Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-03-2005, 01:49 PM   #1
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Default Barbeque Assembly 101........

Well, here I am on another one of my FF Roadtrips (tm). After a long day driving and Going Back Thirty Years and Half an Hour (tm) (Adelaide for those of you who didn't realise), my first task was to assist Snake-Boi (tm) assembling the new Barbeque.

The first thing to remember, loose the instructions and get a beer, sorry, wrong way around. Get a Beer, then loose the instructions.

Second step. Start bolting the legs to the base, after trying every nut that came with the Barbeque, the last ones you try will be the only ones that fit.

Third. Send someone off the retrieve the instructions and get you another Beer. Damn, did it again, Beer first, THEN the instructions.

Next, Bolt up the top section with the Burners using the really long bolts. Hmm.... it wobbles, better bolt it down a bit lower. Ah, much better, it doesn't wobble any more. I think we are jsut about ready.

Last, get Snake-Boi (tm) to bolt up and connect the Gas Cylinder. "The thread won't start!"" he cries. Cough Left handed Thread Cough.....

Oh, don't forget Eamon, you still need to tighten up all the Fastners with a Screwdriver and a Spanner!

And yes, after all that, the Barbeque did work, even if there was a Metric **** Load (tm) of food left. Well, at least the Wasps didn't go hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong

Last edited by smciner1; 12-03-2005 at 01:53 PM.
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2005, 02:08 PM   #2
rodderz

The flame-grilled shirt (tm) may have helped shane!

Did you help eamon move to adelaide?
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2005, 02:27 PM   #3
whiskieboy

Shane,shane,shane....you are supposed to be ' Fitter Extraordinare '(tm) and you have a degree,or something , and you dont know how to put a little barbie together...tsk,tsk its actually 2 beers to 1 bolt, how many times do you have to be told...have a good time mate, see you tuesday.
whiskieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
smciner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
The flame-grilled shirt (tm) may have helped shane!

Did you help eamon move to adelaide?
Hahahaha! Yes, the Flame Grilled Shirt (tm) is here, I am saving it for Sunday. No, I didn't help Eamon move, he arived here Tuesday.

Quote:
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Old 12-03-2005, 02:52 PM   #5
smciner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskieboy
Shane,shane,shane....you are supposed to be ' Fitter Extraordinare '(tm) and you have a degree,or something , and you dont know how to put a little barbie together...tsk,tsk its actually 2 beers to 1 bolt, how many times do you have to be told...have a good time mate, see you tuesday.

Yes, this is true, and it did go toghether, besides, I was Supervising (tm) Snake-Boi (tm). Have fun at the Motor Show tonight!

Quote:
Old 12-03-2005, 06:48 PM   #6
XRchic
Hello

Yes the BBQ construction was interesting to watch! Boys fiddling with nuts and screws....

I have to say, they did rather well, after they had a few beers. And I think the motivation was also that the sooner the thing was constructed, the sooner there would be food...

And there was food. Cooked by none other than chef extraordinaire, ME! No one ate it and it was all left for the wasps this morning!!! Until they were drowned in Vodka! Have you ever seen a ****ed wasp...?? :baby bott

Beyond that I was too ****ed to remember.... :

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2005, 09:11 PM   #7
smciner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Yes the BBQ construction was interesting to watch! Boys fiddling with nuts and screws....

I have to say, they did rather well, after they had a few beers. And I think the motivation was also that the sooner the thing was constructed, the sooner there would be food...

And there was food. Cooked by none other than chef extraordinaire, ME! No one ate it and it was all left for the wasps this morning!!! Until they were drowned in Vodka! Have you ever seen a ****ed wasp...?? :baby bott

Beyond that I was too ****ed to remember.... :
/me remembers eating something that was on the barbeque........

And amazingly, I'm still alive. Snake-Boi (tm) isn't feeling to well though......

Quote:
Old 12-03-2005, 10:18 PM   #8
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by smciner1
Second step. Start bolting the legs to the base, after trying every nut that came with the Barbeque, the last ones you try will be the only ones that fit.
well you wouldnt try any more after you found the ones that fit, would you... ;)
Old 12-03-2005, 11:17 PM   #9
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by smciner1
/me remembers eating something that was on the barbeque........

And amazingly, I'm still alive. Snake-Boi (tm) isn't feeling to well though......
Snake Boi (tm) is much better tonight... : :

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 09:14 AM   #10
FordFan86
meow

Hey nice BBQ, good to meet you shane now, for my 3rd big nite in a row :\ no drinking, just not sleeping :S
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post