Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
rory84
Starter Motor

Default 'Dedicated connection' Ipod cable

Hi,

I just picked up my MB mondeo Titanium TDCi in Panther Black with dark tinted windows. (after a painful 3 month lead time)

I have pugged the ipod in using the 3.5m jack and a standard ipod usb cable, but when i go to access the ipod menu through the steering wheel it starts doing silly things like randomly selecting a song.
The manual says there is a ford accessory that is dedicated ipod connection line which is used ofr optimum performance.
Does this do anything different from the usb/3.5mjack that i am currently using? Will the ford cable fix the interface issue?

Is anyone using one of the ford cables? Can unyone help? The guy in the parts division in the dealership didn't have much clue.

For the record the car is awesome.

rory84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory84
Hi,
I have pugged the ipod in using the 3.5m jack and a standard ipod usb cable, but when i go to access the ipod menu through the steering wheel it starts doing silly things like randomly selecting a song.
Can you explain the issues you are having in more detail? Mine works fine with two separate cables.

Things to look out for:

Check that your shuffle setting is off, cause that can cause random song selection. There is a little display on the centre console to see if shuffle is on or not. Simply use voice control, "External Device/Ipod/Shuffle Off"
Old 05-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
rory84
Starter Motor

I'll give it a go.

when i go into the menu on the screen in the dash and select artist or playlist or genre it starts playing a song. does not give me a list of artists, etc to choose from . maybe it is on shuffle i'll have another play when i get home.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
RicOz

When you find an artist, press the right arrow, not the middle select button. You should then see the list of albums for that artist.

If you select the artist using the middle button, it starts playing all of the artists songs in alphabetical order, not album track order, if that makes sense!
Old 05-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Does this info come up on the stereo or on the display between the gauges?
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
rory84
Starter Motor

Thanks for the help RicOz,
Works a treat. I had it on shuffle and for some reason I find it difficult to hit the right arrow button to select a menu item instead of the ok button. But it works perfectly now.

Dusty1, pretty much all of the ipod menu comes up on the screen in between the gauges. Sound is excelent.

This is my first ford and my first brand new car, it is awesome. I drove it heaps on the weekend and the handling at speed is incredible.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
GBgb
Starter Motor

glad to hear you got it fixed rory84. the Mondeo is a great car, I agree,
GBgb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is this on the MA as well. I've not looked at options for iPhone or iPod. In the manual I guess. :hihi:
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
bovva66

MA only has Aux socket so you can connect but will be unable to operate thorugh steering controls other than volume.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well that sucks. Thanks for your help.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 12:06 AM   #11
GBgb
Starter Motor

I had an issue connecting the iPhone to the MB Mondy, but I may have found a fix.

Thought you may be interested... ... Plugged in the iPhone today & it appeared in the iPod spot on the Converse. I couldn't figure out what had changed, but it could've been the recent firmware upgrade (via iTunes) anyway now it works! "Accessory not supported" still appears, but just click thru it.

Happy listening

gb
GBgb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #12
Larso

Hi all found this on the accessory page for the Mondeo, does anyone know what it is or if it is MA compatible. Asked my local dealer spare parts dept but they didn't know anything about it.
Mondeo Accessories
iPod Integration
* A dedicated iPod connector cable provides connectivity for iPod or MP3 player
* Lets you listen to and operate your iPod / MP3 player via the vehicle's audio system
* Can be connected via the onboard audio controls, including those on the steering wheel

RRP: $56*
Larso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #13
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larso
Hi all found this on the accessory page for the Mondeo, does anyone know what it is or if it is MA compatible. Asked my local dealer spare parts dept but they didn't know anything about it.
Mondeo Accessories
iPod Integration
* A dedicated iPod connector cable provides connectivity for iPod or MP3 player
* Lets you listen to and operate your iPod / MP3 player via the vehicle's audio system
* Can be connected via the onboard audio controls, including those on the steering wheel

RRP: $56*
MA only has the AUX jack. You can play and iPod through it, but you have to use the iPod to do everything else. MB comes with a USB point in the glove box.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the iPod connectivity came with the MB update.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post