Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 11-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #61
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
I'll be rooting around with stuff for a while.
been there, took me some weeks (and the odd dumb question posted here)

My partner will yell at me when she drives it because there will be wheel shaking and numerous beeps going on that she won't know what they are for.
ditto, got grumbled at by significant other.......all the way to Tas and back (3000kms...sigh)

MB XR5 mit hi-spec HMI - great drive for you, but pick who you be a passenger with.....
I'm almost always the driver. Except when I'm a bit 'tired and emotional'.
We are on the same page here.
3000 kms - you sir, are an oak.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #62
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gee Dusty don't tell me you are a emotional Collingwood supporter

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #63
msford

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Gee Dusty don't tell me you are a emotional Collingwood supporter

apstar
Well, if he isn't, I am, and the first big trip in our brand new Titanium will be to the MCG for the unfurling of the 2010 Premiership Flag v Carlton.
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2011, 08:09 AM   #64
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Msford. Not Collingwood, but I was at both GFs last year, and saw us get beaten.
I was there with Collingwood supporters for the first one.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #65
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You are a Saint Dusty

apstar
Old 12-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #66
Mickmelb

All this talk is making me even more impatient hopefully I'll get mine soon, has anyone got a delivery date for theirs yet? Interestingly the 1 I saw at the dealers had a Nov 10 build date, that's a slow boat.
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #67
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I know mine will come in around mid-may.
Mick, I'd be getting onto them. Etheridge has one and I think Knox has one as well.
Previous:
Old 13-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #68
luckster
Starter Motor

Gday guys,

My new leaser is a Titanium diesel hatch.

Was quoted end April for one in Frozen White.

Managed to cut the wait time to 25th Feb. simply by asking the question
and taking my second choice..silver ;) ... which was probably on the way
already but yet to to have a taker.

Really looking forward to the drive as it ticks all the boxes
luckster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #69
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Welcome Luckster!
I'm waiting on a wagon, so that won't be here until May. Hatches are here now, but I'd say they are all taken.
I hope it gives you many years of safe and trouble free motoring.
Previous:
Old 13-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #70
msford

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckster
Gday guys,

My new leaser is a Titanium diesel hatch.

Was quoted end April for one in Frozen White.

Managed to cut the wait time to 25th Feb. simply by asking the question
and taking my second choice..silver ;) ... which was probably on the way
already but yet to to have a taker.

Really looking forward to the drive as it ticks all the boxes
That's the opposite of what I was getting told. I was told by some dealers that they were expecting a black or white MC hatch in Feb but couldn't get me a silver one, which is my preferred colour. I even had one dealer offer me a dark mikastone for Feb delivery, but, again, not my colour choice.

My expected pickup date is March 12 for a silver one but that annoys me off if there is a dealer that is getting one in Feb when everyone I contacted told me no chance. Do you mind revealing which dealer, luckster? PM me if you prefer not to post it.
Old 14-02-2011, 12:18 AM   #71
luckster
Starter Motor

Hi Dusty,

Thanks for the welcome I did a lot of due diligence on a suitable vehicle and could not believe how I had missed it earlier, when I finally thought about going Mondeo. It'll be good to climb back into a "car".

Hi ms,

Sorry to hear that I have grabbed your silver one ! If it was my choice, you take silver, I take white Quite a surprise to find such different availabilities on two popular colours.

Mine is to be supplied by Bayfords.

Cheers,

luckster
Old 14-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #72
msford

Quote:
Hi ms,

Sorry to hear that I have grabbed your silver one ! If it was my choice, you take silver, I take white Quite a surprise to find such different availabilities on two popular colours.

Cheers,

luckster
Your info prompted me to contact my dealer today and chase it up. ETA has improved and I'm on target to pick up mine on March 1st
Old 14-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #73
luckster
Starter Motor

Very happy for you ms.

Sooner you get it the sooner the driving pleasure starts
Old 14-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #74
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Re delivery promises and availability....some dealers are willing to try and do a swap with another dealer. I know that there is a listing of the cars on the 'puter. Just need to 'motivate' your dealer of choice to do some legwork to gain the sale.....sooner.

In the meantime, I'm really enjoying the drives in my MB XR5. Well worth the wait if that is your situation.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #75
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Hey Dusty1,
Oak is wood ..right?
Wood is used to make planks.
(So using the rules of logic.....If a=b, and b=c, then a=c)
...um ...So I guess I'm a plank - a thick one. Oh, it's much clearer now. Thanks.
Old 14-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #76
Mickmelb

No wonder Ford can't sell many Mondeo's. I had an update on mine today originally they had a blue one for me then said they couldn't get one so I picked white, all good they have a white 1 coming, now they can't get white and if I want it now they have a black one available or else wait till the next ship comes in. Maybe I should just go with the Honda Euro.
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #77
luckster
Starter Motor

Know exactly how you feel Mick. Stay strong and keep the faith brother !

Allan, agree with what you're saying about swapping. Perhaps supply is so short
dealers are relutant to swap, and prefer keeping popular colours to benefit margin ?
Old 15-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #78
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Luckster, let's just agree that this is still *just* a Ford. Market forces dictate that the target buyers will not (cannot, when leasing) afford/want to wait months for a particular vehicle to arrive. These are neither Porsches nor some fancy BMW M3.

I dreamed 3yrs to get mine. When it came to serious buying-mode, I was willing to wait 3 weeks, but only because I was picking it up interstate on an altready booked trip.

And Mickmelb, I've been down that road too.... "you can have the Sea Grey XR5 demo (at full price) or nothing"....so I took my business elsewhere. I did have another look at the Mazda6, but was too late, already brainwashed by turbo luxo barge XR5.

Hang in brother, these are fantastic once you can actually manage to get your hands on one. Seriously, look at buying further from home and getting it trucked to you. The price difference in the total deal may work in your favour, and you will have the car you want.....They all come from the same assembly line in Belgium.....

this thing called supply seems to be getting mentioned again, again, again....

so...back to snoozin in my Moondust Silver XR5T.
Old 23-02-2011, 12:36 AM   #79
DieselFan

Just got a titanium hatch today. We accepted any colour to get one faster.
Ended up with black and the waiting time was cut to 8 months..... Yes, it was ordered in June 2010.
Our order was lost then the model change then Christmas shutdown...etc..

I guess now we have it the new MC features list will help us forget about the issues.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 05:21 AM   #80
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, at least you will get the Titanium wagon. It's not coming to NZ, probably because it would be $60k here and Ford don't think that they'd sell very many.
Old 23-02-2011, 06:11 AM   #81
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Work has just got a whole bunch of brand new Titanium TDCI's - all range of colors.

About 30 of them.

i can tell they are the new ones cause they have those LED driving light things instead of foggies.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #82
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

photn - re LED driving light things instead of foggies.

I thought the upper spec models had both LED DRLs and foggies. Check out the marketing pics.
I wouldn't expect FORD Earth (global products now) to also supply a front bumper without the moulding for foggies. The bumpers are huge and would take up too much warehouse space to carry two styles...whereas blanking plates for fogies are relatively small.
....................<checked FORD site>.........
Yep, LX model has blanking plates for both LED DRLs and foggies.
Zetec gains foggies, LED DRLs blanked.
Titanium gets all the fruit.

OR.....are they different in the flesh ?
Old 23-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #83
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Chances are it's all there ready to go, but you would have to get Ford to activate anything you put on it that isn't standard.
Previous:
Old 23-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #84
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Frigin hell talk about bright DRL you can virtually run without your headlights and just use these I nearly blinded myself in the showroom

apstar
Old 23-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #85
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

bright DRLs...hence my other thread about effective auto mirrors.
Old 24-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #86
msford

Quote:
Hi ms,

Cheers,

luckster
Hey luckster, I want my silver MC back. Lol. I had some bad news today. Apparently the boat my car is on is now two weeks late and isn't expected to dock in NSW (Port Kembla for Sydney dealers) until March 9 and my best ETA is March 14. After having my hopes raised for picking up the car next Tuesday, I'm now quite ****ed off. I had already planned a driving weekend for March 12/13 and now I have to cancel that. I'm almost tempted to ring a few of the dealers mentioned on this thread and asking them if they still have a car in their showroom.

Luckster, if you have a pic of your car, can you post it so I can see what mine is supposed to look like, and I'd like to email it to my dealer to prove that there is/was a silver MC hatch in the country. I have a feeling he doesn't quite believe me.
Old 24-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #87
Dusty1
Giddy up!

msford, get onto Carsales and see what's about.
Bit of ****, especially now that you have to cancel stuff.
If you're in Melb get onto Etheridge (Andrew) he'll tell you how it is. I know he has a black Titanium wagon, or did, so migh have something else. Looks like a supply issue again.
Previous:
Old 24-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #88
luckster
Starter Motor

Hi ms,

I only get mine tomorrow so no pix yet...but shall be a sleepless night tonight
Sorry to hear you have another few weeks of pain.

With diesel prices up, keen to compare reduced consumption against my current but soon to be returned Craptiva.
Old 26-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #89
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

My father in major regional QLD collectd his MC Titanium TDCi recently. Dealer was in possessiion of it for only 48hrs (wanted it longer for diaply purposes, but father wanted it NOW !!) and dealer only received 2 cars from latest shipment (both the same)....so supply IS an issue again, ....again. It is the upgrade diesel and auto combination.

However, having got his paws on the vehicle he ordered before Xmas, he is very very happy. Commented on how well it goes...and will only get better based on other peoples comments on this forum.

One problem, it is the same colour as my MB XR5T.....LOL!!!
Old 27-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #90
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I went and drove a MC Titanium TDCi yesturday...

Was that new grey colour, that looks like purple / green in some lights.

What can I say about the car?? Wow, I love all the gizmos in this new car, and the taillights.

Took it for a drive, was dissapointed with performance, still laggy / slow (dealer said it would nearly go as quick as the XR5 because of the torque) but no.

Came home dissapointed, its just too slow for me. Car had 140 kms on the clock and the average was 11.1 (hard to guage as its probably been flogged its enitre life).

Overtaking road trains would be the biggest worry for me, i wasnt really concerned with how it performed off the lights / around town, but even compared to the XR6 it was lacking bite.

Love the car tho, wish i could fit the LED tail lights to the XR5!!

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 27-02-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post