Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 04-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
thearrow

Default Where is everybody ???????

Goodness me where has everybody gone our thread has slipped off the edge of this forum and into cyberspace. :jab:

I will have new pics of my car soon as there have been a few modifications that you might find interesting.

Apart from that had a 100K service recently new plugs/leads and my CAT is going really well now.

Happy motoring everybody.......... and don't be a stranger.

thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2008, 02:08 AM   #2
Petal

I was thinking the same thing just the other day!

I work as an accountant for a manufacturing co & so with end of financial year have been flat out. I try & grab 5 minutes at the end of the day to see what everyone has been up to, I guess not much.

Look forward to hearing from you all again. Dave, can't wait to see what mods you have done.
Petal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Guys I'm still around but I've gotta say it's a sad state of affairs cos I'm just up to my eyeballs in bills and bills, if it's not that, then I'm filling in forms and stuff and it's just not been fun in my world lately.

The car just gets driven to and from work, I hardly appreciate it, I wash it based on necessity... feels like all the mojo's gone :(

With the All Ford Day coming up, I'm in, is anyone else coming along? The EuroFordClub will be putting up a display and it's a fun day out...

Dave, I look forward to seeing your photos!

Dan
Old 22-07-2008, 09:08 AM   #4
MTL10N
red kitty kat

hello all,

Me still around as well. Have hardly had time to post something worth reading, although have briefly checked in sporadically of late. Agree that our thread has become almost inactive. Same ol’ same ol’ with my kitty. Still choking/minor ailments here and there. Just trying to muster the initiative on weekends to do something about it.

I can relate Dan. Car is solely to and fro station for work. Weekends just sits there becoming more spotty with god knows how thick dust layers. It becomes increasingly annoying after a good wash; it drizzles a few days after, turning the cougar into a cheetah. So now a treatment to car lovers frequents once every couple months, if that.

Maybe to get things kicking off again…for those who are not familiar with the rest of the kitty gang, myself included, how about we briefly mention something from our backgrounds…for eg occupation/location, family/status and a couple of interesting things we do for leisure and/or have done recently. Interesting trivia about your kitty always welcomed as well.

I’ll get the ball rolling. Hi. I’m Tony. I’m in my mid 20’s. I used to be a cougar addict but now my days are filled with the incessant anticipation of quiet weekends with just vegging out, which means eating, sleeping, drinking, more sleeping, movies, more eating and drinking and somewhere in between I manage to keep my gf occupied enough for her to hang around.

To earn my share, I’m an engineer for a consultancy in Nth Syd. Us sh1tkickers in the company are a dime a dozen so they squeeze the life out of us as early as possible to make the big bucks for the higher echelons. I’m in the field of traffic and transport, where I tell everyone I count cars for a living, which everyone naturally presumes anyway.

For fun…hhhmm…I have almost forgotten the very definition of it. Although I did just attend WYD out at Randwick…for work purposes! Can’t complain about getting in for free and scoring a pilgrim snack pack and taking lots of snaps. So apart from that…nothing else overly joyous to report on my end.

Look forward to everyone’s response.

Cheers. Tony.
MTL10N is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
thearrow

Guys, I keep trying to post my pics but the system keeps telling me they are to large.Is there a way around this???
Old 22-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

www.photobucket.com

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #7
thearrow

Default Modification No: 1

Thanks for the tip & hopefully this will work.

I think it gives the car a much "cleaner" look.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n...4/P7190024.jpg

and also

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n...4/P7190025.jpg
Old 22-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #8
thearrow

Stupid me - smoked side markers from the UK.

What do you think???
Old 22-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #9
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearrow
Stupid me - smoked side markers from the UK.

What do you think???
Excellent choice Dave! Exactly what I would have done if I bought an SW Cougar Did you change the bulbs as well?

Tony, I like your idea of a re-introduction of the Aussie Cougar members... I'll put mine up when I get some time :P hehehehehehehe.

Now, about the All Ford Day - is anyone interested in putting their Cougar on display with the EFC?

Dan
Old 22-07-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
Dadowiz
Cat Lover

Default Allow me to introduce myself

Hi everyone,
Since it looks like we are tying to rejuvinate this forum, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Greg, I am a 30 yo male (obviously), 3 kids and a Cougar owner. I have a 2001 Blue MTX Cougar. I live in Blacktown NSW. I am the National Sales Manager for Fox Sports, ummm.... Oh yeah I love my Cougar.

Did I mention I have a Cougar, if not then... I have a Cougar.

That will be all.

Greg
Dadowiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2008, 12:13 AM   #11
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Hi All, my name's Dan, I'm 25 and the Cougar is my third car. I live near Blacktown, NSW (and near Greg it seems!) and work at Richmond in an IT related job which is fun. The Cougar is used driving to and from work each day, and unfortunately gets neglected in the car park cos there's pollen out there which cakes onto the paint like you wouldn't believe. Of course the car is Ebony Black, so not the best environment, but what can you do!?

I used to be a big car freak, but lately my interests have been of the aviation kind, so the share of money that would go into modding cars now goes to allowing myself to fly every once in a while. But the car project is by no means finished, or forgotten.

I was a massively obsessed Cougar fan leading up to ownership of my car. I researched everything online, bought brochures from all of the Cougar's markets around the world, even have German brochures I can't read or understand! My history with my Cougar goes back even before I purchased her as we had many random encounters during 2004/2005 prior to driving her out of the caryard in Five Dock.

The Cougar has a completely updated in-car entertainment system including Kenwood Screen and 10 Disc stacker (replacing the factory unit and stacker), Boston Acoustic speakers in the cabin and a Rockford Sub and Amp in the boot. I changed the side markers for crystal clear ones to match the 01's headlights, installed a B&M short shifter and put in a K&N Panel Filter originally. After lowering the car with Pedders springs, I've also replaced the Panel Filter (CougarBoy now has this) and put in a K&N AirCharger Pod kit, enlarged the rims to 19" in chrome wrapped in Dunlop tyres. Upgraded my brake rotors for some cross drilled discs from Canada, upgraded the front brake hoses to Goodridge steel lines, of course there's also the Wings West 4 piece bodykit for the US 01 models, with the rear valence slightly modified to fit the Euro rear, Eibach/Visteon spoiler replaces the standard one I originally had (and pcperfection now wears on his car!). Last and most recent update to the car is the electric sunroof by Hollandia/Webasto.

There are some other minor mods about the place, but that's the main stuff I could think of. I first got to show off the Cougar at NSW All Ford Day '05, and have been at each one since. It won the EFC Award for Best Cougar in 2007 (no awards in '05, and Mark won in '06) as well as the RSOC Best Cougar/Mondeo Award at VIC's Small Ford Sunday '08. She's appeared in Street Fords magazine (Issue 26) with the EFC and Mark (pcperfection)'s Cougar, and Performance Ford Magazine (Volume 8 Ed 3) in the 'On The Street' section. She also got mention in PFM for attendance at Small Ford Sunday '08. She's also in the NECO 2008 Calendar displaying for the month of November.

Still to do, powerchip maybe? Exhaust definitely, update the shocks too... Whatever else comes, but probably not much because she looks great now!

Here are some photos of my Cougar.

When I first got her back in mid 2005

After the bodykit went on in mid 2006

After the rims in 2007 - this is the shot that made the NECO 2008 Calendar, and damn I'm glad I bought a cheap shorty antenna cos the standard one is looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong!

Recent trip to Bathurst in 2008

Dan
Old 23-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #12
MTL10N
red kitty kat

*drools@pics*

Homer sez: "hhhmmmm...black kitty kat"
MTL10N is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #13
thearrow

Smile Modification No.2

My name is David and I have owned my cat for about three years now and you know every morning when I walk out of my house and look at her I say to myself "self look at what you get to drive today".

Mine is an ATX 2000 Eibach one of only 100 ever made.

About me?? I am a 54 year old self employed customs broker just trying to do my best. Married two kids (boy 17 & girl 14) live in Kogarah and work at Mascot.

Modification No.2

This is an SVT Upper Intake Manifold & Throttle Body off an American Contour.

I already had the K&N air filter.

I had this fitted at my 100K service along with new plugs & leads (you can see how clean they look) and boy oh boy it has made a significant difference. Now when I "LIGHT IT UP" it pulls away from the line fast and hard unlike before when it used to get bogged down trying to get all the weight moving.

Economy is still OK just over 13L/100km in traffic but on Southern Cross drive @ 80kmh I have had it down to under 6L/100k, now I know the read out is notoriously inaccurate but still good never the less.

It took a while for the electronics to adjust (a whole tank of petrol) but it is going great now.

The only problem now is that the cruise control doesn't work as the set up on the throttle body is completely different but this is fixable with a modified cable I am trying to scrounge from the guys at NECO.

It still looks a bit grubby because I haven't had a chance to clean it up since the install but will do this the next time I clean the whole car.

Next step is short ram cold air intake which will give a bit better performance again.

:
Old 24-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #14
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Hey all, i've been busy like Dan too. Bit of chaos running snow trips with the squad and working fulltime. Anyway, here's a quick intro for those who are new and don't know me.

My name's George. Live in Templestowe, VIC. Had my kitty now for almost 2 years. Love her to death. No serious mods apart from air filter and soon to be installed exhaust and chip (finally have cash!)

and here are some photos

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #15
thearrow

Cougay-Boy if I was you before I would do anything about a new exhaust I would get a price from here.

http://www.trubendz.com/home.asp

They are acknowleged by all the Cougar guys in the states as supplying the best product. I think you will also find they are a fraction of the cost of getting a custom exhaust made here. They will supply the whole kit and all you have to do is find someone to install it which shouldn't be hard.

Let us know how you get on.
Old 26-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #16
Petal

Hi Guys,

Glad to see everyone is alive & well.

Following Tony's suggestion to re-introduce ourselves:

My name is Melissa, I'm married with 3 daughters (22, 19 & 12), live in Prestons NSW & work as an accountant for a manufacturing co based at Sydney Olympic Park. I am also currently upgrading my qualifications by undertaking postgraduate studies for a Master of Commerce degree in my spare time (ha!).

Apparently I am the only female cougar owner on this forum. Mine is a Silver Frost 99 SW MTX & it only gets driven to & from work via the M5 carpark. I haven't made any mods to it & don't intend to - I'm happy with it just the way it is. I was toying with the idea of adding a body kit but decided to leave it just the way Ford intended.

Keep Smiling :eclipsee_
Petal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #17
TheCougar
Lovin Life

hey all, My name is Jesse im 19 and have had my cougar scince last november, i live in the Blue Mountains, got a 01 laser red sx. Just had my 105,000K service which cost me a pretty penny, $480 for the service which included flushing the coolant and break fluid and replacing. Im now up for new leads and plugs and a gasket for my rocket cover (somthing like that) which will come to the total of around $800. Its funny she has never missfired or played up once scince owning her and the day after her serviced she starts playing up, ford says its a coincidence its not their fault. so all the money i had to get her lowered is now gone. Ive got a set of Cf 18's on, modified my headlights by installing demon eyes and painted them laser red, new exhaust - dual cannons. soon to upgrade to a Short ram intake instead of stock panel filter. here's a few pics

Old 27-07-2008, 12:58 AM   #18
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Jesse, do you get your car serviced at a Ford dealership? If yes, is it Sinclair Ford at Penrith?

That's where mine gets serviced, and is going in on Monday for her 105,000 and end of extended warranty checkup. I'll have to make a list of things to look out for it seems cos I don't want to get pinged $800 after the warranty's expired!

Dan
Old 27-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #19
TheCougar
Lovin Life

hey mate yeah i take her to sinclair ford, Its probly just a coincidence but ive been told its pretty much just apprentices working on the cars half the time. goodluck! lol

Jesse
Old 27-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #20
pcperfection
Cougar

I just done the plugs - leads - 2weeks ago, still have the fuel & oil filters to do,I got them online - Autolite plugs and
everything else Motorcraft, was $165 there abouts and I think $40+ of that was delivery, took about 40min to change
the plugs and leads, plugs & leads aren't that hard, if I can do it then most anyone can, nearly died when I saw the state of the removed plugs.

Cheers
Mark
pcperfection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2008, 10:35 PM   #21
TheCougar
Lovin Life

Hey Mark, can u walk me threw how to order the plugs and leads in i looked on the sites but i couldnt work it out, Do you have the product codes?
Old 27-07-2008, 11:54 PM   #22
pcperfection
Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCougar
Hey Mark, can u walk me threw how to order the plugs and leads in i looked on the sites but i couldnt work it out, Do you have the product codes?
Sure can, get the parts from here
Plugs you will need AUTOLITE Part # 764, I got 2 packs of 4, leads MOTORCRAFT Part # WR5692 {#F5PZ12259JA, oil filter MOTORCRAFT Part # FL820S {#F1AZ6731BD, Fuel Filter MOTORCRAFT Part # FG800A {#E7DZ9155A, MCFFG800A and you can pay via PayPal, parts arrived in within 7 days.
HTH
Mark
Old 28-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #23
thearrow

Boys (and Girls) I would never take any car I ever owned past, present or future (unless I absolutely had to) to a car dealer.

Dealers in IMHO are the absolute last resort in car maintenance.

Jesse for what you describe I can only say one thing "RIP OFF" get a second opinion and i think you will be surprised.

You should ask friends,relo's & work mates to recommend someone and take it from there as the old saying goes, "when you find a good tradesman stick to him like glue".

Mark good to see I have converted you to Rockauto as it is a really good service and I recommend them to anybody for this type of consummable spares.What I do now is import them myself and my mechanic installs them for me.A very easy to follow web site and reliable delivery.

Dan your car looks really way cool as always.

When are we going to have our own Cougarfest??? I know we have kicked this around before but maybe something at either end of the M5 would be the go.

What does everybody think???
Old 29-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #24
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Got the car back from service yesterday. Clean bill of health except for the coolant which required flushing and replacing. Car runs smoother now.

I'd normally agree with you Dave about not taking a car to a dealership, but I purchased an Extended Warranty for the car, and it required that Ford service the car. It more than paid for itself too after I went through two door actuators (worth $600 a piece), plus all the other electrical dramas etc. Paying $1000 for that warranty was worth it.

The other reason for going to Sinclair Ford for me is family loyalty as Dad's GT-P and Mum's Focus are also serviced there, and whilst they may be a Ford genuine ripoff, we know the people there.

Unfortunately when it comes to other tradesmen who do services, they're not much help when it comes to Cougars.

- - - - - -

Cougarfest? Well, we have quite a few NSW members now, so maybe it deserves a new thread and enough people to get enthusiastic about doing something and I think we could start with the NSW members getting together, introducing ourselves to those we haven't met and just drool over each others cars as I've only seen Mark's and Dave's up close (oh, and George's down in VIC!)

The hard part as always is finding a time when everyone's available, but my weekends are usually flexible to a point.

Dan
Old 29-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #25
pcperfection
Cougar

Anyone thinking of ordering parts from RockAuto before the 12th Aug I have a discount code that I won't be using, not sure on the amount of the discount, suppose it will depend on what you purchase and there mark up on the item, PM me if you want the code.

Cheers
Mark
Old 30-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #26
STANG_V6
Formerly FTE666

Hey guys, my name is Alex i'm 21 and i work as a mechanic for Greg Crick Honda in Launceston. my kitty is 2000 Ford Cougar Eibach (MTX) in Laser red with a leather interior. i have added a BMC panel filter, and have a full set of 4 DBA Slotted rotors too go on. was looking at D&T exhausts for their cougar system and some extractors. SVT manifold if i can get a hold of one and a flash tune or chip.

Hers - 2002 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0L V6, 5-speed man, Blue, all options
STANG_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #27
thearrow

Alex, welcome aboard. :

I think you are our first and only Tasmanian.

What price were you quoted for your exhaust??
Old 31-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #28
STANG_V6
Formerly FTE666

$1300 for the cat back system (stainless steel) and $1400 for stainless headers.

Check the system out here: http://www.dtperformance.com.au/index2.htm then go too the bottom of the page where it says, access old website and click on that, then scroll too the bottom of that page and click on systems..then Ford..then Cougar!

Hers - 2002 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0L V6, 5-speed man, Blue, all options
STANG_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #29
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

...better still. Go here: http://www.dtperformance.com.au/oldsite/cougarpage.htm

I think Angelo (professorSabre) has this exhaust system. Not sure how it sounds though. But it's a nice piece of work.

Dan
Old 31-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #30
professorsabre
NECO

Yep I've got the D&T headers and exhaust. It is a nice piece of work, sounds and performs well. I'm happy with it.
Oh and yes I'm still around. The only SA Cougar owner on board.
professorsabre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post