Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #31
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsty
I get alot of enjoyment out of drinking the bundy and looking at my collection of all the different bottles/colours etc. Most of the bottles I have I had 2 of, drank one, keep one.
I totally agree with this comment, but the problem being that drinking one then gives way to the problem of how the hell do you then look at all the funny different bottles/colours etc when their moving all over the place
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-05-2018, 11:13 PM   #32
Chickycoke
Starter Motor

Default Re: OH the pain, Bundaberg Black – VAT 89 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsty View Post
I am a bundy collector, started about a year ago, have 13 or so different bottles now!! If anyone has any older bottles (probably pre 2003 or so) I might be interested in grabbing them!

The that 1991 VAT bottle was worth abit unopened!! Empty bottle probably worth 10-20 bucks or so.

Bundy have just released another range of bundy black VAT 26 i think it is, can get it for around 250ish off ebay.

You will find though bundy "reserve" and "founding fathers" both available at most shops are very similar to bundy black.
Have managed to find a bottle of 91 black, 91 standard and the coffee liquor too. Anyone know much about what they are worth?
Chickycoke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-05-2018, 05:24 PM   #33
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A friend has been collecting those Jim Beam decanters over the last 40 years and has a train & carriage's and at least 20 various cars incl some muscle cars from 60's & 70's. The Plum Crazy Dodge is one of the cars he has like in this shot.
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/4793...41725/?lp=true
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2018, 11:53 PM   #34
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark^^ View Post
Bundaberg Black – VAT 89 1991

I am not normally a drinker, last night I thought I would have a glass of Bundy rum in ginger ale. So went to get a bottle, as I do drink rum from time to time. Rather than opening the new bottle I brought the other day I thought I would open the one that has been sitting around for years with the few other spirits bottles I have. I would have just brought this at a local bottle shop many years ago.
I had my drink and it was amazing, so tonight I thought I would see if I could get some more of this particular type but it’s not listed on the Bundy website, so I though Google would be the place to look. Oh what a mistake that was, went to an eBay link to see a bottle listed at a starting price of $400 and one finalised at $600. OH me, Oh my why did I not look at this before I opened the bottle or drink the new one I brought.

I would have brought this in 1991, just shows how often I do drink and what I don’t know. Ah well it sure is good though, had another glass tonight.
Hello,
Rum is meant to be drunk straight,you did the right thing, why let some investor look at it on a shelf for the rest of his life,you did the right thing,good on you,and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I used to get coke bottles of the rum liqueur from a mate who worked at Bundy,that was in 1981 coming back from the Territory, wow,my eyeballs would "wobble" around every step I took the next morning,talk about dry horrors,I could of "sucked a cow dry" no worries!

I'm glad you drunk it..

Regards Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2018, 12:07 AM   #35
slowsnake
Banned

Hello,
Is everyone on this thread nuts,these prices are phenomenal,in 1981-2 I bought a half dozen jars of special liqueur, and gave em away as gifts,I drunk one myself,and that's why I gave the others away.

My good mate Gary Bushell from Lansvale in Sydney told me never to give him one again,I think his wife Maree nearly divorced him!.lol.hahaha..geez he was angry with me for awhile.

God only knows what they would be worth now,even empty!
They were from memory a 750ml or 1litre brown pottery jug.
Not glass but pottery, like Granny's old cream jug!

Anyone remember them?

Regards Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2019, 01:37 AM   #36
Chickycoke
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickycoke View Post
Have managed to find a bottle of 91 black, 91 standard and the coffee liquor too. Anyone know much about what they are worth?
Could someone please let me know if they have any ideas of the value of these please? Very interested in details if anyone can help. Thank you
Chickycoke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post