Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 11-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
commz
Starter Motor

Default 120k service for MC TDCI

Hi guys,

It seems Ive lost my service book and as such, have no idea what the 120k TDCI service entails

Can anyone take a picture of their book and post it here?

Thanks in advance

commz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 120k service for MC TDCI

commz, the 120,000kms service is a Service Type "B". It will be the same as the 60,000kms service.

Over and above "A" service;

Powershift (6DCT450) - Renew fluid and filter (EcoBoost & TDCi)
Induction air filter - Renew element
Spark Plugs - Renew
Fuel Filter - Renew (Diesel models)
Brake System - Visual Inspection

Time to complete "B" service: 2.0L Duratorq TDCi = 2hrs

I hope this helps...
Old 12-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
commz
Starter Motor

Exactly what I was looking for ope126

Thanks alot for your help!
Old 12-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Happy to help!
Old 12-06-2014, 08:20 PM   #5
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also,

Additional Scheduled Maintenance Items:

Every 4yrs / Cooling System (Check and clean pressure cap, replace if there is any seal deterioration).

(Assuming your MC is now 4yrs old?)
Old 14-06-2014, 03:04 AM   #6
commz
Starter Motor

Manufactured 2011, so we're getting close Ill check it out this weekend and will replace if needed
Old 14-06-2014, 08:26 AM   #7
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commz View Post
Manufactured 2011, so we're getting close Ill check it out this weekend and will replace if needed
If that is the case;

Additional Scheduled Maintenance Items:

Every 3yrs / Air Conditioning System (Check temp at the evaporator tube. Check a/c lines for damage and leaks).
Old 28-06-2014, 10:31 PM   #8
mwhit43
folden guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by commz View Post
We have a car history report and on it said the manufacture date is 2011 and first registered in feb 2011.. But the dealer said it's a 2010 mondeo?

Also how much was all the parts and labour? Were up for the 120k service in under 10k :( I read that the trans flush will be allot
mwhit43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #9
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi again McWhit,

If the car was first registered in Feb 2011, then, in my view, it could not have been manufactured in the same year.

Mondeo's are built in Europe and it is about a four week ship journey to Oz, Take into account holding time in yards for loading/unloading and you get back to Dec, 2010. Then there is the delay from Ford Oz to the dealer which could be upwards of two weeks, depending on where the selling dealer is located and that the manufacturer would have closed across Christmas, you are now getting back to Nov 2010 at the latest.

To give you some idea about delays, our Mondeo was built in Jan 2008, but we didn't take delivery until Oct 2009. This is a tad unusual but there were reasons having to with time on the water, it being a sedan, and a diesel. Apparently no-one wanted that type of vehicle and during the time with the dealer there was a new (for Australia) model released. But we got a $10,000 discount from list as a cash buyer.

If you know the car's VIN (ask the seller for it) you can use this web site:

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegS...212C.eccvas506

Plug the VIN into the "window" and it will tell you the build date and the car spec as built. On our car, low on the drivers door B pillar, is a black label which shows the build date in the first row, There may be a similar label on the car you are looking at.

The $500.00 for the capped servicing covers the cost of all fluids required as specified in the a and B service list.

Good luck with the purchase. Have you checked the "asking" price of similar vehicles to get an idea of the market? The Redbook "selling" valuation for the car you have described elsewhere is $12,200 to $14,100 and this a "dealer" range usually. If a private sale I'd be discounting by at least $1000 at the lower end, remembering that private sales carry no warranty.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #10
mwhit43
folden guy

Thanks AlanD, computer wont allow me to use that website. we have a special agreement with the extra warranty which we get capped price servicing at $195 at ford, well thats what they say.. but we will see in like 5,000km if we get the car.

I will upload a photo if that's any help to figure out by models. thanks matt
Old 29-06-2014, 12:34 PM   #11
mwhit43
folden guy

Here is the car
(back)

(front)
Old 29-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #12
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi McWhit,

The car was built in early November 2010 at Gent in Belgium. On the basis of this build date it is an MB. MCs appeared in 2011, but you are close to the model shift date, so if it arrived in 2011, as it probably did, it might have squeezed in as an MC.

The thumbnail, when expanded shows the equipment that the car was delivered from the factory with.

In Europe all these post 2007 Mondeo,s are MkIV cars, Ford Europe makes no distinction between minor trim level and engine/transmission upgrades as Ford Oz has with MA, MB and MC designations. Another difference is that the Europeans have service intervals of 20,000 km. Trust Ford Oz to squeeze a few extra Dollars out of their customers.

Hope this helps you in your quest.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Last edited by AlanD; 01-04-2018 at 11:30 PM.
AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #13
mwhit43
folden guy

Yeah I have most of those features.. So manufacture date before delivery was in 2010. I'm not really fussed just wondered cause of the issues and servicing
Old 30-06-2014, 12:32 AM   #14
commz
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhit43 View Post
We have a car history report and on it said the manufacture date is 2011 and first registered in feb 2011.. But the dealer said it's a 2010 mondeo?

Also how much was all the parts and labour? Were up for the 120k service in under 10k :( I read that the trans flush will be allot
Just had the car serviced; is still covered under the capped price servicing scheme. Cost me 780!

Transmission flush was the most expensive item