Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 16-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #181
Mondeotragic
Banned

Default Further bubbling

A quick update on the problem. I am yet to contact another dealer about the problem....usual busy period over Christmas.
With the recent hot weather in Sydney the bubbling on the 3 buttons has increased and now the Demister button has almost completely lost its silver surface. I will contact the dealer after Australia Day.
Mondeotragic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #182
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondeotragic
A quick update on the problem. I am yet to contact another dealer about the problem....usual busy period over Christmas.
With the recent hot weather in Sydney the bubbling on the 3 buttons has increased and now the Demister button has almost completely lost its silver surface. I will contact the dealer after Australia Day.
Ford obviously skipped Oz for the hot weather testing! What some car manufacturers may not realise is it's not just the heat, but also the intensity of the sun, which of course is stronger in our part of the world.
Old 20-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #183
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even the FG is having hot weather issues (LCD screens fading out)
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 11:51 PM   #184
MOND30
If You Seek AU

Not sure if we're still adding new issues to this thread, but...

Have noticed on several occasions now, listening to the radio (Nova 91.9 in Adelaide) the Convers+ display in the instruments shows 99.1MHz, then after the screen displays something different, it will flick back to 91.9. The same station is playing the whole time.

Another thing, with the keyless entry on the Titanium, I will pull the door handle and it will unlock but the door will catch on the safety catch, requiring another pull of the handle to open. I have now resorted to a slight pull to unlock, then another one to actually open the door.

Either of these happened to anyone else? Oh and no 'pull' jokes will be tolerated! ;)

Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #185
GBgb
Starter Motor

Quote:
Either of these happened to anyone else? Oh and no 'pull' jokes will be tolerated!
Does that mean it takes twice as long to.... ..... sorry I'll go now.

My drivers door does that, pass side & rear door OK, but Drivers door always takes 2... ... :evil3:
GBgb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #186
MarkG.
Scarlett Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG.
Update on soft reversing sensor buzzer.
I have searched OS forums for a solution, and not had any luck.
So (with my hearing aid turned up ) - I went hunting with my trusty side kick.
I found the buzzer unit in the roof headlining, just behind the rear cabin light. I suspect it is being affected by the sound deadening material in the headlining.
My next project is to disassemble the cabin light & try to relocate the buzzer near to the light & clear of the sound deadening material. I let you know of the outcome.
Rgs MarkG
Hi Guys, I did not have time to check if someone else has got the reversing beeper fixed yet, but I got mine fixed on Monday 15/02/10. After 3 visits to the dealer, they located a wiring issue. The beeper is significantly louder. Also had my 15,000k service - $ 285. My average k/l for 15,000 is 8.5. I am very happy with everything.
MarkG. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #187
r2d2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
Ford obviously skipped Oz for the hot weather testing! What some car manufacturers may not realise is it's not just the heat, but also the intensity of the sun, which of course is stronger in our part of the world.
Over the weekend I have noticed my heated seat switch buttons are starting to bubble, well look like its back to Ford. Arrgh.
Old 18-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #188
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d2
Over the weekend I have noticed my heated seat switch buttons are starting to bubble, well look like its back to Ford. Arrgh.
Haven't noticed this on mine (yet), but I don't like the idea of having to replace bubbly buttons every couple of years. I know its only cosmetic but I couldn't stand that.

My auto up on the driver's window has also stopped working.
Old 18-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #189
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superoo
Haven't noticed this on mine (yet), but I don't like the idea of having to replace bubbly buttons every couple of years. I know its only cosmetic but I couldn't stand that.

My auto up on the driver's window has also stopped working.
I think you can re-set this yourself by holding the button up for a couple of seconds. This happened to me after my battery died, but mine was in not going down, so I just pressed it down for a while.

If this doesnt' work, there's bound to be a how to on the internet somewhere for this.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #190
fordmondeoman

HI there with your trans issue although i havent noticed it in mine but is new and i am still running the engine in.
Most new cars will hold gears a little longer this is to warm the engine up quicker very normal. harsh gear changes shouldn't happen though, but there is a difference from a harsh(clunk) to a very positive shift. hope this helps if u need any more help just ask i work on alot of late model euro cars.