Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-02-2005, 11:35 AM   #31
galapogos01
eec tweaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
It was in a work car, they showed me the paper work 3 weeks ago but I've got nothing so far, don't know what's going on there.
this happened to me once -- company car from dads work.

one year later i got a letter in the mail - a warrant for my arrest from the sherrif for avoiding the fine. i had to get a stat dec to clear it up -- id never received anything from the ****s.

im contemplating seeing a solicitor and trying to get an exemption so i can drive to work. not sure how ill go on that one. 12 months with no lisence is a long time, i might as well sell the ****ing car.
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2005, 06:09 PM   #32
Pazza
Above the Law

okies.... well the thing is.... lol.... i was definatley not doing 70. Seocndly, my passenger recons i wasnt even speeding....

And for the other fine... i arrived at the roundabout i stoped i started to go and then the guy who should have given way to me started to go so i had to stop again as i had entered the roundabout and tooted. The cop said i should have given way (although i stoped and did let him go) and i could even be charged with assult for tooting.. hmmmmmmmm
Pazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2005, 06:33 PM   #33
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Ok, I got it in the mail today, how do I go about applying for a payment sceme? Or should I deny it for a while then go for the sceme?

Wonder if the'll let me go on $10 a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Na
Something I found out the other day, in QLD, if you dont nominate a driver to cop the fine and points, then the fine increases something like 5 times, so a $120 dollar fine come out to nearly $700!!
I'm pretty sure it's the same in Victoria.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2005, 01:28 AM   #34
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Ok, I got it in the mail today, how do I go about applying for a payment sceme? Or should I deny it for a while then go for the sceme?

Wonder if the'll let me go on $10 a week.

I'm pretty sure it's the same in Victoria.

Yes they will. Just call em up, quickest and easiest way.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2005, 04:37 PM   #35
Psycho Chicken
Banned

So the'll allow $10 a week? Damn, I'll just deny it for a while then ask for $5 a week, them $7.50, then $10. Or go up 5 cents each time.
Old 27-02-2005, 07:39 PM   #36
DanXR6T
Eat more peanuts....

Hell if I was the government I'd just rip $20 a week out in tax/dole/whatever till you paid the fines off and don't give people the choice..

But lucky the government is nicer than private enterprise...

Formerly owned:
'99 AU Falcon Ute
'88 EA Falcon GL
DanXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 09:29 PM   #37
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman82
Hell if I was the government I'd just rip $20 a week out in tax/dole/whatever till you paid the fines off and don't give people the choice..

But lucky the government is nicer than private enterprise...
That would take them nearly 2,5 years to recoup what i have racked up
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 09:33 PM   #38
DanXR6T
Eat more peanuts....

And they'd still probably get it quicker..

Formerly owned:
'99 AU Falcon Ute
'88 EA Falcon GL
Old 27-02-2005, 09:33 PM   #39
NZ
~~~

Quote:
So the'll allow $10 a week? Damn, I'll just deny it for a while then ask for $5 a week, them $7.50, then $10. Or go up 5 cents each time.
Yeah they have some ratio to work out the minimum. They ask how much you can afford, if its too low they'll suggest a larger amount if you can't pay that they will let someone else make a decsion. Just make out you are stone broke. Then when they finally agree they send out forms. I'm still waiting for mine after 8 months. I called them once they have my address. IDGAF if im not paying I done everything right.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2005, 11:16 AM   #40
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Pay the fine, catch the bus and remember it when you get behind the wheel. Unless you have a legit case, i am dead set against people writing letters off because they think they're above the law.
Agreed. Like Damo said I wrote a letter to escape a fine, but I had a legit case. I would never have considered doing it if I was in the wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2005, 08:54 PM   #41
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I know I was in the wrong, I just think it's bullshit that I get done for 66 in a 60 zone at the bottom of a hill on an empty road.
Old 28-02-2005, 11:00 PM   #42
Fordfutura123
93 ED Futura

you know if yah do the crime u do the time.... i bet u learnt your lesson...

there is nothing more sickening than seeing someone be hit by a speeding car and watching the aftermarth..
Fordfutura123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2005, 11:11 PM   #43
DanXR6T
Eat more peanuts....

I know I've contributed to this thread a few times, but it really brings down the image of the Forum, do we need a thread miscorrectly spelled about how to get off fines that you are obviously in the wrong for?

Maybe we should have

How To Guide - Fooling the EPA
How To Guide - Outrunning the Cops
How To Guide - Passing a Breathe Test

Formerly owned:
'99 AU Falcon Ute
'88 EA Falcon GL
Old 01-03-2005, 12:34 AM   #44
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
I know I was in the wrong, I just think it's bullshit that I get done for 66 in a 60 zone at the bottom of a hill on an empty road.

You got caught and broke the law, but that dosent necessarily mean that the law is right. Its not as simple as right and wrong when driving and when the reason for teh speed camera being there is for anything other than road safety i dont believe we anyone should accept it and just pay up.

If they want to tax you, make em work for it.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post