Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #1
blueambition
Starter Motor

Default Mondeo - some colours discontinued?

Hi all. Ordered a TDCi hatch yesterday in 'blue ambition'. Dealer says 12-16 week wait - that's gonna hurt.

Reading "Mondeo Enthusiasts Group" (UK site) and they are saying that a number of colours are being discontinued - including 'blue ambition'.

Does this affect us in Aus? Dealer has said nothing about it to me, but maybe it's too early for him to know yet.

Anyone heard anything similar?

blueambition is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

blue ambition and tonic have been discontinued as of Feb build! If there isnt already one in the system as per your spec (which Ford would have had to have ordered 3 months ago) start looking at other colour options! We actually have and order for the same spec with leather that we cant fill! Was hoping Ford could help us out, got a definitive "NO" today! Diesels are very hard to get, specially with the bluetooth option!
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #3
blueambition
Starter Motor

Bugger!!! That was the only colour I had considered.

Any suggestions? What looks the best?

Anyone know what colours are they going to bring in to replace the ones they discontinued?
Old 12-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

I guess Ford Aus were always going to be at the mercy of any decisions made in Europe. We don't have the market size to have much of a say. Don't forget the Mondeo has been out over there for 8 months or so. Maybe blue ambition is a slow seller there? Glad I jumped on when I did as it was the only colour I considered (OK and black but the cleaning would have caused fights at home...).

Also noted that a 2.2 litre diesel is about to appear very shortly although it may only be in upper spec models.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #5
FRIKA
FRIKA

Im gonna be biased and say silver looks awsome.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
monkeyboy666

Hey... Thunder is the colour they use in all their brochures and ads!

Checkit!....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mondeo4.JPG (43.6 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by monkeyboy666; 12-02-2008 at 10:40 PM.
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2008, 12:08 AM   #7
jared79
Sock Puppets

Wow, glad I got in a got my Blue Ambition too. Looks like our colour will be rare Superoo. I guess that isn't so bad for us, sucks for you blueambition. My second favourite is thunder, would have gone that if I couldn't get Blue Ambition. Then silver after that.

Good luck with your choice, it's a great car.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #8
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Chill & Morello" will be the colours that replace them! Trying to get hold of some colour chips today!
Old 13-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #9
blueambition
Starter Motor

You're right Jared - sucks to be me. Oh well, at least the interior (where I will spend most of my time) will still look the way I want it to.

Was thinking of sea grey - not as dark as panther, so easier to keep clean (I hope).

Any thoughts?
Old 13-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #10
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From Ford....

Chill is a silky, smooth tinted silver with pearl pigment effects that flip through a range of cool blue to warm gold tones. Sophisticated, elegant and luxurious, this colour was designed with prestige luxury car buyers in
mind.

Morello is sophisticated, moody, deep purple with a splash of light activated mica pigment for a vibrant rich red / purple highlight. This colour will appeal to sports luxury buyers with the rich, chocolate and shiraz
tones drawing inspiration from emerging European interior design trends.
Old 13-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
blueambition
Starter Motor

Thanks for the info phoonfan. I'll have to see if there are any examples of what the new colours actually look like. Expensive decision to make based on a marketing blurb alone, but the chill does sound interesting.

Failing that, I might just go with what I have seen in the flesh - silver, thunder or sea grey all look good.
Old 13-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #12
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you were going for a blue, what about Ink blue? It is quite nice? We had an XR5 in it and it sold in a few days.
Old 14-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #13
Stormman
aiting for that Lotto win

I don't know what Morello would look like on the car but by phoonfans description I would certainly like to drink it
Old 14-02-2008, 01:23 PM   #14
GSR
Focus LT

The colour desription these days are sounding more like exotic wines.
GSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #15
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha! More like the Marketing Uni grads that they employ are enjoying more than a glass or two when working out how to describe the colours! (either that or some weed) :
Old 15-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #16
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

For my two cents worth, Zetec had a Colorado Red XR5 Turbo recently for the Small Ford Sunday, Victoria and the amount of looks the car got when we were out and about in it was noticeable. So much so I reckon there would have been a run on Neck Braces the following day!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #17
blueambition
Starter Motor

Just spoke with my dealer and informed him (wouldn't you think he'd be informing me??) that Blue Ambition is no more.

After some checking on his part, he confirmed this, so I have ordered Thunder. Delivery is still late April/early May.

I asked about getting it in Sea Grey and was told that I could not do so, as Sea Grey was not part of their "dealer allocation", but I could possibly order it from another sate.

I'm not sure how it works that Ford will be building the car for me, but not in some colours because I live in the wrong state. Sounds a bit strange to me, but there you go.

Anyway, Thunder it is, and I'm sure it will look great.

Now, about that 15 week wait ...
Old 15-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #18
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueambition
Just spoke with my dealer and informed him (wouldn't you think he'd be informing me??) that Blue Ambition is no more.

After some checking on his part, he confirmed this, so I have ordered Thunder. Delivery is still late April/early May.

I asked about getting it in Sea Grey and was told that I could not do so, as Sea Grey was not part of their "dealer allocation", but I could possibly order it from another sate.

I'm not sure how it works that Ford will be building the car for me, but not in some colours because I live in the wrong state. Sounds a bit strange to me, but there you go.

Anyway, Thunder it is, and I'm sure it will look great.

Now, about that 15 week wait ...
Mate, i had a 15 week wait for mine. So i exactly how you feel. But once you get it, it will be all worth it. I hope your 15 weeks doesn't go as slowly for you as it did for me.

Congratulations anyway.

Old 15-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #19
blueambition
Starter Motor

Thanks mate.

Does anyone recommend getting protection on the leather and paint, or is it just a rip off?
Old 15-02-2008, 08:39 PM   #20
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

WTF... : Think your dealer needs a reality check! PM me your specs and i'll get back to you with whats available and when!
Old 15-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #21
monkeyboy666

Quote:
so I have ordered Thunder. Delivery is still late April/early May.
Congratulations on Thunder - you won't regret it. MY first choice was B. Ambition but since I wanted a fully optioned to arrive within my life-time I had to settle for my second choice which was Thunder.

I've no regrets about the colour, it changes from grey-green to silver to almost tonic blue in different lights, its a bit of a chamelion. And it stays much cleaner looking much longer than my last (black) car did.

In answer to the question about the protection, I got the paint protection done but not the leather. I'm not sure if its worth it, or even how I'd tell - apart from maybe buying two Mondeos the same colour, doing just one and comparing them over time!

Hey just a thought - will you be changing your nickname now...?
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 12:12 AM   #22
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Thanks mate.

Does anyone recommend getting protection on the leather and paint, or is it just a rip off?
Yeah, I was suckered into it. I got the paint and interior protection, but it came with tinting. Get tinting, it makes the car look even hotter. Like Monkeyboy said, it hard to tell if it's worth it. I say the paint is, especially if you park it outside a lot like I do. The interior protection is supposed to make it easy to clean and protect it like the dirty marks you get from your arm when you lean on the door. But it's too early to tell.

See if you can get a combo deal. Which is what I did, paint, interior and tinting.

Oh and I don't regret it. Might as well protect it for as long as you can.

Old 16-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #23
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

I elected to give the paint, leather and carpet treatment offered by the dealer a miss and do the job myself with excellent products from Dave at http//waxit.com.au an advertiser on this forum. (Very efficient mail order service)

I used a polish/cleaner and three coats of sealant glaze (Klasse) and a leather cleaner and leather conditioner (Pinnacle) and have sufficient product left over to last for the forseeable future.

While it takes a bit of time and effort for me it was enjoyable and I am very pleased with the result at a small fraction of the cost of professional treatments offered
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #24
blueambition
Starter Motor

Hey Monkeyboy666,

I guess you're right - I do have to change the name.

Might just go with 'no ambition'. Seems to fit nicely.

Dealer got back to me on ea Grey. Said I could get it, but would have to pay an extra $800, as it is allocated to an interstate dealer and they'd have to pay 'double delivery' on it. onsidering they're already charging me $1665 for delivery, doesn't this suggest that they have 'doubled the delivery' on my car already?

Anyway, I'm sticking with Thunder, but thinking that since I have paid a deposit but still not signed anything with this dealer, I might shop around a little. Who knows, might get a better price AND a dealer who's not blatantly lying to me. It's really only laziness on my part that stops me from going interstate anyway, as I can't be bothered driving that far to find out what another dealer wants to give me for my trade in.
Old 22-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #25
blueambition
Starter Motor

Well, looks like I may keep the name afterall. Dealer rang this morning, told me there was a stuff up with someone else's vehicle order, and it is a blue ambition in the same spec I wanted.

I can have that one. Delivery in March.
Old 30-03-2008, 11:21 PM   #26
pigsy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Thanks mate.

I got paint protection for the XR5 and Territory, leather treatment for the XR5 and Scotchguard for the Territory.
I really do think it makes cleaning the exterior of the cars easier as far as getting bugs and crap off. The cars after 2 years still look brand new.

Will I get it done for the new Mondeo .... I don't know. Might just go out and get some really good after market stuff and save some cash. Will certainly be getting tint though.
pigsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #27
blueambition
Starter Motor

Well, picked the car up on Friday - TDCi, Leather, Bluetooth, Blue Ambition.

Couldn't be happier. Without a doubt the best car I have ever owned!

If anyone is reading this forum and wondering if it's the right car to buy (as I was), don't hesitate. Get down to your dealer and order one. Long wait for delivery, but as everyone who owns one will attest, well worth it.