Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-03-2005, 08:38 PM   #1
ebfpv

Default oil light

ok now today me oil light came on so i pulled over .and checked the oil which was only just on the add mark so i topped it just little to put it in the full.the light seemed to stay on when i was parked,idle,at lights and goes out when i take off.little down the road it came in little more and more ,now it just stays on but i know the oil level is fine on the stick.is there a sensor for the oil that could be faulty and could be doing this.got the 3.9l.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2005, 08:37 AM   #2
MrFlibbles
ill have a beer milkshake

same used to happen with my ef xr6, the oil levels were ok but the oil light kept coming on, got a new oil sensor and the oil light hasnt come on since.
1969 Isuzu Florian
1976 Chev luv (really its just a rebadged Isuzu!)
1980 Isuzu KB 4x4
MrFlibbles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2005, 10:21 AM   #3
ebfpv

Default thanks man .

thanks ,i guess if i know the levels are fine every thing should be fine. :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2005, 11:25 AM   #4
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

the sensor is under $10 and just unscrews.

It's a pain to get to though, because it's under the manifold. I've had a few start to play up like that on my last car (XF) and shortly after that, they would always fail and leak oil everywhere (the ceramic part cracks and gives way).

Not sure if the E-series ones are the same though...
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post