Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 13-02-2006, 11:47 PM   #31
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Its all about the bulge Kerri - all about the BULGE :

Once you have had bulge, you can't go back - TRUST ME :

Yes my gorgeous pit crew is already on to it and the ute will be shiny and beautiful on Sunday... will still be running on 3 X19's + 1 X 18 but hot all the same!

ohhhhhhhh so leaving that alone... (the bulge!!!) :monkes:

well arent you the lucky one.. I have to clean my own :(
not sure if I can make Saturday night as yet either ... :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 09:33 AM   #32
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Ahem Kerri - Saturday night is compulsory... no ifs or buts ing_sm
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 09:40 AM   #33
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ahem Kerri - Saturday night is compulsory... no ifs or buts ing_sm
ohhhhhhh I see!!!! How silly of me to not realise that then eh :thebirds:
Old 14-02-2006, 10:17 AM   #34
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OOOKKKKK so i guess it must be time to pop my head up in here.....Drew Mate buddy Pal, the Powerful 6 is an elite club "power out of a v8 i hear you say" any monkey with a bottle of beer can do that!!! LOL....Gotta love that amazing feeling you get when you hose a V8 ahhhhhh i'm having flashbacks now... me a set of street lights a ss povadore....the pricless part was pullling up next to them winding down the window and saying "Is that an 8?" to which to heavily defeated povadore driver replies with a quiver in there voice "yes" and i get to say "you must be dissapointed for this is a XR6"....Now Drew wouldnt you love a moment like that.....The eight beating a Six i'm sorry just isnt impressive an 8 beating an 8 nahh doesnt do it either gotta be a 6 mate all the way theres a certain pride and balance to the world....
If an 8 beats an 8 does anybody hear?
Sits back waiting to bask in the warm glow of flamidge......

Lissa

Last edited by rob_liss_lms10; 14-02-2006 at 10:17 AM. Reason: cause i could
rob_liss_lms10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 10:42 AM   #35
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
OOOKKKKK so i guess it must be time to pop my head up in here.....Drew Mate buddy Pal, the Powerful 6 is an elite club "power out of a v8 i hear you say" any monkey with a bottle of beer can do that!!! LOL....Gotta love that amazing feeling you get when you hose a V8 ahhhhhh i'm having flashbacks now... me a set of street lights a ss povadore....the pricless part was pullling up next to them winding down the window and saying "Is that an 8?" to which to heavily defeated povadore driver replies with a quiver in there voice "yes" and i get to say "you must be dissapointed for this is a XR6"....Now Drew wouldnt you love a moment like that.....The eight beating a Six i'm sorry just isnt impressive an 8 beating an 8 nahh doesnt do it either gotta be a 6 mate all the way theres a certain pride and balance to the world....

Lissa
I know the feeling, but my situation I was in a budgetdore sandwich, SS on one side and S on the other. The S put up a better fight than the SS. and same thing the dumbadore said "is that a 6?" (With a smile on my face) "It sure is" I replied.

I’m sure my 6 will be as fast as the GT on the 1/4 mile, however it’s the whole package I’m looking for. A car that is in physical better condition, much less kms (as my car clocked over 240,000 the other night : ), the GT has a better interior, will hold value longer and its standard. I really don’t care if it is a 6 or an 8 as long as it’s full of FORD goodies and will turn heads that’s all I need.

I will miss smoking the unsuspecting V8 driver in a fine 6, but I don’t see it as a downgrade.
Plus ill be able to drive yours!!!! :
Old 14-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #36
Penelope Pitstop

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

and you need to get away from all those icky spiders Drew.... I have only seen spiders on 2 cars and funnily enough both were 6's. I guess its because they can't build webs on 8's because they are so fast they would just fly off on the 6's however they seem to be able to set up shop permanently. :Up_to_som :evil_laug
Old 14-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #37
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:

Lissa

That is truly priceless! I think I will stick to my eight, that way I am the victor more often than the odd win that the 6 pots get (haven't had a NA6 beat me yet, stock turbos are easy and can't wait to line up against a phoon). Plus I do it with the soul of a V8 exhaust note and some killer induction sound, 6 does not = 8 when it comes to soul. Nothing finer than turning the key in the morning and hearing the 8 piece symphony fire up, makes you actually want to drive to work. Good thing I have this pleasure as I have to drive so bloody far at the moment.
Drew, satisfy your envy and get the 8, remember we did win MP last time and we will again!
Old 14-02-2006, 11:15 AM   #38
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
That is truly priceless! I think I will stick to my eight, that way I am the victor more often than the odd win that the 6 pots get (haven't had a NA6 beat me yet, stock turbos are easy and can't wait to line up against a phoon). Plus I do it with the soul of a V8 exhaust note and some killer induction sound, 6 does not = 8 when it comes to soul. Nothing finer than turning the key in the morning and hearing the 8 piece symphony fire up, makes you actually want to drive to work. Good thing I have this pleasure as I have to drive so bloody far at the moment.
Drew, satisfy your envy and get the 8, remember we did win MP last time and we will again!

Well all know Tori lending me the GT for a week was the end of me. Pushing the starter button (so I had to install one in my XR) I know what you mean about the 8 piece orchestra operating in synergy.
my car now has about 450nm of torque which I’m pretty sure (correct me if I’m wrong) more than the XR8 and maybe the GT? (E series)

Ill feel like I’m cheating if I buy it and have the desire to make some BA 8's look quite silly in my 6. I just love the comment I have as my signature.

Fiery, you can buy my car and i can still race it at morgan park for the 6's trophy! oh and the skid day would be sweet for my sissy six.
Old 14-02-2006, 11:18 AM   #39
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
and you need to get away from all those icky spiders Drew.... I have only seen spiders on 2 cars and funnily enough both were 6's. I guess its because they can't build webs on 8's because they are so fast they would just fly off on the 6's however they seem to be able to set up shop permanently. :Up_to_som :evil_laug

You shouldnt pay out on the power of spiders, just remember the one that was on your leg? : :

yeah that will tech you. :
Old 14-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #40
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Young Gecko I think you have missed my point.........Being a six person i was mearly commenting that it is extremely sweet to hose an 8, even you would have to agree that being beaten by a 6 ( although i'm sure this has never happened to you) would be rather demeaning, and sweet as for the 6 driver. Even you would have to admit that a powerful 6 is an impressive thing and if and when it beats an 8 you just have to admire the mechanics of the whole thing... and yes i do get the whole sound thing (obviously cause you've heard my car) but i hate to say that most modern day V8's just dont have that grumble anymore like the old 351's . Eights are expected to be powerful but get a quick six and everyone is impressed.. so there *pokes out tounge and runs away*

Last edited by rob_liss_lms10; 14-02-2006 at 12:00 PM. Reason: thought of something witty
rob_liss_lms10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #41
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Eights are expected to be powerful but get a quick six and everyone is impressed.. so there *pokes out tounge and runs away*
When will you learn? : You may run but I will catch you, you know my jazzed up XT can : . I have to admit that your car has a sweet sound for a six pot and the shaker gives it a cool induction sound. I would still dust you off though :
Old 14-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #42
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Fiery, you can buy my car and i can still race it at morgan park for the 6's trophy! oh and the skid day would be sweet for my sissy six.
Well sweety I don't particularly like spiders either so NO, I won't be looking at buying your beast from you !!!
If I was going to do that I would seriously just keep my car and make it go 'quick' -- apparently its all about the go fast bits :
Old 14-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #43
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Well sweety I don't particularly like spiders either

I have something that will fix the spider problem! Gecko's eat spiders :hihi:
Old 14-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #44
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
. I would still dust you off though :

No doubt there :( but as long as i can beat povadores I'm happy :1syellow1
Old 14-02-2006, 02:26 PM   #45
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have something that will fix the spider problem! Gecko's eat spiders :hihi:

yes but the gecko is going to isn't it???????
See you all just don't really love your cars enough :the_finge :evil_laug :Up_to_som

: :
on a happy note. my arm looks awesome now and booked in for the next pic end of the week
Old 14-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #46
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
See you all just don't really love your cars enough
You can talk, you are looking at a new car too. The next time we go up to the track, the gecko will be hunting some spiders.

Drew, don't mess around. Go the GT, they are a sexy beast with more than enough go and lots of creature comforts to boot.
Old 14-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #47
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You can talk, you are looking at a new car too. The next time we go up to the track, the gecko will be hunting some spiders.
Yes I am looking at a newer car.. but with an exception.......
I am not getting rid of my baby..... she is going to have a rest but not parted with :nutsycuck : :P :rolleyes:
Old 14-02-2006, 08:38 PM   #48
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
When will you learn? : You may run but I will catch you, you know my jazzed up XT can : . I have to admit that your car has a sweet sound for a six pot and the shaker gives it a cool induction sound. I would still dust you off though :
tis one thing to go fast in a straight line,but you have to carry all that speed around corners.Am sooooo looking forward to Morgan park. :jab:

Do what you you you want Drew,is your car so you have to live with it,be a shame though to spend all that money on a car that is slower than the one you have now,and with all that v8 weight it may not corner so well.
Old 15-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #49
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Well I went to talk turkey with the salesman yesterday to get this GT and they had already put a contract on it with pending finance. So I was a little cheesed off. Then as I had my camera I asked if I could take a few snaps of it and he said sure.

We go out to where it was being held (they were repairing the front bar)
Opened the door for a few quick shots when a rude punk came over slammed the doors and locked it, not even a word by him just a rude apprentice style of kid. So that gave me the craps.

So here are some pics of it and I hope the new owner of build no 71 liked his door as this kid slammed it pretty hard. I could have been the new owner for all he knows. : :

So I won’t be going to Q Ford again at springwood.

Wouldnt you put dirty parts in the boot instead of the perfect back seat?

Old 15-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #50
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wont it be funny if the new owner is a member of AFF or happens to join afterwards and sees those things on his back seat

Oh well Drew, the right car will come along mate... be patient _2:
Old 15-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #51
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Gecko, reading through the posts, I noticed one of your comments "Cant wait to line up against a Phoon". All I can say is "bring it on baby". Oh and by the way, Rob can ride with me. HEHE.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 04:47 PM   #52
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoon
Gecko, reading through the posts, I noticed one of your comments "Cant wait to line up against a Phoon". All I can say is "bring it on baby". Oh and by the way, Rob can ride with me. HEHE.
OOOO Phoon i was hoping that you would pop up in here, we will call you "The Great Six Hope" woooooooooooohoooooooooo lol...... Morgan Park you HAVE to be there or else ummmmm ooooo ummmm idle threats probably mean nothing to you sooooo Please? will that do lol
:1syellow1
Lissa
Old 15-02-2006, 06:10 PM   #53
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Quote:
OOOO Phoon i was hoping that you would pop up in here, we will call you "The Great Six Hope" woooooooooooohoooooooooo lol...... Morgan Park you HAVE to be there or else ummmmm ooooo ummmm idle threats probably mean nothing to you sooooo Please? will that do lol
:1syellow1
Lissa
Hey Lissa, I had no intentions of going to Morgan Park, but I have to find a helmet from somewhere now and go, only if its to paste a few of these ИИИИy 8's. Plus all the 8 boys seem to like stirring up Rob, and us 6 boys have to help each other out. Make sure you bring a needle and thread with you so we can sew a few mouths shut LOL
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 10:46 PM   #54
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey Lissa, I had no intentions of going to Morgan Park, but I have to find a helmet from somewhere now and go, only if its to paste a few of these ИИИИy 8's. Plus all the 8 boys seem to like stirring up Rob, and us 6 boys have to help each other out. Make sure you bring a needle and thread with you so we can sew a few mouths shut LOL
I hope you have a lot of thread,,,, apparently I have a big mouth, and I enjoyed hosing off ALL the F6's........ Hehehe

Now how the heck did this turn into another morgan park thread again....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #55
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Mr Phoon
If you refer to my post I was talking about stock phoons, considering you have 306rwkw, I very much doubt you have a stock phoon. Being fair, I will line up against you when I have a BOSS that has the same dollar value spent on it as you have on your phoon, it is only fair after all (now that will be fun). My boss has about $4000 spent on actual go fast bits, I dare say that is not a shadow on what you have spent.
I drove a stock phoon (BF Auto 6spd) the other day and I assure you that my baby (XR8 Auto 4spd) would hose it, a worked phoon is a different story.

Before you all pipe up about stock car against a worked one, mine is an XR and is therefore about $15000 cheaper. Besides that, my original comparison was against stock turbo's.

Anyway, you ladies lost last time and you will again, so warm up your hairdryers because you ladies are going to eat some more humble pie.
Old 16-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #56
Penelope Pitstop

Quote:
Before you all pipe up about stock car against a worked one, mine is an XR and is therefore about $15000 cheaper. Besides that, my original comparison was against stock turbo's.
XR? Really? I could have sworn Rob told me yours was an XT... but then again we only saw it from the back... :gren: :
Old 16-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #57
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Well I went to talk turkey with the salesman yesterday to get this GT and they had already put a contract on it with pending finance. So I was a little cheesed off. Then as I had my camera I asked if I could take a few snaps of it and he said sure.

We go out to where it was being held (they were repairing the front bar)
Opened the door for a few quick shots when a rude punk came over slammed the doors and locked it, not even a word by him just a rude apprentice style of kid. So that gave me the craps.

So here are some pics of it and I hope the new owner of build no 71 liked his door as this kid slammed it pretty hard. I could have been the new owner for all he knows. : :

So I won’t be going to Q Ford again at springwood.

Wouldnt you put dirty parts in the boot instead of the perfect back seat?

Geez Drew, another one has slipped through your fingers. Keep hunting buddy its half the fun. Sad to see an ELGT being mistreated like that, though its just another car in the yard to most dealers.

Lets keep the thread on topic and save the squabbling for the Morgan Park weekend.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #58
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Yeah thanks Noddy, your right about seaching and its half the fun! I will keep my ear to the ground for one but if I cant get one in the right price range, I know where a great BA XT (:dr_Evil: its one unique XT!!!! :nutsycuck ) might be for sale soon so I might keep my dollars and cents for that.
Old 16-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #59
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Classic Guy's. The fact is Tori thumped me on the 1/4. It was very close, But a win is a win and I lost..

Drew, How much was that EL GT?... Would you consider a AU Xr8 2000 or 2002(i cant remember)60-70 tho klm for 17grand. Price negotiable.....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #60
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Anymore useless off topic posts will can Drews thread. Its simple, keep posts on topic.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post