3023
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS GRUNT View Post
Are you talking about the 2014 updated tezza?...if so, could you upload a pic of that dash also please spyman
I think he's talking about the SZ Territory's dash.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #3024
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If a had a dollar every time someone has asked Spyman03 to post a pic, I would have enough money to buy this dam prototype FH falcon.

Last edited by futura; 24-04-2014 at 05:12 PM.
futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #3025
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
If a had a dollar every time someone has asked Spyman03 to post a pic, I would have enough money to buy this dam prototype FH falcon.
If i had a dollar every time i logged on to this thread in hope that there actually was a real "sneak peek" at the new Falcon....i would have enough money to build my own prototype!.........or buy Broadmeadows! Lol
Old 24-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #3026
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

like vultures scavenging over a dead carcass.

What's more to see?

Just wait for full reveal now,anything else will not do the car justice.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #3027
LooLoo18

Yeah Im with you guys I think I might just wait and see what they serve up.
The more i see and hear the more Im thinking its going to be an FG with a Fusion or Taurus type front on it like all the new models coming out of Ford
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #3028
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Wonder what the powers that be at Ford think of this thread.. AND spyman's teasers?
Good look or not for AFF to be "allowing" it??
OR are the "teasers" being actually condoned and orchestrated by Ford themselves?
I know if any of MY employees were leaking IP, I'd be bloody ropable and would leave no stone unturned in ratting them out!
But maybe I'm missing (or not aware) of the bigger picture?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 06:20 PM   #3029
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

I don't think it'd be that hard for them to work out the 'who' if they really wanted to, of course maybe they just plain know. I doubt many would be in a position to take those pics. But we can leave the paranoia on that other forum please (yes I've read it) and they're perfectly entitled to take that approach.

I'm sure if Ford had a issue they'd contact this forum and let us know and Russell would be up front about that. Personally I'm with jpfs1, I'm kinda in the mood for the reveal

2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #3030
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone know when they will start rolling the FH off the production line, obviously this will be before the launch date so that dealers have stock, but if its an October release, will they be all tooled up and ready to go by say August? How does it normally work in the factory when you transition to a new model?
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: