Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-07-2018, 12:08 AM   #901
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
Guys, how do you know if you're suffering depression or just exhaustion?
I've got four young kids and a pretty full on job, but I thought I was doing ok.
But lately I've just been avoiding issues, don't seem to be able to engage/hold conversations and feel overwhelmed alot of the time. Bills have been going unpaid and I can't seem to just focus on anything.
Have been very hesitant to post in this thread, but feel I need help understanding how I'm feeling.

Hello,
I said I wouldn't post on this thread again and this seemed to please PG2 no end lol.
But until you get a real and proper diagnosis then members here are just second guessing, if there is no clinical diagnosis then you can't be given correct advice…

In my opinion you may not have depression, so get a good physical examination and bloodwork to rule out physical causes, then your GP will refer you on!
My opinion is maybe ADD or ADHD?

I was diagnosed with ADHD aged 59 yrs!
You imagine that,going through your whole life not knowing that you are sick!
My psychologist said " I had the most severe case of untreated ADHD he had come across "
Now I have always known since I was 5-6-7 yrs old that I was different, but I got through life,but, its always been very hard living my life.

Get checked out,could be anything,hormones in particular can unbalance your " daily life rythmn "

Cheers Billy.

PS..I will try make this my last post here PG2!
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2018, 05:45 PM   #902
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5wheelguy View Post
Watch good movies, classics, comedies.
Then again there are many factors as to why a person gets depression. 'They' say we all go through 7 emotions a day. Once you identify them, you can handle them better.
That would depress anyone!
This fellow hasn't been clinically diagnosed yet, so watching TV does not help, I know I watch it most days and its depressing.

I am not sure if the majority of the folk giving answers are right on the money with their responses!
Ya got to see a doctor first, then he decides, not anyone on this forum, even a Doctor member here can't diagnose you without seeing you first.

Cheers Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2018, 10:43 AM   #903
5wheelguy

Sometimes, you can't help.

It's like -

1) you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
2) you can lead a horse to water, but don't let it drink too much.

People HAVE to make mistakes to learn. Just try - not giving 2 hoots. Do something else.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:14 AM   #904
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
Guys, how do you know if you're suffering depression or just exhaustion?
I've got four young kids and a pretty full on job, but I thought I was doing ok.
But lately I've just been avoiding issues, don't seem to be able to engage/hold conversations and feel overwhelmed alot of the time. Bills have been going unpaid and I can't seem to just focus on anything.
Have been very hesitant to post in this thread, but feel I need help understanding how I'm feeling.
Yeah best thing is get to the GP to get things rolling. Even if you get on a mental health plan and talk to a psychologist it might help you get through without having medication. best to be proactive and get on top of it because the longer you leave it and the harder it will be. Plus whats say 10 visits now to help you through.
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #905
5wheelguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEYBA View Post
Yeah best thing is get to the GP to get things rolling. Even if you get on a mental health plan and talk to a psychologist it might help you get through without having medication. best to be proactive and get on top of it because the longer you leave it and the harder it will be. Plus whats say 10 visits now to help you through.
10, free visits? ;)

May I recommend looking up "Gregg Braden" on youtube? Yes, anyone can call it pseudoscience, airy fairy nonsense. But, on the other side, aka 'doctors', they have a pretty bad track record.

Personally, I want to believe that every illness can be cured, without the need to hassle some doctor.

Here's a freebie for you all... Do you know of the product 'Fisherman's Friends'? They contain a high level of menthol, which kills basty bacteria in the mouth & throat. I used to get the cold and flue, at least 2 times a year. Since I've been taking FFs on a regular basis (on public transport, etc) I haven't been sick. It's been at least a year now. I see no point in the 'flu shot'.

... If I get sick, I'll rant that FFs let me down.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:16 PM   #906
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5wheelguy View Post
10, free visits? ;)

May I recommend looking up "Gregg Braden" on youtube? Yes, anyone can call it pseudoscience, airy fairy nonsense. But, on the other side, aka 'doctors', they have a pretty bad track record.

Personally, I want to believe that every illness can be cured, without the need to hassle some doctor.

Here's a freebie for you all... Do you know of the product 'Fisherman's Friends'? They contain a high level of menthol, which kills basty bacteria in the mouth & throat. I used to get the cold and flue, at least 2 times a year. Since I've been taking FFs on a regular basis (on public transport, etc) I haven't been sick. It's been at least a year now. I see no point in the 'flu shot'.

... If I get sick, I'll rant that FFs let me down.
With all due respect, that’s like saying I need brain surgery but don’t want to hassle a brain surgeon.
Part of our culture that needs changing is to make it ok for blokes to seek help with anything before it becomes a crisis. Mental health is like the oxygen masks in an aeroplane dropping, you need to help yourself first.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 08-08-2018, 01:55 AM   #907
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some of you may have heard of Steve Vai. He is an award winning guitarist & composer. He is a very honest person who is completely open and candid about his own battles with depression & anxiety. He is really well spoken & to the point, and the interviewer knows his job. Well worth a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCKLApfq5gc
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2018, 06:26 AM   #908
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Talking Re: Depression, Anxiety

Hey sneaky good to hear, pm me if ya wanna meet n cruise although I’m a bit further north than Maitland now. I’m hopefully resolving a lot of my anxiety triggers by getting away from crouds of people and have moved... well in the process of connecting my workshop/lockup (a shipping container I bought) my living, bed and dinning rooms ( caravan) and my bathroom/WC (the old stationary camper van with fibreglass shower recess and no floor to which my thunder box will be... you get the picture) together which is on a share of a mates property just out of Buladelah , which is where I’m staying atm so I can use the internet one last time before living without town water . Sewerage pipes/septic tanks, and only one 10 amp power outlet to keep the insanity at bay and only satellite internet which unless I pay to have a 150metre trench dug in drought ridden clay and sandstone, to the only spot with slight reception ..oh and take over my mates internet connection as there are no more positions available on said satellite, that’ll be a no go. But I can drive 500 metres back up my driveway and stand on the roof of the GT to mobile sms n call reception and another 50metres up the road running around in circles I can get 3G data and actually send all the emails and mms back logged in my phone; tablet and hotspot connected laptop

OH FORGOT TO SAY THAT THE HAPPIEST IVE BEEN IN A LONG LONG TIME EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT RECENTLY SPENT big Dollars on the GT front suspension and rear end overhaul including tail shaft update which was so nice to drive the last 10000 kms on ... before getting to my new street which is 8.5kms of rutted dirt causeway gravel cattle truck one lane bone shaking road. So it’s at the motel with me and has to be sold sniffle 2012 FGmk2 SC335Boss (custom mk1 bonnet decal reading 335 because they look better and it also was ordered off the production line without stripes) gold decal and matching gold 275 rear 245 front vertelli wheels make it stand alone . I had $4000 worth of brakeSuspension engine service done in January at 90k kms . replaced font upper control arms . Brake system with genuine brembo rotors n pads .genuine ford hub *** on front , genuine ford rear rotors pads and genuine shocks/ struts and then took struts n shocks out (in storage) , while the coilovers are ..well .. sitting pretty. Selling it with matching as new gocart type trailer that has the marine carpeted floor and side boards with adjustable track slide tie down loops, insured for 53k start negotiations at 46k
Old 15-12-2018, 10:21 PM   #909
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Has anybody been on Paroxetine and weened themselves off the medication?

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2018, 12:04 AM   #910
Skellibert

My wife was on some sort of anti-depressants and took herself off cold turkey. (A long time ago - I can't remember what it was called)
She managed OK, but I have to say that you should NEVER try it alone.
Talk to the doctor who prescribed them and tell him - don't ask him - tell him you want get off, and follow his program with supervision.

But you need a good doctor willing to help you get off the medication, and you need support outside the doctor as well.

And as much as I hate to say it, sometimes the medication is necessary, so whilst I think you should stand firm on wanting to get off it, if the doctor presents good evidence for the need to continue, then follow his advice.

Now, I do not say they are never any use, but I am sceptical of the value in many cases, and I think drugs are way overprescribed (generally, not even just for depression etc), but taking yourself off them by yourself is dangerous.

And please, before people jump on me for my views - I acknowledge that sometimes the drugs are a necessary treatment. Sometimes there are non-drug alternatives.
Skellibert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2018, 08:14 AM   #911
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellibert View Post
My wife was on some sort of anti-depressants and took herself off cold turkey. (A long time ago - I can't remember what it was called)
She managed OK, but I have to say that you should NEVER try it alone.
Talk to the doctor who prescribed them and tell him - don't ask him - tell him you want get off, and follow his program with supervision.

But you need a good doctor willing to help you get off the medication, and you need support outside the doctor as well.

And as much as I hate to say it, sometimes the medication is necessary, so whilst I think you should stand firm on wanting to get off it, if the doctor presents good evidence for the need to continue, then follow his advice.

Now, I do not say they are never any use, but I am sceptical of the value in many cases, and I think drugs are way overprescribed (generally, not even just for depression etc), but taking yourself off them by yourself is dangerous.

And please, before people jump on me for my views - I acknowledge that sometimes the drugs are a necessary treatment. Sometimes there are non-drug alternatives.
I think your view is pretty spot on re meds. It is so easy for GP's to hand out meds willy nilly........... I think we as a nation are way over subscibed on meds.........
4 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2018, 04:02 PM   #912
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
I think your view is pretty spot on re meds. It is so easy for GP's to hand out meds willy nilly........... I think we as a nation are way over subscibed on meds.........
Although what the GP prescribed me was necessary and has been beneficial, I wish he had chosen another product. Biggest side effect is not being able to reach a happy ending without much effort. We all want it to last longer but after what seems eternity you just want to get to the destination.

BTW - good luck to Majak Daw and hope he gets the help he needs.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
4 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2018, 01:55 AM   #913
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm pretty certain my best mate is going through some **** but I don't know what is happening because his mum and missus don't get me involved and they obviously do their best to keep me out

I'm feeling real bad because it's a 20 year friendship and I have been ghosted.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #914
vixf6

To all those who suffer from this, I wish you all the best for Christmas and the future. With a good doctors help, try to find a way to keep going and stay positive, fit and healthy and strong, it’s doable.
2016 R8 Clubsport Lsa sold for beer money
F6 sold AND SAD ABOUT IT
vixf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #915
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

The problem with this time of the year is that it tends to exaggerate these type of feelings, for me at least. I witness people around me winding down and relishing the opportunity of spending down time with friends and family. For me this does't happen and I find myself resentful and jaded by the whole unnecessary waste of effort that is Christmas/New Year.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #916
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
The problem with this time of the year is that it tends to exaggerate these type of feelings, for me at least. I witness people around me winding down and relishing the opportunity of spending down time with friends and family. For me this does't happen and I find myself resentful and jaded by the whole unnecessary waste of effort that is Christmas/New Year.

For others, like me, it is the sadness of remembering how good Christmas used to be and the yearning for it to be like that again.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
6 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2018, 07:01 PM   #917
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I agree mate, people loose perspective at Christmas, check out the shopping centre, everyone going mental buying crap, acting like the supermarket will never be open again.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 24-12-2018, 09:47 PM   #918
.:4:.
Kicking back

So far, now i say so far. My plans are to take my kid to my familys christmas. That can change dealing with the pscho hose beast who likes to make things difficult. The past few years she has pretty much by choice ruined it to the point i cant make it in time to celebrate my family before its over due to the manufactured pointless run around. This year should go ok.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2018, 09:24 AM   #919
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stay strong everyone.
One more day.....one more day...
Merry Christmas.
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2018, 10:16 AM   #920
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
3 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2018, 08:23 AM   #921
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
My GP handed me out drugs by googling my symptoms, together, like I know what the types were, anyway I turned out neither did he...10 years later
Old 26-01-2019, 01:21 PM   #922
Grega

its a good business medicating people. keep people sick, keep the health system and big pharma going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damoose
You like it so much now the tig trolley is green..
Grega is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-01-2019, 09:40 PM   #923
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-01-2019, 12:36 AM   #924
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

The world needs more people like Jordan Peterson.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #925
Grega

It does.
Its been a dark while for me of late. I tried to take my life and failed, thankfully. The outpouring of support from friends and (some) family has been amazing.

When you get in the low moments and you know the low moments I mean, at the time there is nothing that can make it better. People blame themselves for not having done enough or not reached out or not done this or not done that but truth be known when you are there it goes in one ear and out the other, you simply just don't hear it/ take it in.

My biggest (failing) was not wanting to talk to others and burden them with my problems.

Know that you are not a burden on anyone.

Quote:
Old 06-03-2019, 02:43 PM   #926
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Really good thread... will have helped a lot of people.

I'm 37. Born in 1981. My depression / anxiety is slightly different. Mine wasn't Brough on by a life event. I've had episodes when I was 9, 14, 17, 19 and a few smaller ones. I used to get feelings of nausea and couldn't eat... wouldn't sleep for days.... lose weight. I'd walk around at night... didn't know at the time but it was the "fight or flight" instinct kicking in. Mum took me to so many doctors until it was finally diagnosed correctly.

Dad had cancer and passed away 3 weeks before I came along.... so the general thought is the stress mum went through pasaed into me.

I was seeing a physchiatrist at age 9. Was in antidepressants and again at 14. Prozac for 6 months then Prozac and eventually Zoloft in January 1999. Had an episode again in 2001 and been on cipramil since.

The side effects I have from this aren't great. And tbh quite embarrassing.

What's the most natural thing that comes to humans? Sex and intercourse. I'm not able to have sex. Never been able to. Despite now coming off th m slowly and maintaining a reasonable diet and gym routine.... doesn't matter. End result is the same. Never works. I've given up now. Come to the realisation that there are so many people are worse off than me. I'm a bit slow... a bit cloudy but can hold down a job.

Luckily I have a very understanding partner.

Recently I'm down to half a tablet three tims a week... but I've given up trying to come off th m. Anxiety is a killer. Constantly worried that I'll be alone.... I have no friends now. I tried to keep in touch... but they did th marriage thing and have families of their own.

I only have my mum as my immediate family. She has plenty of friends and is quite sociable. I'm fairly quiet and don't like large crowds. So I have my partner and mum. What if I'm all alone? What would I do? Who'd want me?

Imagine meeting someone and having to tell them you have trouble having sex? This has haunted me all my life since I went onto cipramil.

Mum said to travel... join groups...

I don't drink or smoke.... I'm quiet and nice to people.

Depression and anxiety go hand in hand. Unlike some illness the symptoms can be so far spread between different people. It seems some people can recover from it... while others are living it every day. It's a horrible thing. The only good to come of it is that's it's more widely recognised and understood.

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
9 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2019, 05:11 PM   #927
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_BA2003 View Post
Really good thread... will have helped a lot of people.

I'm 37. Born in 1981. My depression / anxiety is slightly different. Mine wasn't Brough on by a life event. I've had episodes when I was 9, 14, 17, 19 and a few smaller ones. I used to get feelings of nausea and couldn't eat... wouldn't sleep for days.... lose weight. I'd walk around at night... didn't know at the time but it was the "fight or flight" instinct kicking in. Mum took me to so many doctors until it was finally diagnosed correctly.

Dad had cancer and passed away 3 weeks before I came along.... so the general thought is the stress mum went through pasaed into me.

I was seeing a physchiatrist at age 9. Was in antidepressants and again at 14. Prozac for 6 months then Prozac and eventually Zoloft in January 1999. Had an episode again in 2001 and been on cipramil since.

The side effects I have from this aren't great. And tbh quite embarrassing.

What's the most natural thing that comes to humans? Sex and intercourse. I'm not able to have sex. Never been able to. Despite now coming off th m slowly and maintaining a reasonable diet and gym routine.... doesn't matter. End result is the same. Never works. I've given up now. Come to the realisation that there are so many people are worse off than me. I'm a bit slow... a bit cloudy but can hold down a job.

Luckily I have a very understanding partner.

Recently I'm down to half a tablet three tims a week... but I've given up trying to come off th m. Anxiety is a killer. Constantly worried that I'll be alone.... I have no friends now. I tried to keep in touch... but they did th marriage thing and have families of their own.

I only have my mum as my immediate family. She has plenty of friends and is quite sociable. I'm fairly quiet and don't like large crowds. So I have my partner and mum. What if I'm all alone? What would I do? Who'd want me?

Imagine meeting someone and having to tell them you have trouble having sex? This has haunted me all my life since I went onto cipramil.

Mum said to travel... join groups...

I don't drink or smoke.... I'm quiet and nice to people.

Depression and anxiety go hand in hand. Unlike some illness the symptoms can be so far spread between different people. It seems some people can recover from it... while others are living it every day. It's a horrible thing. The only good to come of it is that's it's more widely recognised and understood.

You are not alone. I've been battling my anxiety since 2006. SSRI medication gives me the same problems.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
5 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2019, 07:44 PM   #928
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hang in there, brothers!
I have no experience with meds...maybe that;s good.....maybe not..

The main thing is to get help, which you've both (and many others here) have done.
Keep strong!
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2019, 08:08 PM   #929
Grega

i also suffer from ED being on Effexor. mate believe me you are absolutely not alone in that regard. alot of guys suffer from some form of erectile ****up they just don't talk about it - thats all.

mr_ba --> alot of the things you speak of I struggle with as well. i don't do big crowds (or if i do i limit my exposure) - i also struggle with light. to sleep i have to have pitch black. even a soft LED will keep me awake.

for someone who doesn't suffer from A&D its easy for them to say join groups travel etc - problem is it brings more anxiety - so not easily done.

the key with A&D is finding out what your triggers are. you'll find they will tie back to something thats happened in your life or a program you are running (eg : you mentioned the fight/flight bit) - its ****ing hard to figure this **** out because you will be blocking it out as hard as you can.

true story. i saw a psych a few months back and he ****ed me off royally with what he said at the time. in the space i am in now ; he was right. the thing that stuck with me the most is he said there is nothing wrong you with you, you don't need any pills to fix you. i figured out what he meant last week - pills don't fix a lonely & broken heart.

Quote:
6 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2019, 11:48 PM   #930
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grega View Post
i also suffer from ED being on Effexor. mate believe me you are absolutely not alone in that regard. alot of guys suffer from some form of erectile ****up they just don't talk about it - thats all.

mr_ba --> alot of the things you speak of I struggle with as well. i don't do big crowds (or if i do i limit my exposure) - i also struggle with light. to sleep i have to have pitch black. even a soft LED will keep me awake.

for someone who doesn't suffer from A&D its easy for them to say join groups travel etc - problem is it brings more anxiety - so not easily done.

the key with A&D is finding out what your triggers are. you'll find they will tie back to something thats happened in your life or a program you are running (eg : you mentioned the fight/flight bit) - its ****ing hard to figure this **** out because you will be blocking it out as hard as you can.

true story. i saw a psych a few months back and he ****ed me off royally with what he said at the time. in the space i am in now ; he was right. the thing that stuck with me the most is he said there is nothing wrong you with you, you don't need any pills to fix you. i figured out what he meant last week - pills don't fix a lonely & broken heart.
Effexor... god I forgot about that tablet. Was on it for 3 weeks in feb 2001.... had horrible, horrible side effects. Eventually went off it and switched over to my Cipramil but also Lithium - even though I am not bipolar... was to stop the episodes. Fun side effect of that is water retention, weight gain and thirsty all the time. Drinking 3 litres of milk and at least a liter of juice was an average day. Then there's the tiredness... which I still have but not as bad. I'd fall asleep at the wheel. Really bad.

I still need naps during the day sometimes. Gym exhausts me. Some people find it refreshing and gives them a boost.... I don't. I don't really get enjoyment but I don't want to go back to how I was.

Apart from the erectile dysfunction.... my brain is in a fog. It's not as bad now I'm on a lower dose.

I don't like being in places I can't get out of. Planes for example. I'm in Queensland and got through it without a Valium... don't mention boats.

Anxiety causes the brain to tick over. What ifs become a way of life. fear of being alone... it really just hasnt stopped the past few months. But I always think that there are people far worse. The erectile dysfunction part for me is the most annoying. From teenager to now... I don't want to sound graphic but what guy either straight or gay doesn't like oral. Me. I mean WTF. I don't get much out of it and it gets me down emotionally. I'm just so lucky I have an understanding partner.

But the reality is that it's probably cost me the chance of having a family. I tried with the ex wife. Didn't work. I kept this hidden for a long long time. My depression and anxiety, and the side effects. Now I figure that if someone comes across this thread in a day month or year, it might give them hope that they realise that they aren't alone.

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: