Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: What is your Marital Status?
Female - In Relationship 58 8.57%
Female - Single 30 4.43%
Male - In Relationship 300 44.31%
Male - Single 289 42.69%
Voters: 677. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 08:06 AM   #1
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Default How many chicks on AFF?

Out of the AFF dating thread comes a question. How many chicky babes are ON this site?

How many are partnered, how many are single, how many WANT to be partnered or single? :

And cos we like cars, does that make us freaks in the world of women?

Just curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:05 AM   #2
LTDHO
The one and only

Not enough chicks!! :P
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 11-02-2005, 09:08 AM   #3
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pics?!!

haha sorry, I couldnt help myself.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:08 AM   #4
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

So

as a mainly male dominated forums, how do we turn this trend around and appeal to the females?
Old 11-02-2005, 09:09 AM   #5
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

*raises hand* another female here.

Already engaged, and if liking cars makes me a freak well then does it make me a triple freak because I have 3 of them?

:lookedat:
Old 11-02-2005, 09:20 AM   #6
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
So

as a mainly male dominated forums, how do we turn this trend around and appeal to the females?
CAREFULL !!! this can be the beginning of a very slippery slope, 1st its a couple of threads on dating and interior colours.
Next thing you know the Forum is in pink, the furniture has all been moved, and your life is being organised for you!! Don't say you were not warned! LOL
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Old 11-02-2005, 09:21 AM   #7
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
So

Stop being sexist b@stards! J/K!!!

I haven't had a problem with any of the guys on this forum. I think if you just give it time, they'll turn up. Cars are a male dominated area, such as computers (I.T. area mainly) and medicine.

I'll admit I was wary of joining a car forum, but it's the first place I come to now when I log on.

To quote Waynes World, "If you build it, they will come."
Old 11-02-2005, 09:57 AM   #8
blue fairy
I've become, impossible.

Another girl over here.
I am engaged to be married to blueraven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
CAREFULL !!!1st its a couple of threads on dating and interior colours.
Next thing you know the Forum is in pink, the furniture has all been moved, and your life is being organised for you!!

Damn you figured us out! :Up_to_som But I really do think pink is a terrible colour for a Ford Forum!
Old 11-02-2005, 10:06 AM   #9
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
So

After long and careful observations at meeting places such as KFC "Westside", Hindley Street and Motorsport events, I have come to the following conclusions on how to attract women to this forum, using the same obviously successful techniques I have witnessed day to day.

First, women are attracted to chrome, such as shiney mags and wings on Nissans. The forums requires more chrome.

Second, women seem to require to be told that they are desired and needed, the male species seem mostly to do this by, planting the right foot onto the accelerator of afore mentioned Nissan, and bellowing, "Show us ya t*ts!", and then leaving the area as quickly as possible in a cloud of smoke. We obviously need to meet these needs with google ads regarding acceleration and nudity.

Thirdly, women seem to adore men who are intoxicated, as at most motorsport events, you are hard pressed to find a man who isnt intoxicated, leading a wife in uggboots and an ac/dc tshirt and 13 children all screaming at the top of their lungs, obviously his charm is magnetic**. I suggest we all drink more before we post to simulate this attractive environment, to help us share our feelings more openly, and maybe a few more threads titled "Why I require to see your t*ts" and "Ofcourse I love you now roll over." would help us reflect our emotions and help us seem a more attractive place to post then other forums.

These few helpful tips will help us attract more maintstream females into our world of fast cars, road worthiness inspections and speeding tickets.

Yours faithfully
Doctor Phelonius Bastard, Phd, OOA, DCM, DILLIGAF

** NB: This may only work for Holden Fans.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Last edited by Sourbastard; 11-02-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:07 AM   #10
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Sorry to say but I thought all people who drove fords were girls......*flame suit now in place*

Craig
Old 11-02-2005, 10:13 AM   #11
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
CAREFULL !!! this can be the beginning of a very slippery slope, 1st its a couple of threads on dating and interior colours.
Next thing you know the Forum is in pink, the furniture has all been moved, and your life is being organised for you!! Don't say you were not warned! LOL
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:21 AM   #12
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
..... but I thought .......
I see the error in your arguement right there. Don't ever attempt to do a job, unless your armed with the tools and equipment to do the job adequately! : :thebirds:
Old 11-02-2005, 10:46 AM   #13
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh dear this thread has gone all over the place very quickly! bloody funny though :
Old 11-02-2005, 10:55 AM   #14
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
First, women are attracted to chrome, such as shiney mags and wings on Nissans. The forums requires more chrome.

Second, women seem to require to be told that they are desired and needed, the male species seem mostly to do this by, planting the right foot onto the accelerator of afore mentioned Nissan, and bellowing, "Show us ya t*ts!", and then leaving the area as quickly as possible in a cloud of smoke. We obviously need to meet these needs with google ads regarding acceleration and nudity.

Thirdly, women seem to adore men who are intoxicated, as at most motorsport events, you are hard pressed to find a man who isnt intoxicated, leading a wife in uggboots and an ac/dc tshirt and 13 children all screaming at the top of their lungs, obviously his charm is magnetic**. I suggest we all drink more before we post to simulate this attractive environment, to help us share our feelings more openly, and maybe a few more threads titled "Why I require to see your t*ts" and "Ofcourse I love you now roll over." would help us reflect our emotions and help us seem a more attractive place to post then other forums.

Chrome, tits and alcohol by God I think he's onto something there :
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:06 AM   #15
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Well I'm a chick. I'm partnered, to Mr Donut King. Which makes a total of 0 single girls so far on this thread lol. As to attracting chicks, I like sourbastards ideas but I also wanted to add that looking pathetic at all times can evoke much sympathy from women. (Not pathetic in the 'sex instructor t-shirt' way either!) Good luck guys
Old 11-02-2005, 11:11 AM   #16
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

pathetic.. 40 year old virgin still living at home with mum and tending his collection of pogs pathetic?

Or stubbies and flannel shirt standing in dole queue pathetic?

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 11-02-2005, 11:16 AM   #17
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Queen
Well I'm a chick. I'm partnered, to Mr Donut King. Which makes a total of 0 single girls so far on this thread lol. As to attracting chicks, I like sourbastards ideas but I also wanted to add that looking pathetic at all times can evoke much sympathy from women. (Not pathetic in the 'sex instructor t-shirt' way either!) Good luck guys
I have to agree with this, although another great way to attract women, is to have really messy hair at all times, a three day growth, the blue bonds singlet, with gut hanging out obviousy (the more gut the better), must have plumbers crack happening. VB in one hand and the winnie blues tucked into the singlet. Unfinished tatts on both arms with the names of ex girlfriends underneath them.

Hell I know I wouldn't be able to hold myself back. phwoaaaaar... :

Last edited by LuvinmyEB; 11-02-2005 at 11:20 AM. Reason: thinking about this type of guy sent my mind off into another world
Old 11-02-2005, 11:22 AM   #18
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
pathetic.. 40 year old virgin still living at home with mum and tending his collection of pogs pathetic?

Or stubbies and flannel shirt standing in dole queue pathetic?
Stubbies and flannel shirt standing in dole queue pathetic? That would do it for me.. :

Last edited by LuvinmyEB; 11-02-2005 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Is it getting hot in here?
Old 11-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #19
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

Another girl here. My first words on the 'other' forum were "Am I the only girl?" and at that stage I believe I was! :

Why did I come to the forums? Well I came from Blue Oval News originally and Chucky (FM) gently guided me to the other forum from there, as there were quite a few questions people had that I had the resources to answer.

I don't think there is any way of attracting girls that aren't interested in cars here (though I do recall one ages ago that was the sister of another forum member). My interest in cars has been bred into me, I have grown up with a car related background and have worked for the past 5 1/2 years in a Ford related field.

The forum has provided some very interesting and challenging moments to date, but I have met some awesome people. You know who you are! I still get contacted by forum members with very interesting requests.. it is quite fascinating and makes my day more interesting finding out an answer.

:
Old 11-02-2005, 11:27 AM   #20
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Queen
I also wanted to add that looking pathetic at all times can evoke much sympathy from women. (Not pathetic in the 'sex instructor t-shirt' way either!)
Hey DK.. that isn't an insult is it!?!?

(is that what he tried on you DQ?)
Old 11-02-2005, 11:38 AM   #21
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

well this is a wonderful debate as for the comments on women changes things like colour etc go and get a life. Not all of us are colour freaks or change freaks or that picky. Alot of us are hard working and under appreciated. To the comment of laminge being sexiest i dont think that is what he was implying i think he would like to get women who are either the other halfs ( or should i say better) of the guys on here involoved or the ones who generally like to work on cars etc. Not the ones who are only in it for a good time although i could see alot of guys enjoying those ones to. On the other side of things generally women dont get the time to sit at the computer because A) the men are hogging it B) we are tending to the needs of our children and husbands C) there is always some sort of cleaning needed to be done around the house usually after the males. So yes i would have to agree that we do need more women on here but idoubt if you will get them.

Last edited by Casper; 11-02-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #22
Donut King
Officially Unemployed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery
Hey DK.. that isn't an insult is it!?!?

(is that what he tried on you DQ?)
well looking pathetic certainly worked for me, so perhaps it can work for others too ;)
Old 11-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #23
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahahahaha.....casper why dont you be nice and do the housework one night so peta can get on and talk with us all :P

anyway, so far i dont think there is one single girl yet! the AFF dating thread isnt looking too promising for the single fellas unfortunately
Old 11-02-2005, 12:01 PM   #24
RATT

RATT sits back to watch..

:

Old 11-02-2005, 12:03 PM   #25
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut King
well looking pathetic certainly worked for me, so perhaps it can work for others too ;)
So how is your pog collection DK? :P

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 11-02-2005, 12:09 PM   #26
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol awwww deleted posts...and it was just starting to get interesting :

looks like its attracted a bit of interest too! 13 members viewing!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:16 PM   #27
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

goddammm!!

This thread has gone the wrong way so fast

All I wanted to know how do we make this a family forum as well as one for all to enjoy!

Can we keep it on that idea, after all, familiy comes first!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:17 PM   #28
MadManz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
Sorry to say but I thought all people who drove fords were girls......*flame suit now in place*

Yes, my Fiance does drive the car :thebirds:

but under stressfull supervision : :Up_to_som

must admit the tyres last longer when she drives :Reverend:

Old 11-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #29
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Another female here, also taken. ( : Fairmont99)
I think I joined the "other" forum to ask a question about the car I'm rebuilding. (I didn't get an answer, and am still stuck with the problem)
After that I lurked for another 6 months before actually joining in.
I think just give the girls time, and if they are intelligent enough to like Fords (and men who own Fords) they'll find their way here. :
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 11-02-2005, 12:43 PM   #30
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

ok another girl here...

and i think i am the first single one! woohoo exciting :
i just like fords... and that's why i'm here!

pics of my ute HERE
Closed Thread