Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #1
ScoopED
Thumbs up for fossil fuel

Default !!! THIS IS TERRIBLE !!! Bob Jane Slandered on Wikipedia

G'day,

Now, I dont really know much about Bob Jane. I saw an ad on TV a few minutes ago for Bob Jane T marts, and thought that it would be worth looking him up on Wikipedia.org

What I found was disgusting!!!
He may or may not be all the things mentioned on the web page page. But either way, I do not think that it is an appropriate place to 'advertise' the fact!!!

Read and you will know what I am going on about.....

I mean, it is terrible, but a bloody crack up at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil_laug :evil_laug :evil_laug

An excerpt... "Goodness knows he will be in very good company and we all hope is slowly roasted over an extremely hot fire for 10,000 to 20,000 million years. However it will probably take that long just to cook his massive swollen head."

I'll let the article tell the rest of the story.....

Bob Jane
(wikipedia)

Mike

1992 EB Fairmont
351cu in Windsor Roller Cam
Valve Body "Shift Kitted" BTR 4spd Auto
Hi Tek Headers Tri Y
Twin 2.25 into Single 2.5in
17in x 8in BA XR8 Copies
235x45x17 Nankang NSII
Ultra Low King springs
Whiteline 30mm Swaybar
Nolathane box section trailing arms
Slotted DBA front rotors
Yella Terra roller rockers
Old 14-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
pauly85
commodore bogan

that is one of the funniest things i have ever read on the net...i dont care if its true or not, that made my decade!!

"It's not exactly determined when his homosexual interests came to a head, however he like to try a wide range of homosexual interactions with numerous men of different ages."

HAHAHA
Old 14-01-2007, 11:30 PM   #3
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Someones obviously got it in for him and managed to 'slightly' alter what was there. I am sure Bob knows who it would be and have fun in the following cival action! Must say though, very clever way to get someone back!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 14-01-2007, 11:36 PM   #4
Ford_V8

lol just goes to show how easily wikipedia is edited :P They actually have people that patrol edited articles, searching for spam and defamation. They also have a list of "serial offenders" IIRC
Old 14-01-2007, 11:36 PM   #5
Peter T

Sounds like somebody married his ex wife , and then got a set of "Rubbish tyres " from him as well, !!! pmsl
Old 15-01-2007, 12:08 AM   #6
WASP
Whipple Induced

I know alot of SA locals have been unhappy with the lack of support Bob Jane has given Adelaide International Raceway, but that taking it to an extreme. Obviously a hacker job.
Old 15-01-2007, 12:10 AM   #7
ScoopED
Thumbs up for fossil fuel

History of edits to the page

It gets quite vile.... Somebody is REALLY not happy with him.

You can read the edits if you select them.

Mike

1992 EB Fairmont
351cu in Windsor Roller Cam
Valve Body "Shift Kitted" BTR 4spd Auto
Hi Tek Headers Tri Y
Twin 2.25 into Single 2.5in
17in x 8in BA XR8 Copies
235x45x17 Nankang NSII
Ultra Low King springs
Whiteline 30mm Swaybar
Nolathane box section trailing arms
Slotted DBA front rotors
Yella Terra roller rockers
Old 15-01-2007, 12:13 AM   #8
big_pete
Sublime

but it must be true......its on the internets!
Old 15-01-2007, 12:16 AM   #9
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

hmmmmmmm...... sounds like a familly member that has been left out of the will,.....or missed out on a root from the big guy
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
Old 15-01-2007, 12:38 AM   #10
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

most car people arent happy with him due to him sitting on alot of major racetracks andnot doing anything`with them letting them rot.

Anyone whos gone up the calder park return rd will know what im tlking about.
Old 15-01-2007, 12:45 AM   #11
XRchic
Hello

Never believe everything you hear/read on internet. But then again, who knows? One defence to defamation is truth...

And as far as defamation is concerned, it would be libel, not slander.

: Cobra :
Old 15-01-2007, 12:50 AM   #12
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

someone edited it already? i could only find this...

Quote:
Bob Jane won the first two of these races in 1963 and 1964, the first with Firth and the second with George Reynolds as co-driver. It's not exactly determined when his homosexual interests came to a head, however he like to try a wide range of homosexual interactions with numerous men of different ages.
Old 15-01-2007, 12:52 AM   #13
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
Look in the history.

: Cobra :
Old 15-01-2007, 12:52 AM   #14
MikeJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
Even that's been edited now.
Old 15-01-2007, 12:55 AM   #15
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Wiki will probably lock it as they usually do.. cause of improper edits..
Old 15-01-2007, 01:00 AM   #16
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Frankly, Bob Jane's homosexual interactions throughout his life are his own business.
That ex-wife, based on the Herald Sun's report a couple of weeks ago appears to be a nut.

Bob Jane has done a lot of good for himself and racing.

People should get a life and leave him alone.
Old 15-01-2007, 01:36 AM   #17
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave351cid
hmmmmmmm...... sounds like a familly member that has been left out of the will,.....or missed out on a root from the big guy
I dont think i'd be that disapointed if i missed out on a root from one of my family members... not sure about you by the sounds of it :P :monkes:
Old 15-01-2007, 03:40 AM   #18
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Things have been getting interesting in the Jane household see http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...81-661,00.html and
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...2-2862,00.html and
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...84-661,00.html

As I recall he also had a falling out with his old racing mate (raced an E49 Charger at Bathurst) and WA Tyre retailer/franchiser Ian Diffen a few years ago just before Ian died (heart attack 2003). They apparently had an agreement that they wouldn't compete in the same states (Ian would remain in WA and Bob would have the east coast) and this fell apart when Bob Jane opened stores in WA.

I met Ian Diffen when I was at UWA doing an MBA in the early 80's and he was invited along to talk to us about business management how he developed his business. As I recall as Ian told it Bob Jane and Ian Diffen both got into the tyre game at the same time after working for Ford and they realised the potential of importing and selling imported Japanese Tyres (an idea that Ford had apparently rejected). It was a while ago and my memory is perfect so some of this detail may be wrong.

Regardless of who is at fault the Wikipedia thing is bad form.

Last edited by aussiblue; 15-01-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Old 15-01-2007, 03:58 AM   #19
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

See http://www.fordforums.com/showthread...ghlight=Diffen for more on the Ian Diffen history.
Old 15-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #20
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
most car people arent happy with him due to him sitting on alot of major racetracks andnot doing anything`with them letting them rot.

Anyone whos gone up the calder park return rd will know what im tlking about.
Like myself.

Mr Jane let the best race venue in Vivtoria rot into something less than a place to race. No wonder people don't go there.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 15-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #21
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Bob Jane has done a lot of good for himself and racing.
Good for himself yes, good for racing no.

He's closed Adelaide International Raceway down to drag racers for 3 years now, and is still getting further court orders to stop them ever going back. So now if anyone from SA wants to race a 1/4 mile, Heathcote Park is only 700-ish km from Adelaide....

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Old 15-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #22
KaptnKaos
KAOS IS RANDOM ORDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Like myself.

Mr Jane let the best race venue in Vivtoria rot into something less than a place to race. No wonder people don't go there.
Calder Park fell into disrepair because Bob Jane had a "political" falling out with Shell in the old ATCC days.
Later, when V8SC was formed Shell remained a major player so Calder was never considered as a venue for championship rounds.
The subsequent loss of income was the reason the place fell into such a poor state.
The reason the place remains in a poor state is down to his son Rodney, who now has control of all of the Bob Jane companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
Good for himself yes, good for racing no.

He's closed Adelaide International Raceway down to drag racers for 3 years now, and is still getting further court orders to stop them ever going back. So now if anyone from SA wants to race a 1/4 mile, Heathcote Park is only 700-ish km from Adelaide....
Adelaide International - in particular, the dragstrip - was closed due to the constant noise complaints from all the morons who were dumb enough to build their houses next to a racetrack.
Don't blame Bob Jane for it remaining closed. Blame the succession of State Governments who have agreed with them!
Old 15-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #23
Scott

Search Rick Kelly.
Old 15-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #24
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKaos

Adelaide International - in particular, the dragstrip - was closed due to the constant noise complaints from all the morons who were dumb enough to build their houses next to a racetrack.
Don't blame Bob Jane for it remaining closed. Blame the succession of State Governments who have agreed with them!
This isn't correct there is a court case that has been going on for sometime about AIR.
Bob took a deposit for the AIR he was selling it to a big name wrecker over in S.A. when it was time to settle, the deal was a dispute over the land.
Bob was keeping some of the land which they say was never in the deal. The guy buying it says the deal was the all the land.
Now its in the courts so who knows when its finished.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 15-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #25
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pete
but it must be true......its on the internets!
They have internet on computers now ?
Old 15-01-2007, 11:11 AM   #26
TZAKHAMMER
TZAKHAMMER

Quote:
The reason the place remains in a poor state is down to his son Rodney, who now has control of all of the Bob Jane companies.
Bingo!!
Old 15-01-2007, 11:50 AM   #27
Scott

Quote:
Calder Park fell into disrepair because Bob Jane had a "political" falling out with Shell in the old ATCC days.
Later, when V8SC was formed Shell remained a major player so Calder was never considered as a venue for championship rounds.
The subsequent loss of income was the reason the place fell into such a poor state.
Agreed - except I don't think RJ has an evil plan to keep it rundown, simple economics keep it that way.

BJ's bad blood with CAMS is the most telling factor. It is this that has given BJ a big input to AMRS (who frequent Calder) and the great hope is that AMRS will get big enough to hold full field national events and potentially weaken CAMS. I'd say if the AMRS is supported, Calder will improve but it will take time.

The only way facilities will improve at any track is with bums on seats so get out and support racing at the lower levels!
Old 15-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #28
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

And not a word about ill-gotten gains being used to fund his racing or having to rely on big horsepower cars to cover a lack of driving talent?

On Calder the fees for club track hire have gone way up in the past year or two. A pity seeing as it is close to Melb.
Re: Residents complaining about noise from adjacent racetracks (cheap land) – Winton copped it and now Sandown are copping it.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Old 15-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #29
KaptnKaos
KAOS IS RANDOM ORDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
And not a word about ill-gotten gains being used to fund his racing or having to rely on big horsepower cars to cover a lack of driving talent?
Assuming you are correct (for the sake of argument), Bob Jane was certainly not the only one of that era to be guilty of it.

Anyone remember a bloke by the name of Geoghan? Big Pete couldn't drive to save himself, but he could build killer cars!

And what about "Gelignite" Jack Murray? He had to rely on gimmicks to get by.

The Beechey boys were great drivers & engineers but used to supplement their income with some "driving" of a different kind.
Old 15-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #30
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Big Pete couldn't drive to save himself, but he could build killer cars!
I expect a lot of interesting replies to this statement.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
This user likes this post:
Closed Thread