Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Fiesta queries

Im on the verge of ordering a new Fiesta, 5 dr LX hatch, auto with 16" rims in Panther Black.

A few things im curious about though:

* Does the Fiesta have a DTE function (distance to empty), or do yuo just have to rely on the fuel gauge?

* Are there any other power sources apart from the one near the gearshift? I think one in the back would be handy.

And a few other questions i cant think of atm lol (will post them up when i can).

I'm taking one for a drive tomorrow, but id like to know as much as possible about them before i do that.

Any help appreciated!
Old 13-03-2005, 06:38 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

no powersource in back.. just the drag lighter in the front.
i honestly HATE the fuel guage in the fiesta. its not at all accurate. incase u havent seen inside it has blocks are your fuel. all of a sudden a massive block will dissapear. and no there are no DTE functions. would of been nice to at least have a proper fuel guage
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Ok, it just lost major points lol. I wanna know how much fuel i have and get it as accurate as possible.

What about a Ghia cluster or something? Does it have them?
Old 13-03-2005, 07:14 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default fiesta enquiery

thats a big N.O as far as i know the cluster is the same. no additional features like mileage left before you run outa ped :P
u just get better features like 6 cd stacker, different trim colour (i dont like it) chrome grill...
looks like you might have to go to jaycar and buy a electronic trip meter and hide it in your glovebox or something :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

ummm... tell me what small car for the fiesta price has DTE? pretty sure Jazz doesnt...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

I dont know whether any car in this class has one, but i like them, and if possible i want one. It is a very big point for me as i drive a lot in country areas, and i cant really afford to be guessing whether i can make it home or not when its 2am and i have no mobile service. I wanna know how far i can go before i start going there!

I'll take a closer look at one tomorrow, the Fiesta is kinda appealing but i just dont know if i can deal with the size of it!
Old 13-03-2005, 11:42 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

its bigger inside then dimensions suggest. And, pretty economical. Im sure it will use WAY less petrol then an AU XRsomething that i think you have

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 06:19 PM   #8
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

The Focus doesn't have a DTE either (well, maybe the Ghia does?) but it does have a power outlet for the back seats.

It also has a real fuel gauge and you can always bring up the electronic one too - but no DTE, can't think of a car in the size either that has one.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 08:40 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

Fiesta is out. I took one for a drive yesterday, and while they're certainly a good car, they're not the kind of thing i would feel right about driving for the next 2 yrs.

Timmeh, thats a real bugger about the DTE, anyone know what Zetec/Ghia/ST170 have in the way of cluster gauges/readings?

Ive been told that my old dealers is expecting a Focus CL 5dr hatch in the coming days, If it is any good i will be buying it on the spot. Some Zetec 17s and a bodykit will have it fairly close to the way i want it to look.
Old 16-03-2005, 12:33 AM   #10
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I think you mean the optional 17s (7 spokers) - the Zetec rims are only 16s.

And yeah, the Focus does look good with bodykit and 17s to be sure, even if you don't get the mags, you can pick up a set of aftermarket ones easy enough - the ones you see in my avatar are on my Focus from Sydney, and I have a set of the 17 inch 7 spoke optional rims in the garage that used to be on the car.

Hope it all works out for you!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post