Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 07-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 
Default Returneth of a grey GT

Dear Bluepower inc,

Per previous discussions, I am planning on returning a Scud to the Cooper Street skunk works for phase 2 of operation 2.8LC.

As soon as dates are locked away (ferry fares purchased,) I will confirm eta. If I recall correctly, around the day celebrating Australia was suggested…

The agenda for Scud’s sleep over this time shall include, but not limited to; thorough check over of all engine systems, driveline, and suspension, removal of underdriven crank pulley, installation of revised fuel delivery hardware to support an increase in boost pressure – determined by your good selves to be commensurate with the power plant. The Agroid is keen to give my blower the once over, and advises me the timing works for him.

500 sounds sweet? (I can picture chris rolling his eyes) hahahaha, sorry bud, can't help myself.

I trust this message finds you blokes well, and look forward to seeing you all soon. Please get some good rest over your holiday break, as your undivided attention will be required upon your return ….

With best regards, the mad bastard from the South.

Texas

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Default Re: Returneth of a grey GT

Gold...
Old 07-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Dear Tex.

I refer to your post above.

Thankyou for selecting Bluepower Boss Holiday resort as a destination for the Scuds holiday/makeover/powerup.

May i suggest a new exhaust system and perhaps a target of 550rwkw?

And from our wine list......perhaps some fine 2012 vintage E85?

We trust you will find the extra torque and horsepower to your liking.

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA now ^^^ That's GOLD ..
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
u2canb12
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising cruises and keeping the events in the spirit of the forums 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Dear Tex.

I refer to your post above.

Thankyou for selecting Bluepower Boss Holiday resort as a destination for the Scuds holiday/makeover/powerup.

May i suggest a new exhaust system and perhaps a target of 550rwkw?

And from our wine list......perhaps some fine 2012 vintage E85?

We trust you will find the extra torque and horsepower to your liking.

Chris
You certainly have a way with words Chris! Well said!
u2canb12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Chris,

you present a number of options that had previously not been considered, and to be frank, you have caught me somewhat off guard. Your enthusiasm for Scud to 'reach for the sky' in terms of power up has me thinking, thinking very hard indeed. 550 is a nice number, rolls off the tongue beautifully.

Thoughts like - can I sell the Big Boy? Can I get E85 in Hobart readily? How loud would a brace of 044's whirring away in the boot be?

Could a baby seat be restrained adequately during a 3rd gear pull with 750 horses twisting at the chassis?

These questions will play on my mind for the next few days, and I will endeavor to come to a conclusion soonest.

The Scud whispered to me tonight on the way home, as we rocked from side to side in heavy traffic, .......... "hey you, go on, just do it, give me everything they've got...."

It's even more mental than me, and it's only got 10 psi on board, not 18! Mental with 10, lunatic with 18.

Bring it!

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.

Last edited by tex; 07-12-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
XTZ

Ha Ha..
Old 07-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #8
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Tex, probably a silly question, but can you get the power you already have down to the ground at this point?

Or would you setup the extra power as an additional tune for when racing on slicks or top speed events?

Current:
2012 Ford Focus Sport - Petrol/Manual/Black
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #9
tex
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
Tex, probably a silly question, but can you get the power you already have down to the ground at this point?

Or would you setup the extra power as an additional tune for when racing on slicks or top speed events?

Not a silly question at all Steve. Let's start at the top.

The torque I already have will overwhelm the rear tyres I currently have fitted to the car roll on from 30 or 40 kmh in 2nd gear. Jump on the throttle and they leave graffiti. On the track, the torque overwhelms 3rd gear in the top end - say with 120kmh on board WOT graffiti is laid down.

And two points should be made having said the above. I have tyres fitted that are not sticky, plus I am capable of driving the throttle to avoid wheel spin. It mightn't be fast(est) method, but let me tell you that with only 1/2 throttle in the lower gears this car will roll away from a standstill quickly enough to provide shock to the uninitiated. Plenty fast enough on the street at 1/2 throttle inputs. Plenty.

Secondly, the non-performance tyres I have help save my driveline. Spin instead of breakage is a trade off I am happy to make. While they provide good street safety (particularly wet weather stability which is essential in Tassie) they don't grip in a straight line very well.

The 'power-up' is indeed aimed at limited usage, motorsport, dyno inspired chest beating type deal, the latter not really relevant, but if ya got a d!ck, you may as well swing it

The extra boost we dial in would only be used for motorsport, and only be relevant when the sticky R spec rubber is on the car. I aint chasing more street power, it's more about the track and those staightline top speed events I get a thrill out of.

The rejection from Longford 2012 presents us an opportunity to run at Temora, and it would be my intention at that event to run seriously hard, really show what these KB blown barges can do. If I'm going to drive all the way to NSW, I may as well do it with a package that is the best it can be in it's current configuration.

E85 is not an option in Tassie, and funky fuel don't interest me to be honest. When PULP is $1.72 here in Tassie, the thought of spending even more on juice does not make sense, not with a car that already burns $120 of fuel a week in current confirguration.

The bigger exhaust is an option, and I'll speak to Chris more on this in due course.

A basic but substantial fuel system is needed, one with some head room and engine safety in mind.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.

Last edited by tex; 10-12-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #10
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Tex,

The jump from $1.72/L to a control race E85 fuel isn't that bad....

Depending on your usage, regular shipments of a 200L (or larger) drum might be a easy option. Could be worth talking to whoever handles the "drinks" for the Targa cars?

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
tex
Broken

In cost per lt greg, but dont engines burn a fair bit more e85 than pulp? Less km per lt kind a deal?

Or am i off the mark?

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #12
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

No you are right. Approx a 30% increase in fuel consumption but the trade off is a cooler/safer burn, exponential increase in power, especially with forced induction and at near zero emissions.

Best bet is to ask Josh for his first hand experience.

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #13
tray_18
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would love E85 to be on pump here .
Its all about getting power i i i mean going green gor the planet lol

Interior by Leather FX, PM vegabass for all your interior needs
tray_18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #14
tex
Broken

Ferry booked boys.

Dev - Melb 2100 27th Jan

Melb - dev 1930 25th Feb

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 29-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #15
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Dear Bluepower inc,

Per previous discussions, I am planning on returning a Scud to the Cooper Street skunk works for phase 2 of operation 2.8LC.

As soon as dates are locked away (ferry fares purchased,) I will confirm eta. If I recall correctly, around the day celebrating Australia was suggested…

The agenda for Scud’s sleep over this time shall include, but not limited to; thorough check over of all engine systems, driveline, and suspension, removal of underdriven crank pulley, installation of revised fuel delivery hardware to support an increase in boost pressure – determined by your good selves to be commensurate with the power plant. The Agroid is keen to give my blower the once over, and advises me the timing works for him.

500 sounds sweet? (I can picture chris rolling his eyes) hahahaha, sorry bud, can't help myself.

I trust this message finds you blokes well, and look forward to seeing you all soon. Please get some good rest over your holiday break, as your undivided attention will be required upon your return ….

With best regards, the mad bastard from the South.

Texas
Dear Tex.

It's bad enough that you took the SCUD back to Bluepower under the impression there would be love.

It's bad enough you went shooting with 'em

But the worst thing about returning to Vic to see the lads would have to be accommodation related.

When I come over, I stay with either Theo, Chris or (heaven forbid) AGRO..... I opt for Theo thesedays 'cause hes actually the closest to the conventional medical definition of "sane" ..... But seeing this today I feel that next June might have a word to young Ryan about rolling the swag out in his back yard

You see these guys get offended when you don't camp with 'em.... So much so that they go out of their way to affect your experience.

So when you lay the wallet out, pay for a 5-Star hotel experience and the hotel concierge presents you with a Mercedes Benz keyring for your luxury courtesy car (while your beloved SCUD is in for "service")..... Don't expect thd Bluepower boys will idly sit by while you drive an S-class:

DESTINY ALTERED.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #16
tex
Broken

The Blackman.

It didn't stall up, nor would it turn 'em against the brake.

Can agro knock up a intercooled Kenne Bell kit, 14psi would(should) do it? Agro?

Look after the Scud boys, as long as it survives the drive into the 'shop with Tango Man on the gears, it can survive any rear end bashing I'm likely to ever dish out

Thanks for your hospitality, for the awsome morning session out on the paddock.

Muzzle brakes rock.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 30-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Yep, the H.O.G. is pretty awesome....

HOG, helping noobs drop goats on the first shot since 2010

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #18
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I see a trip to Little River Range was in order....
Old 30-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #19
tex
Broken

The Little River range is great.

My love of heavy calibres has been rekindled!

550m just starting to get warmed up.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 30-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
G6ET8U
GTX Turbo & KB Blown

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: ALWAYS goes out of his way to help others in need, never posts rubbish only facts he has learnt the hard way or with success in his personal experiance. Takes the time to aid more junior members and overall is a solid contributor to AFF. 

Once again at BPR today Tex... saw your car for the first time in person mate! What an absolute cracker it is!!

A credit to you and the boys!

Jack

SNOW WHITE 2004 BA FPV PURSUIT
2.6L Kenne Bell
Brembos all round
Twin Screw Awesomeness

Supported, serviced and tuned by
BLUEPOWER RACING DEVELOPMENTS

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11354744
G6ET8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
tex
Broken

G day Jack,

thanks for the compliment, the 'ol girl isn't doing too bad for it's milage, but it does need a good detail that's for sure!

tex

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 31-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #22
G6ET8U
GTX Turbo & KB Blown

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: ALWAYS goes out of his way to help others in need, never posts rubbish only facts he has learnt the hard way or with success in his personal experiance. Takes the time to aid more junior members and overall is a solid contributor to AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
G day Jack,

thanks for the compliment, the 'ol girl isn't doing too bad for it's milage, but it does need a good detail that's for sure!

tex
Anytime mate. Stunning in the flesh, jesus Kenny stands out like a um... well you know what I mean . Rained all the way to work this morning... black car, rain. FAIL!!

Jack

SNOW WHITE 2004 BA FPV PURSUIT
2.6L Kenne Bell
Brembos all round
Twin Screw Awesomeness

Supported, serviced and tuned by
BLUEPOWER RACING DEVELOPMENTS

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11354744
G6ET8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post