Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #5701
fairmontwagon
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi. thanks for adding me. ive owned a variety of fords over the years and have just dragged a 302 xy fairmont wagon from a barn, and may be looking for a bit of advice in months to come
fairmontwagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2019, 03:30 PM   #5702
Tonysford
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi

My name is Tony and I would like to introduce my self and hope I might be able find a solution to my problem.

Currently I don't own a Ford but in the past I did once own a Ford Laser back in the days when AC and power steering were options. It was a brilliant car and would run on the sniff of an oily rag. There were numerous trips down to the snowy mountains - the hatchback was great to throw my ski gear in the back.

My problem is that my partner owns a Ford Fiesta LX Hatchback 2008 Model (5 Door) WQ series / 1.6L In the last few months we have now noticed we can hear the sound of sloshing water coming from the dash area. At this stage there does not appear to be any water leaking inside the vehicle and the sound can be heard most of the time once we are moving (it does not seem related to whether we travelling forward or around a corner)

Could anyone offer any ideas and the possible expected work and cost to fix this issue. We have contacted Ford Australia but they seem want us to book it in for a service. We are not sure what the cost would be to fix the issue and a little unsure to venture with then in case it becomes a exorbitant outlay.
Tonysford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #5703
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Welcome to AFF Tony. Check out the Fiesta forum someone there may be of some help.

https://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=78
Old 04-05-2019, 08:05 AM   #5704
Ansimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonysford View Post
Hi

My name is Tony and I would like to introduce my self and hope I might be able find a solution to my problem.

Currently I don't own a Ford but in the past I did once own a Ford Laser back in the days when AC and power steering were options. It was a brilliant car and would run on the sniff of an oily rag. There were numerous trips down to the snowy mountains - the hatchback was great to throw my ski gear in the back.

My problem is that my partner owns a Ford Fiesta LX Hatchback 2008 Model (5 Door) WQ series / 1.6L In the last few months we have now noticed we can hear the sound of sloshing water coming from the dash area. At this stage there does not appear to be any water leaking inside the vehicle and the sound can be heard most of the time once we are moving (it does not seem related to whether we travelling forward or around a corner)

Could anyone offer any ideas and the possible expected work and cost to fix this issue. We have contacted Ford Australia but they seem want us to book it in for a service. We are not sure what the cost would be to fix the issue and a little unsure to venture with then in case it becomes a exorbitant outlay.
Sounds like there is air in the cooling/radiator system.
Ansimp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2019, 09:11 AM   #5705
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Or water in the plenum that can't escape because the drain is blocked.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2019, 04:07 PM   #5706
Ansimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Or water in the plenum that can't escape because the drain is blocked.
Would that make more noise while cornering?
Old 04-05-2019, 10:05 PM   #5707
Typh14
Starter Motor

G'day everybody my name's John.I haven't owned a Ford for a few years,the last being RS MK2 2 door a few years ago.
I purchased aF6 bf Typhoon a few days ago an 05 model.No owners books with the car etc.But it is a low build number and I have managed to track down some history.It has 165000ish Kay's,not to bad and in pretty good condition.
Does anybody know what would make it surge by about 100-200 rpm when cruising at all speeds.It is six speed auto and only just started doing this in the last day or two.The coolant etc is fine.
Typh14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2019, 08:56 AM   #5708
BABitch75
Starter Motor

Hi all! My name is Kim and thanks for letting me join this awesome, but slightly insane group of fellow ford fanatics! I have owned many Ford's in my time and stood my ground in a holden loving family. My current ride is my black bitch- 2004 ba xr6t 5sp manual and my first turbo so please be gentle with me!!! I hope to learn what I can as I love nothing more than diy without letting my ambitions get confused with my abilities!
��������

Last edited by BABitch75; 10-05-2019 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Add signature
BABitch75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2019, 05:35 PM   #5709
Bob Horne
Starter Motor

Hey all , I find this an interesting experience. I am a Ford owner by preference, have had petrol ,gas and diesel fords 6's V8's and 4's enjoyed them all . currently experiencing a bit of a problem with DPF filter on a Kuga. take my advice make sure your EGR valve is working OK. Repairs aren't cheap.
Bob Horne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2019, 02:13 PM   #5710
sweetfa
Starter Motor

Greetings

Greg from NZ

Ford Ranger - 2014 4x4 XLT "Manual" 3.2 - 39k on the clock

Usage - Fun, towing my Hiker Trailer to hard to get to places

Had a number of vehicles from Hilux to a Rotary RX8 - Joined the forum in the hope of learning what I can prior to it happening, I've enjoyed reading through the experiences both good and bad.

Been really impressed with the ride of the Ranger although the tyre setup has been a bit of a nightmare, Mickey Thompson 275/55/20 whilst they wear well the traction on grass or wet roads is something to be feared.

Cheers
sweetfa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-05-2019, 04:37 PM   #5711
PJQ
Starter Motor

G’day from Melbourne,
I’ve owned a XP Futura Coupe for a couple of decades, which is going through a ground-up resto… and conversion to become an electric vehicle

Bought a converted car with the right sort of motor, controller and battery to transplant into the Falcon. This secondhand approach will save $$$, there’s heaps of expensive bits and pieces in the donor, although it was converted in 2011-12, so the battery cells are down and will need refresh.

Here’s a couple of pics to put it in perspective:

The organ donor…

The organ recipient…

The electric dream…

As you can see it'll be a while before we’re out cruising, and I’ve got a few short-n-curly tech questions, so thanks for adding me to the forum, I'm off to the tech categories.
Cheers,
Pete Q
PJQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2019, 08:04 PM   #5712
Fatboyrick83
Starter Motor

New Member i cant wait to get into the mods for my 91 NC Fairlane and cant wait for the new ideas from you all.
Fatboyrick83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2019, 07:47 PM   #5713
FJD
Starter Motor

Hi Guys - new to this - first time post so not sure if I’m doing this right or not - so here goes anyway
I own a 2011 Territory Diesel AWD with some 160,000k’s and have a couple of noises that I need some advice on - 1) from a standing start, doing a u turn (or with plenty of lock on the wheel) I’m getting a clunking noise with a “slipping” feel - it continues until I wind back the lock to the straight ahead position - 2) also coming from the front end a kind of “wobble sound” from the front - as if the front wheels are not bolted on - and while I’m at it, the sat nav has just gone black. - any suggestions will be gladly appreciated - thanks in advance
FJD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2019, 09:01 PM   #5714
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJD View Post
Hi Guys - new to this - first time post so not sure if I’m doing this right or not - so here goes anyway
I own a 2011 Territory Diesel AWD with some 160,000k’s and have a couple of noises that I need some advice on - 1) from a standing start, doing a u turn (or with plenty of lock on the wheel) I’m getting a clunking noise with a “slipping” feel - it continues until I wind back the lock to the straight ahead position - 2) also coming from the front end a kind of “wobble sound” from the front - as if the front wheels are not bolted on - and while I’m at it, the sat nav has just gone black. - any suggestions will be gladly appreciated - thanks in advance
Hi FJD and welcome to AFF.

Have a look in the Terry section and post your question there.

https://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=387
Old 20-05-2019, 08:45 AM   #5715
Ansimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJD View Post
Sounds like a CV joint. With any AWD you will get “torque windup” on full lock on hard surfaces.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #5716
nicksavage82
Starter Motor

Hi guys I have a 2012 4x2 px 2.2 litre auto ford ranger that keeps throwing ebd codes p042f & u0401 I’ve replaced all intercooler hoses and turbo and new intercooler.bit every now and then it comes up on dash traction control light and gets stuck in gear and it won’t allow me to use triptonic shift and sometimes check engine light comes on but wen u shut car dwn and start back up it’s good again
nicksavage82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #5717
mick69stang
Starter Motor

Hello to all. I have dropped into your threads several times after googling a question so figured I may as well join. Short bio. Me and the wife have two fun fords and the daily. First 69 Mustang coupe 302w c4 8”. We have been taking the Mustang drag racing as her family is into and she drives the stang but it was stressing her out a bit not wanting to damage it so we decided to get a falcon. Less stress more fun. So number 2 we got a couples weeks back is an au3 2002 xr6 vct irs lsd narooma blue. So keen to make some mods see how quick we can get it. The aim is to make it faster than the Mustang. I noticed on your thread somebody was fitting a ba tiptronic shifter in an au btr 4sp auto. Would love to know if this was successful. First run for the falcon (sonic) this weekend in Mildura. See how it goes stock then see how much time we can gain with a few mods. Cheers.
mick69stang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2019, 09:48 PM   #5718
mick69stang
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello to all. New member happy to be here. Me and the missus have two fun fords. #1 69 mustang coupe 302w c4 which we have been drag racing she drives I crew. Not wanting to damage the Mustang we thought we would buy a falcon. Less stressful more fun not having to worry about the car so much. So car #2 is an au3 2002 xr6 vct irs lsd with a few mods we should get it quicker than the stang. A while back I stumbled onto a thread where one of your members fitted a ba tiptronic shifter to an au btr 4sp. Would love to know if this was successful. First run in the au (sonic) is this weekend in Mildura see how it goes stock then see how much time we can gain with a few cheap mods. Should be fun. Will post pics in your gallery soon. Cheers.
mick69stang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2019, 10:20 AM   #5719
RAYIV
Starter Motor

Hi All Ford lovers - We own a 1995 Fairlane & a 2012 Territory Diesel Turbo.
The Territory is overheating ONLY when towing our van. The van isn't to big for the car - Ford have replaced - Radiator, Radiator Cap, Thermostat, Water Pump & Reservoir bottle & hoses. - STILL overheating.
We then replaced the Intercooler on the Turbo - NO improvement.
Then overheated doing 110kph - with the van.
Any ideas PLEASE - ???
RAYIV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2019, 10:50 AM   #5720
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYIV View Post
The Territory is overheating ONLY when towing our van. The van isn't to big for the car - Ford have replaced - Radiator, Radiator Cap, Thermostat, Water Pump & Reservoir bottle & hoses. - STILL overheating.
Any ideas PLEASE - ???
Hi RAYIV and welcome to AFF.

A couple of things to try would be to head over to the Terry forum and try the 'search this forum' function or ask the question in there.

https://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=315
Old 25-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #5721
Benno1
Starter Motor

Hi all, I'm a refugee from Fordmods since it seems to be pretty quiet these days. My daily is the old faithful and slow manual XH ute, my project car is my first car, an opt 20 6 cylinder pov pack EL that I did all the usual 6 cylinder mods to, and I'm now in the process of throwing in a stock 302 and LTD interior. I'm looking forward to spinning a few yarns with the blokes on here.
Benno1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #5722
Wazza0351
Ford V8 Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYIV View Post
Any ideas PLEASE - ???
It could possibly be a head gasket
Wazza0351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2019, 05:17 PM   #5723
Knightrat
Starter Motor

Greetings from South Africa!

We're a bit of a ford family, own more fords than pairs of shoes.. anyway my oldman has an EF series GLI that i'm trying to keep going and this forum is incredible!
Knightrat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2019, 08:03 PM   #5724
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Hey all .. Dazzler here, just snooping around these days working out how to fix various problems with the various Falcons i own.

Peace out.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #5725
Metho
Starter Motor

Hi All,
Have recently purchased a 2016 ranger XLT and have found this site a great resource to answer a lot of questions about my truck.
Metho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2019, 11:38 AM   #5726
Bandit88
Starter Motor

Hello from Virginia! I can only admire the Australian Fords from afar. I do own two Fords: a 2002 Mustang GT and a 2011 Escape XLT. I also own a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, which, along with its GTO stablemate, were the only Australian performance cars sold here.
Bandit88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #5727
Scott Rousell
6FPAAAJGCM6A49663

Hi Guys,

I just bought a BF MkII series ute with tipper tray.
Looking to make the engine more economical, fix the suspension and do up the interior.
Cheers.
Scott Rousell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #5728
chris043
Former racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit88 View Post
Hello from Virginia! I can only admire the Australian Fords from afar. I do own two Fords: a 2002 Mustang GT and a 2011 Escape XLT. I also own a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, which, along with its GTO stablemate, were the only Australian performance cars sold here.
Hi...our new Escape's here are similar to yours there but are now made in Spain and the various versions go under different names such as Trend instead of SE there etc. although the top model is also called Titanium, same as there.

The latest Mustangs are sold here too in turbo 4 cyl. versions and V8's which are the most popular. Most other sports cars sold here are either smaller such as Mazda MX5's or hot hatches.

SUV's are very popular here in Oz now and make up over one third of the cars on the road.

Perhaps you would like to follow the Escape threads on this forum...lot of like minded enthusiasts there.

Best wishes.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:58 PM   #5729
Dchil
Starter Motor

Hi.
I have a 74 Falcon 500 farm Ute that's extremely rusty and an 07 BF wagon I use for daily duties/towing my drift car.

Last edited by GasoLane; 11-06-2019 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Resized pics
Dchil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2019, 05:08 PM   #5730
Dchil
Starter Motor

Wow those are big on phone. Sorry about that.
Dchil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post