Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 20-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
Sutekh
Starter Motor

Default ISOFIX and child car restraints

I gather that the Mondeo has the Euro standard ISOFIX points for child car seats.

Is anyone using these?

My cursory examination of the rear of a TDCi hatch didn't reveal any tether points, so I am assuming that the only option for a Mondeo is to buy an imported ISOFIX seat (although apparently these don't meet the Aus Std?).

Sutekh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutekh
I gather that the Mondeo has the Euro standard ISOFIX points for child car seats.

Is anyone using these?

My cursory examination of the rear of a TDCi hatch didn't reveal any tether points, so I am assuming that the only option for a Mondeo is to buy an imported ISOFIX seat (although apparently these don't meet the Aus Std?).
I've got a 2 week old daughter, we got a seat from Baby Bunting, got it fitted by their bloke, and all is well.

Bit shirty that they put the straps over the top of the headrest instead of under it, but that's how it goes.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All australian seats should work with isofix, is just instead of a bolt in the floor, they have an anchor point built into the back of the seat mostly. So dont stress about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Bit shirty that they put the straps over the top of the headrest instead of under it, but that's how it goes.
Thats a safety hazard, I would change that ASAP.... in an accident the headrest may break, and the capsule/seat will fly forward, as it will have an extra foot of movement.....
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutekh

Is anyone using these?

I have 2 car seats fitted (bought here) and they attach to the anchor points located at the rear of the back seats via the standard "hook" supplied with compliant seats. I've seen some cars where the anchor points are located at the rear of the car (near the boot opening) but this impacts on the load area.

Dusty1, The guy who fitted your seat doesn't know what he is doing. I've removed both headrests to fit my seats - I'm sure it even says to do this in the manual. Be very wary of many so called experts when it comes to fitting these seats. The first time I fit one I had it checked out by an "approved fitter" who gave me the all clear. I subsequently learned how they should be done through a company who do this full time (Littles) and it was a real eye opener. I've seen people put these things in and out of cars in 10 seconds but if fitted correctly, you should literally be able to shake the whole car by the seat itself. Doesn't do much for the seats but what they are protecting is more important. And by the way, congrats on the new addition!
Old 23-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superoo
Dusty1, The guy who fitted your seat doesn't know what he is doing. I've removed both headrests to fit my seats - I'm sure it even says to do this in the manual. Be very wary of many so called experts when it comes to fitting these seats. The first time I fit one I had it checked out by an "approved fitter" who gave me the all clear. I subsequently learned how they should be done through a company who do this full time (Littles) and it was a real eye opener. I've seen people put these things in and out of cars in 10 seconds but if fitted correctly, you should literally be able to shake the whole car by the seat itself. Doesn't do much for the seats but what they are protecting is more important. And by the way, congrats on the new addition!
Thanks for the congrats. She is pretty special.

The straps over the headrest (which is all the way down) have a little bit of play in them. I think I might book someone else to have a look at it. Do you have the contact details for Littles? I would be keen to make sure it is on right.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 23-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Try here:

http://www.littles.net.au/

They come out, fit the seat and can show you how to do it as well which I found handy seeing I have to change cars from time to time.
Old 24-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superoo
Try here:

http://www.littles.net.au/

They come out, fit the seat and can show you how to do it as well which I found handy seeing I have to change cars from time to time.
Thanks for the heads up Superroo. I'll call them in and get them to come in next week to re-do it. There's always another drama!
Previous:
Old 24-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #8
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I was closer, i would come and help you myself, as they can be a pain... my wife hates it when i have to change the seats around to accomodate a 5th person in the car.... as I am sooo pedantic about getting it right.... but I would SERIOUSLY hate to rush it, and get it wrong.

A size 14 in the seat whilst you are tightening the seatbelt, and then the isofix strap works a treat... at least you know that the car seat wont move in an accident....

*touches wood* that you never have to find out.....!
Old 25-10-2008, 05:41 PM   #9
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
If I was closer, i would come and help you myself, as they can be a pain... my wife hates it when i have to change the seats around to accomodate a 5th person in the car.... as I am sooo pedantic about getting it right.... but I would SERIOUSLY hate to rush it, and get it wrong.

A size 14 in the seat whilst you are tightening the seatbelt, and then the isofix strap works a treat... at least you know that the car seat wont move in an accident....

*touches wood* that you never have to find out.....!
Thanks for the offer, if you were local I would take you up on the offer.

Yep, touch wood *knock knock* it never happens to any one here.
Previous:
Old 10-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So where can I get hold of ISOFIX baby seats either in Australia or from overseas?
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #11
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can buy from UK or EU... unsure about USA, but probably from there too.

ISOFIX seats are illegal in Australia, even though they may exceed the standard, they were not designed to meet the particular ADR, they cannot be used, even though, almost ANY car available in australia, will be able to us them competantly, and safely... they just dont have the ADR tag on them......

strange, but, im pretty sure that it is actually correct!!!
Old 16-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #12
BrisVegas
Noobie

The Focus & Mondeo have the same anchor points built into the seat backs. Take the headrests off so they don't interfere with the straps.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post