Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 02-02-2005, 12:04 PM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Rear lights mk6

Hey everyone, something from the very start has been annoying me in my car and id like to sort it out.
The rear reverse light is only on one side, is it possible to make it on both sides? does the left light have everything needed but just not a bulb. and the same goes with the actual freakin reverse light (white), i dont like my car looking lop sided.
Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 08:54 PM   #2
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anything is possible it's just a matter of money and time. The reason it is on only one side is because on high models (zetec and ghia) the other side is taken by the fog lamp.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2005, 09:37 AM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Hmm odd seeing mine has the rear fog light thing aswell. i just call it a reverse light though...
ALSO!!!!!!!!! when i bought my car i wanted the front fog lights. I rung ford yesterday and the guy quoted me $106 each light. so a total of $212 but he didnt know if that came with any wiring kit. I also asked him about the mounting bracket and he didnt know anything about it. Could i modify my plastic meshing that covers the area which the fog light would sit in to fit a foggy? or would i be better off trying a few different places to get the new proper mounting for the fog?
Old 03-02-2005, 10:32 AM   #4
lotsy
Feisty

Hey Mitch, I have already ordered the front fog lights, they should be easy enough to install I have all the instructions. I'll let you know how it turns out. Talk to some of the focus boys about converting the rear fog light to a reverse light, a couple have allready done it, one proper anyways. He had ford rig it up, it's just a matter of ordering the part and wiring it up, no worries.
lotsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #5
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Thanks for the info lotsy!!! good luck with your from fog lights i hope they turn out well... were they 212 bucks for you aswell??? when you get the foglights could you please list whats included in the pack. Do they come with instructions aswell or did u get them from somewhere else??