Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #31
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ringwood VIC
Posts: 579
Default

makes the new camry look primative and cheap, but about the same size.

Build quality, panel fit, trims are all first class,

Very "euro" feel in style, handling is very good! tight and responsive!

tyres are not that suited to our corse roads, so you do get a bit of noise on some surfaces, but not obtrusive.

Instument layout is the best that ive ever seen in a Ford.

Just get your butt behind the wheel of one, they will be in dealers stocks next week! See for yourself!

Last edited by phoonfan; 09-10-2007 at 09:09 PM.
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #32
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,511
Default

Sounds awesome Thanks phoonfan
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #33
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
barra240t's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROYAS
Does this mean that you know we can get leather seats?
Would it be an option for the Zetec and TDCi like the Focus?
Mate, I dunno what I can and can't say without getting into trouble! You will know soon enough though and won't be disappointed.
barra240t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #34
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: northernbeaches(NSW)
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
makes the new camry look primative and cheap, but about the same size.

Build quality, panel fit, trims are all first class,

Very "euro" feel in style, handling is very good! tight and responsive!

tyres are not that suited to our corse roads, so you do get a bit of noise on some surfaces, but not obtrusive.

Instument layout is the best that ive ever seen in a Ford.

Just get your butt behind the wheel of one, they will be in dealers stocks next week! See for yourself!
They are an a great car,too bad Ford australia couldnt come up with this higher caliber vehichle in regards to overall packaging,there is nothing that is below average as with the Territory where some of the plastics are a bit : ,and that hurts me to say it .
__________________
Better roads,and better planned infrastructure=higher speed limit :
jweb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #35
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: northernbeaches(NSW)
Posts: 588
Default

Oh also Fords Estimate of 500 a month seems very very small,but will make for good resale value .
__________________
Better roads,and better planned infrastructure=higher speed limit :
jweb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 09:34 PM   #36
Paxton
Cobblers!
 
Paxton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Shire, NSW
Posts: 4,506
Default

I'm thinking about a Diesel hatch for the Mrs early next year. It has (and I mean has) to have Leather for me to be interested, otherwise its another Mazda6. Auto has already been confirmed, so that isn't a problem.

I'll have to have a look at the Motor Show in Sydney next week.
__________________
Ego BFII Ghia
Titanium Silver E53 X5 4.4i
Gunmetal EF XR6. Now retired from active duty.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #37
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ringwood VIC
Posts: 579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyweb
They are an a great car,too bad Ford australia couldnt come up with this higher caliber vehichle in regards to overall packaging,there is nothing that is below average as with the Territory where some of the plastics are a bit : ,and that hurts me to say it .

the new Falcon will be drawing a lot from this car, as will most new models in the future, Ford call it "kinetic design" and will encompas all future models. Ford Aus is leaning towards drawing from Europe rather than the US in the disign stakes, so when to see this model, expect similar in local content!

Heres a another buzz word your likely to become familer with, " Human machine interface"

got all the info, specs, power/tourqe figs if anyone is interested!

And Leather is an option!!!!! as well as sunroof, voice control yarrda yarrda
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:36 PM   #38
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Martyvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Brisbane North
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
got all the info, specs, power/tourqe figs if anyone is interested!

And Leather is an option!!!!! as well as sunroof, voice control yarrda yarrda
Interested.....
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:39 PM   #39
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ringwood VIC
Posts: 579
Default

bloody hell, now ive gotta type!
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:41 PM   #40
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Martyvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Brisbane North
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
bloody hell, now ive gotta type!
Hahahaha

Sorry, you asked if anyone was.... and i thought i would be the person to ask, so that people dont have to wait
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #41
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ringwood VIC
Posts: 579
Default

ok

Petrol kw's 118@6500 tq 208@4200

Diesel kw's 96@4000 tq 320@1750-2240

turbo kw's 162@5000 tq 1500-4800

Alot of people will can the Diesel's kw power output! but trust me the range in which the max power is on hand is MORE than enough!
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #42
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Martyvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Brisbane North
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
ok

Petrol kw's 118@6500 tq 208@4200

Diesel kw's 96@4000 tq 320@1750-2240

turbo kw's 162@5000 tq 1500-4800

Alot of people will can the Diesel's kw power output! but trust me the range in which the max power is on hand is MORE than enough!
I wont can the Diesel... It has the same power as my LR Zetec Focus, just twice as much torque.... and will use half as much fuel...... I just have to wait for the Wagon, If it ever comes... Wont fit the family's luggage in the hatch... hehehe...

Do you find it weird, that New Zealand is getting a 2.0 petrol Manual, a 2.3 Petrol Auto, no Diesel or Turbo, but they getting Sedan and Wagon, and no hatch??? Strange bunch those Kiwi's.....
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:48 PM   #43
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
Alot of people will can the Diesel's kw power output! but trust me the range in which the max power is on hand is MORE than enough!
Who cares about the kw output - look at that great serve of torque early in the rev range!!
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #44
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ringwood VIC
Posts: 579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
I wont can the Diesel... It has the same power as my LR Zetec Focus, just twice as much torque.... and will use half as much fuel...... I just have to wait for the Wagon, If it ever comes... Wont fit the family's luggage in the hatch... hehehe...

Do you find it weird, that New Zealand is getting a 2.0 petrol Manual, a 2.3 Petrol Auto, no Diesel or Turbo, but they getting Sedan and Wagon, and no hatch??? Strange bunch those Kiwi's.....

Luggage capacity hatch (seats up) 528ltrs

Sedan 535ltrs!

have i mention all models come standard with seven airbags, DSC, Traction contol, and electronic brake force distribution!
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #45
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
have i mention all models come standard with seven airbags, DSC, Traction contol, and electronic brake force distribution!
I know you don't want to type to much else - but do you know what extras the Zetec/Diesel spec comes with?

Do they get climate air / cruise / six-stacker cd system .. blah blah blah, any of that stuff??
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:04 PM   #46
Paxton
Cobblers!
 
Paxton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Shire, NSW
Posts: 4,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
And Leather is an option!!!!! as well as sunroof, voice control yarrda yarrda

Right, well...

Shame you aren't in NSW.
__________________
Ego BFII Ghia
Titanium Silver E53 X5 4.4i
Gunmetal EF XR6. Now retired from active duty.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:09 PM   #47
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Martyvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Brisbane North
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
Luggage capacity hatch (seats up) 528ltrs

Sedan 535ltrs!

have i mention all models come standard with seven airbags, DSC, Traction contol, and electronic brake force distribution!
I usually take my old mans Territory away with the Family... Its FULL.... I think i need to wait for the Wagon I know it will come one day... Its just a matter of time... Whether thats 12 months or 2 years, I will wait. I can sense a Ghia Diesel Wagon would suit my tastes down to the ground

And you are right the luggage capacity of these cars is huge, just not quite HUGE enough, in my case....
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #48
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ringwood VIC
Posts: 579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
I know you don't want to type to much else - but do you know what extras the Zetec/Diesel spec comes with?

Do they get climate air / cruise / six-stacker cd system .. blah blah blah, any of that stuff??
All of that +++++++ heres a few,

Preimeter alarm, cap less refueling, dual zone climate, 17" alloys, fromt & rear parking sensors, fog lamps, sony six stacker(aka XR5 focus) rain sensors, power everything!. hense the lack of a ghia model! no need with a zetec with leather and roof option!

XR5 picks up premium HMI interface, standard leather, and keyless start, along with the host of body styling, 18" alloys, sports stuff! etc etc

Last edited by phoonfan; 10-10-2007 at 11:15 PM.
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #49
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Martyvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Brisbane North
Posts: 1,969
Default

Oh, and is the auto the new Dual Clutch Style (Apparantly coming Q2 '08 to Europe) or is it a conventional 6 speed auto?
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:13 PM   #50
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
All of that +++++++ heres a few,

Preimeter alarm, cap less refueling, dual zone climate, 17" alloys, fromt & rear parking sensors, fog lamps, sony six stacker(aka XR5 focus) rain sensors, power everything!. hense the lack of a ghia model! no need with a zetec with leather and roof option!

XR5 picks up premium HMI interface, standard leather, and keyless start, along with the host of body styling, 18" alloys, spots stuff! etc etc
You have made me a very happy man
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:15 PM   #51
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Martyvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Brisbane North
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
You have made me a very happy man
you are not wrong there, a name change might be in order, from Dead to Alive haha
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:18 PM   #52
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ringwood VIC
Posts: 579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
Oh, and is the auto the new Dual Clutch Style (Apparantly coming Q2 '08 to Europe) or is it a conventional 6 speed auto?

Bloody hell, dont ask me techicnal questions! NFI! if its not in the Brochure/ordering guide i wouldnt know.... i get all that info from the you guys!!!
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #53
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
you are not wrong there, a name change might be in order, from Dead to Alive haha
Let's not get to carried away... ;) hehe
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 10:55 AM   #54
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: northernbeaches(NSW)
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
the new Falcon will be drawing a lot from this car, as will most new models in the future, Ford call it "kinetic design" and will encompas all future models. Ford Aus is leaning towards drawing from Europe rather than the US in the disign stakes, so when to see this model, expect similar in local content!

Heres a another buzz word your likely to become familer with, " Human machine interface"

got all the info, specs, power/tourqe figs if anyone is interested!

And Leather is an option!!!!! as well as sunroof, voice control yarrda yarrda
Yes i know Ford will be drawing form the Design ques "kinetic Design" as originally seen in the iosis concept.Its just a shame Ford Australia cannot design such a functional and overall well packaged vehichle without referring to previous design language and design briefs.Its not such a bad thing but for the engineers and designers in Australia \,innovation it not likely to come fromm them now or in the future,meaning Australia is never going to be competitive in the Automotive industry.And finally a Austrlalian Ford with Keyless entry,Bit gimmicky in some Cars mind you.
__________________
Better roads,and better planned infrastructure=higher speed limit :
jweb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #55
autolover08
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 120
Default

One thing i'd like to know...i saw the pictures on

http://www.caradvice.com.au/7056/for...#comment-29790

Thats the XR5 version for just over $40,000, what i'd like to know is where is the Projector headlights? or even HID headlights...i was a little disappointed when i saw the basic headlight lenses in these pics...

I can't wait to see the official pic from Ford on the mondeo!
autolover08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #56
csv8
Wrong Side of 60 !!!!!!
 
csv8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Central Q..10kms west of Rocky...
Posts: 8,040
Default

Leather is a $2000 option, the front seats are heated. Makes the ZETEC $37k plus on roads.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #57
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?
 
XR5-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 701
Default

Guys, Ford AU website now has all the info. XR5 is very very very sexy looking.

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...Page&c=DFYPage
__________________
2009 LV Focus XR5 Turbo Performance Blue

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #58
photn
AFF Post NAZI
 
photn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: werombi
Posts: 3,633
Default

must of added it this afternoon as i was on there today and it wasnt.
__________________
"Its not always about power, The car has to handle Beautifully"

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #59
BlackLS
yum
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,421
Default

Coincide with the motorshow unveiling.
__________________
2005 LS Focus LX
Nov05 | Manual | Black Sapphire
250,000kms.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 09:14 PM   #60
The Stylist
Automotive Designer
 
The Stylist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
Do you find it weird, that New Zealand is getting a 2.0 petrol Manual, a 2.3 Petrol Auto, no Diesel or Turbo, but they getting Sedan and Wagon, and no hatch??? Strange bunch those Kiwi's.....
I do, but I have a feeling the lack of the XR5 may be to do with supply issues at launch. We do get a hatch, along with sedan and wagon varients.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Other than what is legally copyrighted by the respective owners, this site is copyright www.fordforums.com.au
Positive SSL