Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 06-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #31
RicOz

FYI.. I enquired about the price of a Mondeo Wagon Zetec over the weekend. RRP was $37,990 plus onroads.

Not too bad. Thats pretty much $1,000 for extra luggage, bluetooth and colour HMI display and crome window lining, compaired to the current MA Zetec Hatch at $36,990.
RicOz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #32
warren77

The only time I have been a passenger in my XR5 is when I am too drunk to drive and let the fiance drive. The key sits in my pocket.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #33
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
You just press the unlock button on the fob as usual to unlock the car.

Once your inside with the key in your pocket or anywhere else you wish, dip the clutch pedal and press start.

I think Apstar meant if you leave your car unlocked with a spare key hidden somewhere close by, anyone can start the car.

This is not the case, the key must be inside the car. Even an inch outside the car, it won't start.

Also you can leave the key-fob inside the car, and use the manual key to lock the doors via the door lock. The fob inside the car is now disabled, so even if someone breaks in they can't drive off. Once you use the key to re-open the car, its re-activated.

Handy when you go to the beach, you can just use the manual key and keep it in your board shorts without worrying about the fobs electronics.
Great explanation LRsedan thanks

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #34
Dusty1
Giddy up!

The keyless start does sound like the go now then.

That's what the forum is all about - ask the question, get the explanation. Excellent.

Good to see that the problems with the keyless start aren't appearing that much any more.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #35
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

GoAuto finally gets its facts right:

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...2575EC001DC35C
R-Design is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #36
Dusty1
Giddy up!

"The new Titanium hatch will cost $42,990 for the petrol model and $45,990 for the diesel."

That's not too bad. Way back in early November 07, my TCCi hatch with sunroof, bluetooth, and heated leather seats cost me $44K and some change. So at $46K with the updated display, standard bluetooth and sunroof, isn't a large increase.

It doesn't say that these are the drive away prices, so should we assume they are or aren't? Ford hasn't updated their pricing yet.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #37
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
It doesn't say that these are the drive away prices, so should we assume they are or aren't? Ford hasn't updated their pricing yet.
These definately NOT including onroads, I rang a few days ago to confirm price of the Zetec wagon.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #38
daz82
In the family since 1996

Correct, does not include ORC.

After a more recent update to the stupid pricing laws, It is my understanding that Car companies can advertise the non-driveaway price but dealers must advertise driveaway prices.
daz82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #39
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz82
Correct, does not include ORC.

After a more recent update to the stupid pricing laws, It is my understanding that Car companies can advertise the non-driveaway price but dealers must advertise driveaway prices.
This is crap because I have been quoted 3 different drive away prices from 3 dealers so far for the new Zetec Wagon.

$39,490, $41,000 and $42,000.

This industry is still as a lot of explaining to do.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #40
Crazed

Geeze, the Titanium has got excellent specs: collision warning, adaptive cruise, cornering headlights. Its probably the best value of the range, especially with its alacantra trim, sports suspension, sunroof.. and a lot of other things, wow.
Crazed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #41
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed
Geeze, the Titanium has got excellent specs: collision warning, adaptive cruise, cornering headlights. Its probably the best value of the range, especially with its alacantra trim, sports suspension, sunroof.. and a lot of other things, wow.
It leaves me thinking of the one that got away. Hopefully they'll add the Titanium Diesel Wagon soon.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #42
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicOz
These definately NOT including onroads, I rang a few days ago to confirm price of the Zetec wagon.
All of a sudden the Titanium hatch is looking like being close to $48K on the road. Getting up there now. Makes for a tough choice.

Anyone got any idea of the driveaway pricing? With an extra $1K for a wagon, I reckon I'd be sticking with the hatch.
Previous:
Old 09-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #43
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mondeo Zetec wagons in Stock this morning!

Will post some pic's when cleaned up!!

Cheers
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #44
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan

Cheers
Sweet. I've rung around dealers in Sydney and they only seem to be getting in Black or Silver. Do you know if there are many Frozen Whites coming in for Zetec Wagon?
Old 09-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #45
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 White ones in metro Sydney, Dale Ford (greenacre) and City Ford!

Cheers
Old 09-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #46
RicOz

Quote:
2 White ones in metro Sydney, Dale Ford (greenacre) and City Ford!

Cheers
Thanks heaps. Looking forward to some pics.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #47
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:

Cheers
I'm in Melbourne and will be looking to upgrade. Can you PM me the price for a Titanium petrol and TDCi? I need to start budgeting.

Thanks in advance. And I won't post the price, so your principal won't have to tear you a new one!
Previous:
Old 10-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #48
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

For those who haven’t noticed, the New Modeo brochure is available for download at ford.com.au

download an e-brochure
Old 10-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #49
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion
So if I am reading it correctly there are 4 spec levels - LX, Zetec, Titanium and XR5. LX and Zetec are available as a wagon. They have dropped the TDCi name, with diesel now an option on Zetec hatch and wagon and Titanium hatch. No wagon variant for Titanium or XR5. Simple....Oh, and no more sedan.
And simpler again, no more options. Bluetooth and Voice Control now standard across the range! Sunroof also standard now on XR5 and Titanium, with leather and roof deleted from Zetec - just get a Titanium :O)
Old 10-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #50
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
This is crap because I have been quoted 3 different drive away prices from 3 dealers so far for the new Zetec Wagon.

No it doesn't. That's competition. You don't want that removed.

The legislation is designed so that when you hear the price, you know it's Drive Away, or that they clearly state how much extra drive away is.

What you received is correct. Three drive away prices. All you need to do now is choose the Dealer that you prefer and drive off in your noew Mondeo!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #51
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
No it doesn't. That's competition. You don't want that removed.

The legislation is designed so that when you hear the price, you know it's Drive Away, or that they clearly state how much extra drive away is.

What you received is correct. Three drive away prices. All you need to do now is choose the Dealer that you prefer and drive off in your noew Mondeo!
Yes but I was only asking for RRP drive away. Surely they wouldn't give me a discounted quote over the phone.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #52
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Yes but I was only asking for RRP drive away. Surely they wouldn't give me a discounted quote over the phone.
Been a while since you called a Dealer then isn't it.

I once got a multiple $1,000 discount on a Territory without even giving them my name. Some of them do strange things.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #53
daz82
In the family since 1996

Quote:

You can be quoted as many prices as you like. The law is only meant for advertising.
daz82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #54
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
I'm in Melbourne and will be looking to upgrade. Can you PM me the price for a Titanium petrol and TDCi? I need to start budgeting.

Thanks in advance. And I won't post the price, so your principal won't have to tear you a new one!
I got cooked for posting FG pricing 15 minutes before Ford released it to the media, the guru's at Head office wern't impressed! :

PM sent!

Cheers
Old 13-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #55
RicOz

Hi phoonfan,

Did the wagons arrive last week? have you got any pics yet?
Old 13-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #56
warren77

Quote:
I got cooked for posting FG pricing 15 minutes before Ford released it to the media, the guru's at Head office wern't impressed! :

PM sent!

Cheers
*sigh*

Obviously the head guys don't understand the power of the web, bloggers, twitter and social media. If they were clever, they would be harnessing these new mediums instead of following the old school PR model.

Ok, rant over!
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #57
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$28,000 trade in on a new Mondeo Titanium for my TDCi leather seats,bluetooth just walked out of the showroom,anyone like to guess what they would resell it for?

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #58
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
$28,000 trade in on a new Mondeo Titanium for my TDCi leather seats,bluetooth just walked out of the showroom,anyone like to guess what they would resell it for?

apstar
Who what when?!?
Old 13-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #59
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From Cars Guide...Estimated Values Mondeo TDCI
Private price
Trade in value
Dealer price
Private price: Price for vehicles that are purchased from a private seller rather than a dealer. $24570-30030
Trade in value: The price you are offered when trading your vehicle at a dealership. $23300-27300
Dealer price: Price for vehicles that are purchased through a dealer. $32900-39480
Old 14-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #60
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Does anyone know if the USB allows the updated HMI to control an iPod?

Page 6 of the brochure says: plug your USB or MP3 player into the USB port, and see your favourite tracks appear on the car's dashboard display. To control the music, jsut operate the steering wheel toggles or issue voice commands...

Page 7 says: An auzillary jack is available on every Mondeo so you can plug your iPod or MP3 player and have it play through the car's audio system.

I take this to mean that the Titanium, Zetec and XR5, get the USB port, which allows for iPod integration and the LX does not. Jeez, the LX is really starting to look like the poverty pack sales rep special.
Previous: