Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 17-02-2008, 02:46 AM   #61
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy666
Hey, I'm not sinking the boot in or anything Steffo - hats off to you for coming onto a forum full of Mondeo owners and criticising it!

But I just wanted to stick this up, its a review of the Passat you like so much. Yes, I know its by Jeremy Clarkson and cos its not a British car he bags it like anything, but its a funny read if nothing else!

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle549422.ece

(hmm, memo to myself.. maybe I should first check his review of the Mondeo before Steffo finds it and waves it in my face....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfU8B5a5ZCE

Closest thing to a new Mondeo review by them to date, starts a 2:38 through the video.

Clarkson reviews are always funny, but unfortunately, usually not the most unbiased or informative. I much prefer his TV shows. He's a top TV man.

I'm "criticising," it but I still think its a great car. Specifically, I'm saying that the Diesel is 2nd best in its class. Other models, different story. For example, there's nothing for Mondeo XR5 money in its class that's remotely as good. And the base car (29,990) is a hell of a better proposition then anything else similar sized for the cash (Mondeo LX or Camry? Gee...). Now if they brought the 2.2 TDCi here like they should and sold it for ~40k (39,990 or 40,990 or something), I'd be completley sold!
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2008, 09:07 PM   #62
monkeyboy666

Hey, thanks for the link Steffo. Given that at the beginning they refer to 'last weeks' episode having Kristin Scott Thomas on it, which was LAST weeks show here - then I'm assuming that that clip is part of tomorrows night episode here on SBS.

Hah! and they say that we are far behind here in Oz... Tomorrow night they will only be announcing the Mondeo as up-coming in the UK, while we have been driving it for months!

Also like the fact that the Commodore GTS is called a Vauxhall VXR8 in the UK.. Very Ford like. (Oops, sorry Steffo, bogan roots showing there! : )
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #63
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy666
Hey, thanks for the link Steffo. Given that at the beginning they refer to 'last weeks' episode having Kristin Scott Thomas on it, which was LAST weeks show here - then I'm assuming that that clip is part of tomorrows night episode here on SBS.

Hah! and they say that we are far behind here in Oz... Tomorrow night they will only be announcing the Mondeo as up-coming in the UK, while we have been driving it for months!

Also like the fact that the Commodore GTS is called a Vauxhall VXR8 in the UK.. Very Ford like. (Oops, sorry Steffo, bogan roots showing there! : )
We are quite far behind. Look at the date of that clip, 2007.03.04.

They love the VXR8. They love all the Aussie Holdens. I'd love to see Clarkson fang an F6 Typhoon... :
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2008, 10:30 PM   #64
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
Congrats mate!

Im picking up my XR5 mondeo on Monday

Any chance you can post up how the lowering goes? I want to do mine asap, but have heard it MAY interfere with the stability control?...

I myself cant really see how it would, as many other cars get lowered without a problem, but would like to get some feedback from an aussie.

Anyway, enjoy your new car!

Greg

I'll let you know as soon as it is done and i'll post up pic's as well. And hopefully i 'll never need stability control

Panther Black XR5T Mondeo
Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Lowered Eibach Springs 25mm
Alloy foot Pedals
Waiting for the Edit to come
Custom Cat Back Zorst
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #65
monkeyboy666

I read somewhere that lowering the car negates the warranty on the stability control? Or was that just a dream I had?
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post