Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 09-03-2006, 09:53 PM   #1
Matt P
No Boundries

Default Motor PCOTY

Hi all if you get a chance pick up the april issue of motor as the mighty blown 6's sweep the pool in the Aussie leg of pcoty. Sorry to all the bent eight owners but it was turbo sixes 1st to the typhoon auto 2nd to the xr6t man 3rd to the xr6t auto keeping the dreaded lions off the podium. Its worth a look for a good read and some great side ways shots especially the red GT and blue turbo.

Matt P is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
Falconoath
Starter Motor

As much as I would like an 8 my 6 will do me for many years. Not in the class of the xr6t's or Typhoons but thats something to aspire to. Haven't seen the article yet but undoubtedly my son will purchase & read from cover to cover.
Falconoath is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Matt, Did we expect anything else?

Good to see the fords getting in the fun!

I have to ask, holden ditched the turbo after the VL (I know it was a nissan motor) but do you think ford will drop the turbo as well after a few years?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:48 PM   #4
Matt P
No Boundries

I can't see it happening it has been to much of a success I have a feeling it is here to stay. But in saying that Ford did drop the laser what were they thinking there?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #5
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt P
Sorry to all the bent eight owners but it was turbo sixes 1st to the typhoon auto 2nd to the xr6t man 3rd to the xr6t auto keeping the dreaded lions off the podium.
How good is that, Ford 1, 2 & 3. GMH must be spewing. As for being sorry for us V8 owners, Who would like to have a small bet with me to make things a little more interesting on april 22nd (next morgan park meet).....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 11:43 PM   #6
Matt P
No Boundries

Hey Jabba are you betting you will beat me or the mighty sixes will beat the eights cause I can guarantee you will beat me. My stock turbo and suspention will not come close to your ebony beast with a truck load more coin spent on it. Give me 5k to spend and ill give you a run for your money.
Old 14-03-2006, 07:37 AM   #7
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I betting the 8's are going to white wash the 6's and I have fixed a target on Lion Tamer's fastest lap, which I intend on smashing. By the way I have not spent 5g to get it to go as quick as it does (237 rwkw). I just love driving fast through corners, And my straight line speed is know were near that of a modded T/F6. So I have to drive smart and catch them under Brakes and through the corners.....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 14-03-2006, 07:55 AM   #8
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
......do you think ford will drop the turbo as well after a few years?
Very unlikely. Ford were originally expecting to sell 3,000 turbos per year. They are selling almost twice as many as planned.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #9
Stampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
Very unlikely. Ford were originally expecting to sell 3,000 turbos per year. They are selling almost twice as many as planned.

FF

Only 3000 ,that was low a expectations
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #10
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconoath
Haven't seen the article yet but undoubtedly my son will purchase & read from cover to cover.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=40363

There might be a bit more info there ^^ if you're interested...
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 07:51 PM   #11
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford would be mad if they dropped the turbo. There turbo version's of Falcon, FPV and Now the Terri are the best cars that ford/FPV produce......

11.91 @ 117mph Vid