Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-02-2005, 09:32 AM   #1
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Default Clearing something up regarding the BTR auto

Am I right to assume, when my car has been driven around in for maybe half an hour to an hour and the auto starts banging through upshifts (like slipping then engaging hardcore) that its stuffed? Behaves properly when everything is cold-warmish

Or would a service fix it? Ok i know a service will help, but why spend 200 bucks on pro longing its life. Its not illegal to euthanise a transmission AFAIK

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2005, 10:15 AM   #2
Walkinshaw
Two > One

sounds like a leak down at high temp. Either solonoids leaking when hot or the valve body has cracks in it. Just a few thaughts.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Grrr, doesnt sound pleasent at all. Id be leaning to what Dan has said (being a total auto idiot i am). But could very well be rooted.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2005, 02:22 AM   #4
460cixy
burn out king

its a solinoid issue . what gears does it bang/slip in to ? a GOOD auto trans place will fix it . most trans places will tell you its ****ed its just a matter of knowing what solinoid/s is ****ed
460cixy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2005, 12:53 PM   #5
AUII_Forte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My EA used to do that $300 later I had a new S5 solenoid and a smooth gearbox

Pacemaker 4490 Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
High Flow Cat
SS Inductions "Growler" CAI
Underdrive Pulley
Mal Wood H/D Clutch
Custom Tune