Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-01-2015, 11:27 PM   #781
335POWER
formerly Troy23

Default Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylandsman View Post
was yours his 'last one'. ready in 4-5 months time.
the bloke at the other sa ford dealership laughed and scoffed when I told him about the guarantee. one day 500 neck minute 1000.

Yep mine was his "last one" for this allocation they had. Ready in may-June

Mods: Pacemaker competition headers, hi flow cat, x-force cat back exhaust, K&N air filter, Kings SSSL springs, Herrod CAI, Powerbond under drive, XR6T injectors[B]
335POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #782
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

Maylandsdweller
If you are dealing with Pash...goodluck
more spin than a pollie
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2015, 12:27 AM   #783
maylandsman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redm View Post
G'day fella's, time for my first post.

I'm "that" fella and said to the dealer today that I would consider an auto if there were no manuals available at all.

maylandsman if my manual comes through I won't be swapping, I can wait.

All I want to know from Ford is if I have an allocation, sadly Ford seem to be playing games with us.

Mick
G'day Mick,

I would not expect otherwise that you would be keeping your manual.
Yes it was 'consider' more or less I jump in your boat and you jump in mine which has the surety of a car coming. I really hope you get it and would urge you to call Ford direct and ask them what is happening. I know the guys at Gero Ford are doing their best and are above board. They have been great.

I reckon it sucks that I am in front of you, it should not be happening. I know what you mean by can't wait. For mine it is absurd that you can order a car in October and be left in limbo that you might get one, maybe in 2016 or not at all. What vibes are you getting from the dealership? Good luck mate and hope we pass each other on the road in our roaring v8s around Gero/Kalbarri.

HO3 (mick) The bloke at SA Port Adelaide Ford told me dealers would take your deposit and tell you later that they cannot get you one. His opinion (and I am not buying of him) was to keep the auto as it is very unlikely I would get another one, no matter where I order. People are depositing as they are being told this is how you ensure you are in the line/order one. Read into that what you want. Ford have the story and will be posting a bulletin to dealers soon I am told. I think for some people there is to much urgency in just sitting back as they do not want to miss the boat.

Now how do you miss a boat that you are already supposedly on???
maylandsman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-01-2015, 12:43 AM   #784
maylandsman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
Maylandsdweller
more spin than a pollie
Where is Pash? SA or WA?
Old 16-01-2015, 01:22 AM   #785
Redm

Quote:
G'day Mick,

I would not expect otherwise that you would be keeping your manual.
Yes it was 'consider' more or less I jump in your boat and you jump in mine which has the surety of a car coming. I really hope you get it and would urge you to call Ford direct and ask them what is happening. I know the guys at Gero Ford are doing their best and are above board. They have been great.

I reckon it sucks that I am in front of you, it should not be happening. I know what you mean by can't wait. For mine it is absurd that you can order a car in October and be left in limbo that you might get one, maybe in 2016 or not at all. What vibes are you getting from the dealership? Good luck mate and hope we pass each other on the road in our roaring v8s around Gero/Kalbarri
Thanks maylandsman

The guys at Gero Ford have been great, gave me a really good deal when I signed up and from what I've read here have been up front with any info.

Here's hoping we do see each other on the road, a trip to Kalbarri will definitely be on the cards for running in this one. Several times.......

Mick
Redm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2015, 07:55 AM   #786
335POWER
formerly Troy23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
Maylandsdweller
more spin than a pollie

Don't say that Todd...... 😬

Mods: Pacemaker competition headers, hi flow cat, x-force cat back exhaust, K&N air filter, Kings SSSL springs, Herrod CAI, Powerbond under drive, XR6T injectors[B]
Old 16-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #787
DK30RB

I feel nervous for the guys who are waiting... At the end of the day, the dealership wants the sale, and they will take a deposit whether they have a guarantee of stock or not.

I had a dealer take a deposit and guarantee me a mid December delivery. So i sold my old car in early December. Then when the time came i pushed for details on my order, they had nothing!!! I had a signed and paid for order with a $1000 deposit and had sold my old car!!!

Lets just say i was not happy.

To the dealers credit, the sales manager called some contacts and got me a car at another dealer. I had to buy the car from the other dealer, it wasn't a stock transfer.

At the end of the day i am a long time customer of the first dealer. I have purchased 12 cars in 20 years from the group, yet they had to send me to another dealer to get the car.

To do that, after a long relationship, i genuinely believe that the dealers really don't know what stock is guaranteed!! If he knew, i would have given me a loan car, and a new delivery date.
DK30RB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #788
335POWER
formerly Troy23

I emailed my dealer last night asking if I get informed of updates ie- start of build etc.

Just found a returned email saying that he may have a cancelled order for a car same spec I ordered that I could have preference to

2 users like this post:
Old 16-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #789
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Got confirmation that my car is now being built, and delivery is estimated as 21/02. Sweet, can't wait!
7 users like this post:
Old 16-01-2015, 12:56 PM   #790
335JET
@jas_23_

Feb 15 is when dealers recieve there allocations from ford, so speak to your dealer within a few days after that to see if your car is getting built.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #791
FGX008

Based on what I am reading in several threads I get a sense darker colored cars seem to be preferred for ordered XR8's in Queensland. Just an observation not a fact!

Cheers, Brent
Old 16-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #792
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I was talking to Andrew at Hillis Ford today in Wagga and they have an unsold white auto XR8 coming in. I think he said it is coming in 5 weeks time.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-01-2015, 02:16 AM   #793
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I forgot to mention that he was talking RRP pricing not above as well. Give the forum a mention when you call him.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2015, 02:47 AM   #794
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any wonder why Ford barely sells any Falcons.

They know how many engines and how many transmissions so I would have thought it would be pretty simple to build to order.

First in, first serve. Good luck to those who can grab one by the sounds of things. But those that can should be happy by all accounts.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #795
FPV-800

Spoke to my dealer yesterday about an update on my XR8 order, he said hopefully in the next couple of weeks,they have 8 orders ,also said there only building 2 engines a day,at that rate they won't get the 1200 built by the time they shut the gates, going by my rough calculations around 300 built already,leaving 900 divided by 40 a month = 22.5 months,and that's not taking into account RDO,s and annual leave, surely this can't be right ,they would need to build 3 a day ,maybe someone that works at Ford on here can shed some light
FPV-800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2015, 01:32 PM   #796
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Numbers are wrong. Why do clueless salesmen say stuff they know nothing about?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-01-2015, 01:58 PM   #797
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj-apples View Post
Spoke to my dealer yesterday about an update on my XR8 order, he said hopefully in the next couple of weeks,they have 8 orders ,also said there only building 2 engines a day,at that rate they won't get the 1200 built by the time they shut the gates, going by my rough calculations around 300 built already,leaving 900 divided by 40 a month = 22.5 months,and that's not taking into account RDO,s and annual leave, surely this can't be right ,they would need to build 3 a day ,maybe someone that works at Ford on here can shed some light

Sounds like the salesman over dosed on BS pills..............

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2015, 03:50 PM   #798
Pilko FNQ

Hi Guys,

My first post here so don't shoot me down in flames but here is my XR8 story. Put a deposit down with the Cairns dealer in November before pricing or allocations were known. Was told I would be first cab off the rank if I knew colour and transmission preference which is a black manual.

Once pricing came out I signed a contract for RRP and on roads $58k. At that stage delivery was estimated Dec 30. Was updated before Christmas that delivery would now be Feb / March which is fine with me.

I was in Cairns last Friday between flights and actually got to go in and sit with the sales guy and find out exactly what is going on as there are all sorts of rumours on transmissions / engines / extra numbers etc on various forums and old mates facebook page??? Here is what i have been told.........

My car is being built and should be in Cairns as esimated. As I live remote and the vehicle will need to be barged in my preference would be to take delivery after the wet season which we discussed on initial enquiry. He asked if I would still like to do that. I said yes but I did not want to miss out on getting an XR8 if I pass up the Feb / March one coming. He said he can 110% guarantee me a vehicle when I want it. They have been allocated 20 x XR8's and have sold only 9. They want one for the show room floor and will put my original vehicle on display and space out the remaining allocation to the end of the year.

He knew I was quite nervous about it but reassured me many times the news out there is mostly BS. He said their talks with Ford on numbers are 1200, no more no less. Talks of a 310kw turbo is not going to happen. He showed me a computer screen with their order requests for the upcoming order. Apparently they can order any variants up to their quota and allocation which is where he reassured me that as they had plenty of XR8 allocations remaining mine will be in the dealership ready for me to drive down to the Townsville 500 in July if that is my preference. I said several times I will be severely unhappy if this goes pear shaped to which he said wont happen. This guy was very open and honest and apart from all the rumours in my head I have no reason to doubt him. Another point was that November will be it for XR8's.

Don't shoot the messenger however this is my dealers version and I have this signed and in writing from him.

Cheers Chris.
Pilko FNQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2015, 04:44 PM   #799
ParisManfred
1971 XY 351

Pilko FNQ/Chris,

First great to hear from a soon to be XR8 owner and thanks for the information.
The 1200 number comes up time after time and a dealer in WA told me the same
in September 2014.
2016 Territory Titanium AWD Smoke Diesel
2005 FLSTFI 15th Anniversary Fat Boy

Car History:
XY Ute, XY Ford Falcon 351, ZG Fairlane, ZH Marquis, XB GT Sedan, XC Panel Van, XD Panel Van, XE Ute, EA Sedan, BA XR8, BF XR6 Turbo Ute, FG X XR8.
ParisManfred is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2015, 10:18 PM   #800
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilko FNQ View Post
Hi Guys,

My first post here so don't shoot me down in flames but here is my XR8 story. Put a deposit down with the Cairns dealer in November before pricing or allocations were known. Was told I would be first cab off the rank if I knew colour and transmission preference which is a black manual.

Once pricing came out I signed a contract for RRP and on roads $58k. At that stage delivery was estimated Dec 30. Was updated before Christmas that delivery would now be Feb / March which is fine with me.

I was in Cairns last Friday between flights and actually got to go in and sit with the sales guy and find out exactly what is going on as there are all sorts of rumours on transmissions / engines / extra numbers etc on various forums and old mates facebook page??? Here is what i have been told.........

My car is being built and should be in Cairns as esimated. As I live remote and the vehicle will need to be barged in my preference would be to take delivery after the wet season which we discussed on initial enquiry. He asked if I would still like to do that. I said yes but I did not want to miss out on getting an XR8 if I pass up the Feb / March one coming. He said he can 110% guarantee me a vehicle when I want it. They have been allocated 20 x XR8's and have sold only 9. They want one for the show room floor and will put my original vehicle on display and space out the remaining allocation to the end of the year.

He knew I was quite nervous about it but reassured me many times the news out there is mostly BS. He said their talks with Ford on numbers are 1200, no more no less. Talks of a 310kw turbo is not going to happen. He showed me a computer screen with their order requests for the upcoming order. Apparently they can order any variants up to their quota and allocation which is where he reassured me that as they had plenty of XR8 allocations remaining mine will be in the dealership ready for me to drive down to the Townsville 500 in July if that is my preference. I said several times I will be severely unhappy if this goes pear shaped to which he said wont happen. This guy was very open and honest and apart from all the rumours in my head I have no reason to doubt him. Another point was that November will be it for XR8's.

Don't shoot the messenger however this is my dealers version and I have this signed and in writing from him.

Cheers Chris.
Thanks Chris some interesting info...........no 310kw turbo to be built and all 1200 XR8s to be built by November 2015......someone will have to pull finger out then.

Cheers Mick
Old 18-01-2015, 11:04 PM   #801
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How good would a XR6T310 look with the big intercooler and FGX grille. Would be no shortage of airflow as well.
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #802
Pilko FNQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post
Thanks Chris some interesting info...........no 310kw turbo to be built and all 1200 XR8s to be built by November 2015......someone will have to pull finger out then.

Cheers Mick
Yes Mick, it is hard to know what to believe and hopefully I am not back on here with a sob story in a few months! In southern areas there would be more punters for a limited number of allocations but there are XR8's available in Cairns from what my sales guy was saying. Cheers Chris.

Last edited by Pilko FNQ; 19-01-2015 at 12:30 AM.
Pilko FNQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2015, 09:23 PM   #803
kempy311
BEN

Had mine in for its 3k check. Dealer said I was so lucky to get it for the price I did as so many dealer now are charging over 70k in WA. I order mine in September and recieved it early December so not to bad and it was the first one off the rank from there dealership.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
kempy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2015, 09:33 PM   #804
Vanish335

Finally 12,2014 vanish auto from qld to portmacquarie truck driver will meet at a service station 6 am Tuesday car ordered 10, October no rejo 56k . It will be hard to sleep tonight
Vanish335 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2015, 10:37 PM   #805
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You better put some pics up when you get her, I dont think there have been too many photos of the car in vanish.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2015, 12:31 AM   #806
Redm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311 View Post
Had mine in for its 3k check. Dealer said I was so lucky to get it for the price I did as so many dealer now are charging over 70k in WA. I order mine in September and recieved it early December so not to bad and it was the first one off the rank from there dealership.
This price gouging absolutely sucks, it's like the GTF all over again. P....s me off that Ford treats it's fans like this. I've owned heaps of falcons over the years and when I can finally afford a car I really want.....a V8 falcon, looks like their gunna they crap all over me.
Mick
Redm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2015, 01:29 AM   #807
maylandsman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311 View Post

I got a nice price to. One dealer in Perth today who says he can still get one for you reckons they will get their 70-75k eventually. He also believes they could be selling for 90-100k by next year. In his opinion they are more or less the GT. His price for a smoke manual was 67k.

To much bs going round Redm. But one common theme is Ford are dictating this with their '6 months sales record' policy. Which really discriminates against us people in regional areas. How many cockies buy v8s to check the crop or feed the sheep.

Keep hanging in there people - positive vibes.

Cheers.
Old 20-01-2015, 02:10 AM   #808
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I got a nice price to. One dealer in Perth today who says he can still get one for you reckons they will get their 70-75k eventually. He also believes they could be selling for 90-100k by next year. In his opinion they are more or less the GT. His price for a smoke manual was 67k.

To much bs going round Redm. But one common theme is Ford are dictating this with their '6 months sales record' policy. Which really discriminates against us people in regional areas. How many cockies buy v8s to check the crop or feed the sheep.

Keep hanging in there people - positive vibes.

Cheers.
I totally understand Ford and its dealers moving lockstep with pricing for the XR8 with a no discounting strategy..........but with pricing like that they will not move stock, pure and simple.

Cheers Mick
Old 20-01-2015, 07:47 AM   #809
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Where is Pash? SA or WA?
SA.
Saw you posted about Port Adelaide dealer & Maylands is an Adelaide suburb but now believe you're in WA.
I tried to purchase my FGF6 thru a salesman named Pash in an Adelaide dealership. Stillwel I believe. Got sick of constant BS & purchased thru MTM in Cheltenham.
Good luck to you Troy. You may need it.
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2015, 07:58 AM   #810
STV018
Starter Motor

Just wondering if the fgx xr8 is in such short supply and people don't look like getting one why are there 25 of them for sale on car sales