Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #151
Kil4Collingwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoon
welcome grandpa, the fairlanes were built for cruising mate, so dont worry about how fast she goes. A word of warning though, lock her up at night or you might find a family of refugees have moved in and are living in her the next morning cause the interior is bigger than the house they lived in.

Enjoy mate
Haven't had that happen yet though some scumbag siphoned out my full tank of petrol so now it's locked behind the gate with my dog off it's lead!
Kil4Collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #152
Melzy
I like shiny things...

Quote:
Haven't had that happen yet though some scumbag siphoned out my full tank of petrol so now it's locked behind the gate with my dog off it's lead!
How low can these guys get!! Good luck to them trying to haul a few 20 ltr drums over the fence with Fido on their tails

Anyways, g'day all

I'm 23 years old and moved from far north Qld to the ridiculously cold Canberra a few months ago. I grew up on Ford v8 (inboard) skiboats and finally got my own boss260 xr8 ute a few weeks back. Great to see so many other mad car/v8/performance fans here! Going to love reading what you guys have done to your cars (and get some ideas ^^). Nice to meet you all

~Mel
Melzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 10:50 PM   #153
mr scotto
mk 1 capri

back into the cars,got 6 months to build a mk1 capri.car specs will be,windsor,c4/single rail,9inch,hoppers stoppers brake upgrade kit. not real good on this commputer,will post some pics and ask some questions when i no what i am doing.the malvern star is slower than a ducati
mr scotto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 09:46 PM   #154
gtfp

Hi all what a great site im in my 40,s and a ford nut! drive a BFGT manual rapid colour with black stripes shaker and fresh air intake fitted the cars 8 weeks old, now looking to add to its rwkw, where to start is the problem and of course price starting around $3000 for now what should i do ?? and where do i get it im sure there,s a lot out there but where to start i live in healesville victoria so any advice would be most greatfull thanks also have to concider my warranty (maybe) thanks again
Frank
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #155
BluePrintBlue

I just been checking this out and i thought i would post.

I love my FORDs. I just turned 18 and i been saving up for a car - 2002 Ford Falcon XR6 (Tickford). I have only had it for a few days and i know that when i finally sell it i will definately be buying another Ford XR vehicle or FPV vehicle.
While i have only had it for a few days i am already interested in increasing the rwkw and interior appearance.
My name is Mason and I'm in Brisbane. This isnt my first car, i had a mitsubishi lancer to start off : and i replaced it with the only car thinkable.
I love my Fords, having grown up in a small town focussed on Holdens.

Thanks. Mason.
BluePrintBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 08:16 PM   #156
Heffnic
this is true

hi im new to this site but have hung around wit a few people that r on it and never really had the chance to become a member as i had no computer.

I drive a white ef fairmont which is lowered wit 18" rims and a sunroof. I have made a couple of mods which include a stage 2 crow cam, a K&N filter, xr air intake and a full lukey exaust kit. When i last had it on the dyno it pulled around 145kw at the rear and i want more. I have been to a couple of the e series events both in geelong and in melb wit my mate EL Ghia and hope to go to many more as i dont work weekends anymore.

well hope to catch u all soon
Old 28-07-2006, 12:09 AM   #157
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hello there.

Currently 23, I do not drive because I am lazy. Yeah...I am a loser. But I love Fords. People give me a hard time for it and say that "Holden drivers have real balls" and all that crap. Well...anybody can follow a bandwagon. And 95% of hoons I see on the road drive old Commodores or Toranas. Hmm...

I love XA-XC Coupes, XB and XC Sedans (not a fan of the XAs) and XW and XY sedans.

Once I get the cash and the motivation, I hope to get a classic Ford someday as a "Sunday drive car", as well as a "stick this up your cornchute" to those who bag Fords, but never laid an eye on a classic. However, my mechanical knowledge of cars is not great.
Hence my reason for coming here. Advice costs nothing, and having a schmooze is great!

Hope to talk to you all soon.
Please wait at least 3 days before flaming me :P

Cheerio!
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 11:37 AM   #158
Sweet Ivy

As I am new here, thought I would bite the so called bullet and say Hi to everyone...... so Hi ..... Great site, with so much info.

My Cars
xa fairmont coupe have owned her for about 10yrs, she was my daily driver, and my sanity, got her back from my ex, less her original 351

xa falcon coupe, project nearly ready for paint

hqls monaro coupe my daily driver - going to sell soon to put "red" back on the road.

hqgts 350 monaro coupe project but a good one

66 Chevy impala 4dr pillarless registered but needs resto.

I'll prob get bagged out due to the ford holden chev thing, but what the .... I love cars. Hope I will be able to contribute to your site ... thanks & Cheers
Old 02-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #159
Brissie Babe
Denny's Girl

Hello. I heard about this site through my boyfrind Denney (a member) and thaught I'd take a looksie for myself. As I will be the babe he will be driving with I thaught I should make an appearance on the site and try to learn more about cars. See you all cruiising.

Chaio, Brissie Babe
1995 EF Falcon Classic
Brissie Babe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 12:08 AM   #160
Brissie Babe
Denny's Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
95% of hoons I see on the road drive old Commodores or Toranas. Hmm...
As an ex gold coastie I can vouch for this...they are ALL commo drivers
Brissie Babe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #161
shane 351
Starter Motor

[B]Did anyone know that Jesus drives a XY HO. Word has it there's no speed limit up there!
shane 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2006, 05:01 AM   #162
BloodyFalcon

Hi All. I'm new to this whole Ford thing. If anyone can give me some pointers on working on an 89 EA Falcon Series 1 it would be much appreciated.
Cheers!
Old 07-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #163
bradcad

Gday all

I, am a ford traitor.

I'm a Ford man, my old man is a Ford man, and I drive a Holden! I'm sorry. lol

Currently driving a VT Commy (just didnt like the AU) and its just a 'family car'. I'm still waiting for the chance to pick up my XB Hardtop...they just don't make them like they used to.

My old man's got an EB XR8 and a 1986 (?) F150 long tray 351 Windsor so I'm rather jeaolous. I must say- he only got back into his fords when I started visiting him after quite a few years- I'm proud to say I helped him find his inner 'hoon'.

Anyways great to see so many ford freaks in one place.

Brad
bradcad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #164
AussieJason

Hi.

Like many of you I have always had Fords, and have to put up with the Holdens rule etc... regularly.

I couldn't bring myself to buy an AU (apologies to all AU owners), but the BA's and BF's are a Ford I can be proud of once again !

Previous Falcons:
2003 BA Falcon XL Ute White
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

And drive a Holden company car...
AussieJason is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #165
EVILRX
Starter Motor

Gday peoples.
I been looking through the forum the last few days since I just brought my 1st Falcon.
Thought i'd join up. Seems to be pretty good people in here.
I've only owned 1 other ford in my life. Turbo 1988 TX3. good car.
But now I got me a late 03 BA GT-P. Now I just gotta mod the motor a bit to get it crackin'. But its a nice car to drive.
As soon as I take a photo i'll post it up.
Im from Sydney. Tilt Tray driver.
I also own a MY98 WRX, 1975 Camaro with a Big Block in it, Hyundia Sonata and the trusty Mitsubishi FUSO Tilt Tray.
I've been into cars all my life.
I was a regular at car shows showing the rex.
But work has got pretty busy so I just work work work.
Hopefully I should be able to get the Falcon out to some cruises and meet a few of the lads on here.

Cheers
STEVE.
EVILRX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 08:34 PM   #166
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

Gday, i own a XC ute 302.. 4 speed
TATT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #167
craig64
Starter Motor

G,day all
Been a member for a while but never had a decent enough computer to write until now i've been a ford freak all my life and my cars are
1968 XTGT gt gold colour stock except for mild cam and some head work
1967 mustang coupe red 17x7s & 17x8s mild 347 with 300rwhp & 3.5 9" diff
1964 usa falcon convertible full resto to stock, 260 windsor c4 electric roof white red interior
1959 failane ranch wagon (looks like a hearse) black, 351 clev, fmx, xf disc front
& and a navara ute for an every day driver (sorry about this one)
craig64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #168
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the forum guys ;)

Know you will love it here ....
MotherNature is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #169
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATT2
Gday, i own a XC ute 302.. 4 speed
Ute now sold...just the EF mont
TATT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #170
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Welcome all the newbies

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 02:27 PM   #171
Disco1986

hi everyone
Disco1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 04:11 AM   #172
CossieStu

Ay up ppl Im a newbie from England My names Stu and my cars a 1986 3dr Sierra Cossie...she's undergoing a slight rebuild/restoration at present but will soon be ripping up the local roads and trackdays again!!! Ive got a few pics on a little site ive started for her... www.blackcossie.com if any1 is interested

Cheers,
Stu.
Old 14-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #173
EF_Stocker
Starter Motor

Hiya guys, been a member for a while and thought i'd finally post. I'll get some pics up of my EF GLI soon, tho, as you can see by my username, it's stock :P
EF_Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #174
kchatty347
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, Im Chatty, 24yrs old, Just came across this site the otha day and was quite impressed. My current ride is a 05 BA Mk11 XR8 ute manual shillouette. Im trading it in at end of year for a BF Mk11 Super Pursuit, Cant wait. My previous rides r
- 04 BA XR8 Sedan manual vibe
- 02 AU3 XR8 Pursuit 250 Ute manual blueprint
- 83 XE 351 Fmx
- 78 XC GS 351 Fmx 9in
kchatty347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 12:43 AM   #175
LSD_XR8
BA Boy

Hey all, names Glenn most people call me L.S.D so feel free.

My ride is yet to be posted in Show 'n' Shine ( im onto it though)

Shes a 04 Boss 260, stainless exhaust, bit of cold air and the rest is stock.

Driven fords from day dot with only one exception, Subaru WRX but unfortunately it couldn't take the motorbike anywhere let alone where I want.

Great site guys Im part of our Local Street and Strip club so its great to see a site dedicated to Fords and with such diversity.

Local: Kalgoorlie WA if you dont know it just ask someone about the big hole in the ground (no joke intended)

Thats about it am looking forward to getting to know you all and using the site to the max.

Oh if you ever refer to my car her name is Chastity.
LSD_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 08:18 PM   #176
ONBA1L

hey pplz
my names dave just recently heard bout the site and since im a ford lover and been growing up with them all my life thought id join in on the fun. i own a 1981 ford xd fairmont ghia. cheers dave
ONBA1L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #177
Mongo #650
Starter Motor

Hi all, having a great time reading the various threads on this site and have learnt so much already, and will keep checking regually.
I just purchased an '05 BAII XR6 Shockwave and I am really happy with it. Prior to that I had an XH Ute, and I miss it but love my new XR6.

I love hearing all about ford mods and hope to do some on my BA when I have some extra cash, or when my wife allows it.
Mongo #650 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 10:01 PM   #178
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Welcome to the Forums!
Old 20-08-2006, 11:16 PM   #179
plstktnkr2

Default yankee noob

G'day all. Im from a lil town called Sharpsburg MD (USA)I have several Mustangs and am a Ford nut.
Old 20-08-2006, 11:38 PM   #180
arutha

hey all im a bike nutter from brissy. one of my ford crazed friends convinced me to join up so here i am.