Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-02-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
Pazza
Above the Law

Angry How to gudie to getten off fines

Does anyone have one......

I am facing suspended license..... but i got screwed by some pric of a cop. I was apprently doing 70 in a 50 zone.. between 2 roundabout distance equalling 150 metres giving time to accelertae from o to braking to 0...... and the other fine is just stupid.....

Neways...... if anyone knows how to get off fines..... plz plz plz help me here. I hear people writing letters worlks, so if anyone could pass me a copy of a letter they have written and got them cleared from a fine or 2 could u please e mail it to me, if you dont mind..

Thanks heaps guys.
Pazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 04:22 PM   #2
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

you screwed on the 1st one, what was the other!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 04:25 PM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

nope your in trouble unfortunatly pazza. Unless you have a clean record before this then you are in the poo, sorry.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 04:30 PM   #4
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

& what state you in? Particular states vary in how problem is addressed.
Old 24-02-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
Damo
Banned

why are you facing suspension. Have you allready lost points ?

You could write a letter, it worked for my brother once, but his case was genuine. Good Luck with it.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 05:25 PM   #6
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I have a clean record, reckon I can get off a 66 in a 60? Dickheads should of set the camera up on the road before it, I'd be catching the bus!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 05:29 PM   #7
galapogos01
eec tweaker

i have written a letter to debate a red light fine before and they still processed the fine. i lost all my points as a result and went on double or nothing. just last week i got caught speeding again and am now facing a 12 month loss. i dont think theres any hope for me to get off it, to be honest.

im in vic btw.
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 05:30 PM   #8
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Write a letter Rob and see what happens.

Pazza is in Victoria, the other fine I think is faling to indicate properly at a roundabout, you know blinker to go on, blinker to go off.

So 6 points in total on P's = 0 points, can you drive on 0 points ?

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 05:38 PM   #9
galapogos01
eec tweaker

you can drive with no points if you opt for double or nothing. if you get a fine in a 12 month period you get double the original suspension.
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 05:40 PM   #10
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RACV may have a legal department to be able to assist in a matter like this.

I was going to use NRMA with an incident 15 years ago, and they were helpful and took me through what I needed to do.
Old 24-02-2005, 05:44 PM   #11
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Guys,

You have a speedo, STICK TO IT If you love your license like I do, then drive at speed limits, no matter how ridiculous they are. I have never lost any of my points (touching the wooden table as I type : )

Letters help, but only if they are genuine. If you can state extenuating circumstances then you may be one of the lucky ones.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 05:44 PM   #12
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Sounds like you might get the "options". This being: OPTION 1 you can say bye bye to your licence for 3 months or OPTION 2 be good for 12 months but if you lose any points in that time you lose it for 6 months. I personally took option 2 but it be your choice. Either that or try arguing that you weren't to know that you were speeding as ADR's on require speedo to be within 10% of actual speed but speeding laws are 3 kay over no matter what! Your choice. That is presuming that you are in Victoria "the camera revenue state".
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397

Last edited by RG; 24-02-2005 at 05:47 PM.
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 05:52 PM   #13
perkz
'Save money? pfft'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmeanie
or try arguing that you weren't to know that you were speeding as ADR's on require speedo to be within 10% of actual speed but speeding laws are 3 kay over no matter what! Your choice. That is presuming that you are in Victoria "the camera revenue state".
That might work if you were caught doing 63 in a 60 zone or something, but not this supposed 70 in a 50 zone. Plus you'd probably have to have proof of your speedo being inaccurate.

I've so far be done for 65 in a 60 zone - I just copped it (I probably was speeding, plus it was only 1 point). I did get off a Parking fine be writing a letter because the Permit Only sign wasn't visible (it was hidden behind a tree)
perkz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #14
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkz
I did get off a Parking fine be writing a letter because the Permit Only sign wasn't visible (it was hidden behind a tree)
I wish I'd have thought of that when it happened to me. Sign was graffited beyond recognition but it was Footscray train staition so what else would you expect :
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 06:16 PM   #15
BoZZa17
Lovin the Manual.

did he radar you?
how does he think you were going 70?

if he has no proof its his word against yours... but if youve had infringements in the past y ou dont have much luck.
BoZZa17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #16
Walkinshaw
Two > One

You defiantly could get from 0-70-0 in 150m, its not hard at all. An acquaintance got done for 75 in a 60 zone, and complained that there was no way he could have got to 75 in that time. We measured the distance from where he started to where the camera would have got him, measured a similar distance in my car, and accelerated hard over the same distance, needless to say when 135 came up on the speedo he shut up.

Speeding fines, cop them on the chin. They may be harsh but there isn’t squat you can usually do about them. Simple fix don’t speed.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 07:02 PM   #17
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Speeding fines: Easy to avoid, difficult to get around once you are caught.

Take my word for it, there is no way to get off unless you have teh money to back you up. Any dispute is going to require legal representation and in your situation will most likely need to be taken further than magistrates court.

If you genuinely got screwed then dont bother playing by their rules. Find another way to keep driving.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 07:57 PM   #18
EL_futuraistic

Default thats not loss of licence

um, 70 in a 50 is only 20kms over, still under the 25km loss of licence in victoria.

I have previously been booked twice for 94 in a 70, and 80 in a 60. Both times, i copped 3 points and $225 fine.

As for writing letters, it wont work. Sorry to sound like an ******* (which i probably am) but you were in the wrong, deal with it. You maybe lucky and get the option notice, otherwise its connex and ventura for you.
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 08:14 PM   #19
NZ
~~~

How long does it take to get a notice from vic roads asking if you'd like to go on 12 months no points scheme or take 3 months licence loss? I used up my 12 months ago never heard anything about it. I got the fine already however
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 08:26 PM   #20
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
You defiantly could get from 0-70-0 in 150m, its not hard at all. An acquaintance got done for 75 in a 60 zone, and complained that there was no way he could have got to 75 in that time. We measured the distance from where he started to where the camera would have got him, measured a similar distance in my car, and accelerated hard over the same distance, needless to say when 135 came up on the speedo he shut up.

Speeding fines, cop them on the chin. They may be harsh but there isn’t squat you can usually do about them. Simple fix don’t speed.

saying all this, i get home and whats in the mail?!?! grrrrrrrr 92 in 80 zone. ahh well,

Old 24-02-2005, 08:31 PM   #21
Inferno
Mr Forty Seven

Move to Tassie!

Anything under 15k's and its's 80 dollars and 1 point. 15k's to 30k's, 3 points and 140 dollars. Anything over 38 and your gone thou. None of this more than 3 k's and it's a ticket crap.

Also Featuring

NFERNO Registration Plates
ELXR Front Bar & Bonnet with Sequential Scoop
18x8 Graphite Rims, Genie Extractors and Exhaust, Chrome Moulds
ELGT Steering Wheel, Clear Repeators, Cornering Lamps, Tinted Windows
Walnut Highlights, Pionner DEH-P9650MP Headunit & Pro-Series Speakers

Local Playground: Brisbane CBD and surrounding suburbs
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #22
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Meh I know I'm in the wrong, I knew the moment I went past it.

It was in a work car, they showed me the paper work 3 weeks ago but I've got nothing so far, don't know what's going on there. Either way, when I get it you can get I'll be wasting as much of their time as possible.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 10:12 PM   #23
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To quote another forum:

"tough luck, you got done and now you're going to go down like a $20 hooker with a $50 in her hand.." (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...d.php?t=352949 - this guy is a very bad boy)

Fines might **** you off, but after all is said and done I dont belive this '***** of a cop' did you for no reason. He might be a *****, but he also might have seen 1 too many dangerous driver take out a family on the roads.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 10:21 PM   #24
b2tf
not here much anymore

Pay the fine, catch the bus and remember it when you get behind the wheel. Unless you have a legit case, i am dead set against people writing letters off because they think they're above the law.
Old 24-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #25
Walkinshaw
Two > One

i dont think people write letters because they think they are above the law, they write them for two reasons. 1, they are dismayed at the revinue raising that speed cameras are designed for, and 2, to puerly waist the time of the people involved.

Old 24-02-2005, 10:34 PM   #26
Gunns
Banned

If the pic is taken from behind, you can challenge it. As you can not determine who the driver of the car is through the picture. If it goes to court all you have to say is that my mum drives the car, my dad drives the car, I drive the car. As it has been 3 weeks since the incedent to the fine ariving, there is no way to remember who was driving the car at the time of the photo. If the police can determine who was driving the car at the time of the photo, that person will gladly pay the fine.
This worked for my uncle about 2 years ago, but there may have been changes since then.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 10:36 PM   #27
b2tf
not here much anymore

Ok, maybe in Vic thats fair enough, because their system is borderline ridiculous.

My point is that if, in a situation like this, you're clearly in the wrong, you should wear it. Fair enough nobody wants to hand over a large sum of money for something like this, nor lose their licence, but at the end of the day the decision is yours. We all get a bit leadfoot every now and then, and its just how it is that sometimes we get called up on it.
Old 24-02-2005, 11:30 PM   #28
InitialD
Low and Loud

Mate I got a fine for doing 60 in a 50 zone, I bit the bullet and paid it. you shouldnt have been doing 70 in a 50 zone in the first place. Tough Luck

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2005, 01:18 AM   #29
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
If the pic is taken from behind, you can challenge it. As you can not determine who the driver of the car is through the picture. If it goes to court all you have to say is that my mum drives the car, my dad drives the car, I drive the car. As it has been 3 weeks since the incedent to the fine ariving, there is no way to remember who was driving the car at the time of the photo. If the police can determine who was driving the car at the time of the photo, that person will gladly pay the fine.
This worked for my uncle about 2 years ago, but there may have been changes since then.
Here if you cant tell them who was driving it, the registered owner gets the fine. The case must go to court and the courts have to be satisfied that you tried your best to find the driver before they will consider droping the fine.

Old 25-02-2005, 11:12 AM   #30
Low Na
Cruisin in my EL

Something I found out the other day, in QLD, if you dont nominate a driver to cop the fine and points, then the fine increases something like 5 times, so a $120 dollar fine come out to nearly $700!!
Low Na is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post