Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #61
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Key Barrel weakness - What has Ford done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
This seems a good solution https://www.frk1.com.au/
great find.
Old 16-08-2017, 11:07 AM   #62
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

http://fordignitionswitch.com.au

Used this kit to fix my father's car and never had an issue since. Couldn't recommend it anymore. Car was fixed in no time.
xr6tjet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-08-2017, 11:27 AM   #63
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olbucko View Post
According to some other threads on this subject Ford changed the design of the switch in mid 08. The new switch is now easily replaceable and can be purchased for $50- $100. Unfortunately the new switch will not fit the older steering columns.
I just rang my local Fraud dealer and my BF wagon was built June/2008 so right where you say they changed the design.

Should i ring back and get a price on a new updated switch?

$100 bucks is alot cheaper than the rebiuld kits?
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #64
suttoo

What are people paying for second hand columns? I think we pay $250, I see someone was charging $750 fitted and people are having a go at Ford pricing?
I have fixed these myself by just refitting the parts and peening again to keep switch in column. There are differing levels of what goes wrong though, this one hadn't completely exploded
1997 EL GT, #102, Manual, 27000kms.
2002 AU3 TS50 #114, Auto
suttoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #65
peterbrock

Is that legit?
peterbrock is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2017, 08:43 PM   #66
peterbrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6tjet View Post

Used this kit to fix my father's car and never had an issue since. Couldn't recommend it anymore. Car was fixed in no time.

They say they're in Brisbane. Might get them out tomorrow if real
Old 17-08-2017, 04:31 PM   #67
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbrock View Post
Bla bla. Can anyone please give me advise about my 06 territory...
You know you are in the 'pub' and if you want vehicle specific answers there are vehicle specific sections on this forum?

But who would want to help you when you demand help in such a rude way in a thread started by someone else anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbrock
So excited to get a notification that someone had replied to me, annnnnnd...
You read the thread you can answer all them questions.
Why did you quote me? I didn't reply to YOU. I replied to the thread which you did not start.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-08-2017, 07:43 PM   #68
peterbrock

No mate I didn't know I was in the "pub" sorry. Didn't even read thread title I just googled my problem and found this thread, I said I have a Ford Territory and was hoping for a response to that as this was a bump
Old 19-11-2017, 06:48 PM   #69
aiboart
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6tjet View Post

Hi,

I am thinking of using this kit for a BA that has lost the return ignition spring function at just over 200,000 kms. For the record there is nothing on the keys apart from the transponder dongle, and, switch is routinely lubricated.

Given the cost of the kit ($300) would you mind please clarifying as to whether you would or would not recommend this approach. It looks like you think it is a good thing but I just want to make sure that I have not misread the context of the comment.

Thanks in advance for any information you may care to offer.

Regards,
John
aiboart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2017, 11:53 PM   #70
josh1990
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had this issue, lost all return function and then the ball bearings from under the spring ended up on the floor when the back fell out completely. My repair cost 4 cable ties and about 20 mins. Oh and a dab of grease. Reassembled switch, using dabs of grease to stop everything falling apart whilst reassembling in vehicle (no need to remove or replace the column). Hit the tabs back down, keeping in mind the fragility of the switch. Then, using some well placed cable ties, the switch wouldn't be able to wiggle even if the tabs lose tension. Problem solvered.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:58 PM   #71
Orzel
Starter Motor

Hi,

I just got this issue with my ignition where my key does no spring back to the on position and I have turn turn it back myself. From reading this thread and others online seems there are a few options from the expensive one of replacing the steering column to a few others. Does anyone recommend anyone who can fix this with install in the Brisbane or SEQLD area and will last?

Also has anyone gone with any of the below and has any feedback?:
Express Locksmiths http://www.expressautolocksmiths.com.au/
Quoted me $400 to fix

Amalgamated Locksmiths www.amalgamatedlocksmiths.net
Quoted me $460 or $330 if I bring them the removed steering column for full install

Ford Ignition Switch www.fordignitionswitch.com.au
Quoted me $650 for full install

Get Teched http://ford.get-teched.com.au/
Quoted $650 for full install

Thanks
Orzel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #72
aiboart
Starter Motor

Mate I had the http://www.fordignitionswitch.com.au/ solution installed by one of their locksmith dealers in Sydney a couple of months ago.

Perfect solution. Just do it. Install time, less than one hour. The steering column stays in the car, only the switch casing is removed and replaced with the custom billet machined part.

Total Cost including parts and installation $250 at their premises

Call http://www.fordignitionswitch.com.au/ to look for locksmith installers in your area
aiboart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2018, 03:34 AM   #73
Jimbo T
Starter Motor

Hi all,
about a month or so ago I was having an issue with the ignition barrel in my ‘07 Ford Territory TS and posted on here and there was a bit of discussion about it.

It was playing up for about a week. I’d start it and most of the accessories wouldn’t work and the only way I could bring them back to life was to jiggle or push the key into the barrel and all came good until one day the key went right around to the stop and wouldn’t even turn the engine over and all that was happening was every light on the dash was flashing. I had to disconnect the battery just to disable the flashing dash display etc.

I Googled everything I could about the problem and finally came across a 24/7 called Reliable Locksmiths owned by a guy named Kevin.
A fantastic service and can’t praise them enough.

I called the number at around 9.00pm on a Saturday night.
and he answered straight away and ran through the pricing and I booked him to come to my place on the Monday in Altona at 10.00am and he was there dead on time.

He fitted the new barrel made by his company in Billet Steel with a lifetime Guarantee for $450 and was gone in 20 minutes.
Cheaper if you can get your vehicle to his premises in Rowville
Everything is now perfect and the lifetime warranty really sweetened the deal.

There was no computer resetting procedures, he just said start it up and enjoy the new ignition switch. The car is now perfect

First class service and can’t recommend his totally professional service highly enough.

Reliable Locksmiths - *0417 439 719‬ - Ask for Kevin.

Hope it helps anyone with ignition switch / barrel issues.

Cheers,

Jim
Jimbo T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: