Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 25-04-2005, 01:17 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Pictures and report from Nostalgia drags

Went out to Calder this Sunday, checked out the Nostalgia drags all cars had to be pre 1975 to qualify or this event.
And what a event it was, it was huge never thought it was going to be this big, it was that busy it took Alex and Rod 45 mins in the food line to get a feed of rubbish...$7 for a Johnny walker and coke emptied Alex's pockets quickly.
I have not seen a crowd like this since the late 90's when Calder had the Nationals, we were parking at the Thunder dome by 11 am.
Never seen so many nice looking cars in one place, it was Nostalgia heaven hot rods everywhere on display.
The drag racing was good watching all these old cars run down the strip...
I have set up a photo bucket account have a look at the pictures there was so many cars you could have had taken pictures all day, best event I have been to for ages, and it looks like ANDRA and Calder Park are coming back together, everyone was taking about a new competition season soon with Victoria involved lets hope so...
They were also testing Auscar's around the thunder dome...
Nearly forgot we ran into Judy and her family there the main reason why the food line was so long.
Didn't see Cam, he was hiding somewhere..
Checkout pics here.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y165/xrfpv8/

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 25-04-2005 at 01:19 AM.
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 11:18 AM   #2
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Went out to Calder this Sunday, checked out the Nostalgia drags all cars had to be pre 1975 to qualify or this event.
And what a event it was, it was huge never thought it was going to be this big, it was that busy it took Alex and Rod 45 mins in the food line to get a feed of rubbish...$7 for a Johnny walker and coke emptied Alex's pockets quickly.
I have not seen a crowd like this since the late 90's when Calder had the Nationals, we were parking at the Thunder dome by 11 am.
Never seen so many nice looking cars in one place, it was Nostalgia heaven hot rods everywhere on display.
The drag racing was good watching all these old cars run down the strip...
I have set up a photo bucket account have a look at the pictures there was so many cars you could have had taken pictures all day, best event I have been to for ages, and it looks like ANDRA and Calder Park are coming back together, everyone was taking about a new competition season soon with Victoria involved lets hope so...
They were also testing Auscar's around the thunder dome...
Nearly forgot we ran into Judy and her family there the main reason why the food line was so long.
Didn't see Cam, he was hiding somewhere..
Checkout pics here.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y165/xrfpv8/
It was a great day out and good to catch up with Mark and Rod on the day.Great pics Mark!
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 11:26 AM   #3
MissUnderstood

Great photo's.
I lurveeeeeeeeeeeeee this one P4230012.jpg
MissUnderstood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 11:34 AM   #4
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
It was a great day out and good to catch up with Mark and Rod on the day.Great pics Mark!
Took me 2 hours to reduce them all and up load...1st time used that camera and they were all way to big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUnderstood
Great photo's.
I lurveeeeeeeeeeeeee this one P4230012.jpg
I have all these in a very high resolution if you or anyone else wants a pic send me a PM with an email address and I will send it to you.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 25-04-2005 at 11:38 AM.
Old 25-04-2005, 11:41 AM   #5
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Took me 2 hours to reduce them all and up load...1st time used that camera and they were all way to big.
Off TOpIc:- Use XP PowerToys image resizer, it is the fastest way of resizing a batch of images imo.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

On TOpic: Thats looks mighty might fun, I love events like that. This is my fav.. Looks like it could been taken 40 years ago, even the building looks spot on for the era...

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #6
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
Off TOpIc:- Use XP PowerToys image resizer, it is the fastest way of resizing a batch of images imo.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

On TOpic: Thats looks mighty might fun, I love events like that. This is my fav.. Looks like it could been taken 40 years ago, even the building looks spot on for the era...
Thanks for the info on resizing the pics, Rod is also looking for something to do it on mass; we will give it a go.
That’s the Calder Park chapel in the back ground, it was removed from another location in 1997 (app) after Bob Jane got into the spiritual side of things when he beat prostrate cancer.
The chapel was fully restored when they moved it to there.
Old 25-04-2005, 11:49 AM   #7
Dodge
i like to be stroked

whats the GO with the lard a$$, did she block out the sun
Old 25-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #8
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
Thats Judy, Cams290's Girl...lol.. :yeees:
Old 25-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #9
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Using that PowerToy all you do if highlight the batch and right-click and it will resize them to whatever size you select. My camera is the same, default size is 2200* something.. Damn poster size hahaha

The chapel and those cars just look great together, nice photos mate

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 12:23 PM   #10
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Thats Judy, Cams290's Girl...lol.. :yeees:
Yeah Mark, Judy had a great day out, she said there was so much food to choose that she didnt know where to look next.
She is looking forward to the next event, and has asked the organizers if they can put a portable KFC on site for her.lol
Old 25-04-2005, 12:33 PM   #11
MissUnderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
That's just WRONG!

ppfftt to you.
Old 25-04-2005, 12:34 PM   #12
MissUnderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Yeah Mark, Judy had a great day out, she said there was so much food to choose that she didnt know where to look next.
She is looking forward to the next event, and has asked the organizers if they can put a portable KFC on site for her.lol
And this is also nasty, maybe they could add a UGLY BOOTH for some of you.
Old 25-04-2005, 01:26 PM   #13
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUnderstood
And this is also nasty, maybe they could add a UGLY BOOTH for some of you.
That's why we drive good looking cars _2:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 02:10 PM   #14
EXECJIM

Thumbs up

What a great day there, the cars and the people were out in force.
The drag racing times there put our "late model plastic" to shame e

If what they said over the P.A was true, it should be back next year :lookedat: and this would be an event i would suggest to every body to go and have a look :lookedat:

Oh yeah, did anybody notice where the return lane was :

See ya there next year :

Jim
EXECJIM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 08:17 PM   #15
SpoolMan

Jim, the white Mustang was very quick..
The green LJ torana that did a 8 sec pass surprised me, after just seeing the air cleaner hanging out of the bonnet, didn't that serious..
Pic of the crowd below

Last edited by SpoolMan; 25-04-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old 25-04-2005, 11:10 PM   #16
EXECJIM

Hi Mark, i would have been sitting right behind you at the top of the grand stand where you took that photo

I hope the have the drags again, it was a great day :

I am going to the winter sun show in Coolangatta in June, cant wait.

Jim
Old 25-04-2005, 11:18 PM   #17
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXECJIM

I am going to the winter sun show in Coolangatta in June, cant wait.

Jim
i lived there for 6 years, left in 1986. still have lots of family on the Coast.
Old 26-04-2005, 08:25 PM   #18
bartaxr8

Default Next Meeting........

I too was at Calder on Sunday and all I can say is F@$%*&g awesome. I stood on the hill all day at about the 1000ft mark and drank beer all day :baby bott (I had my own esky filled with beer). Since the majority of cars we own are either 60's cars or Hot Rods, it was one of the best days drag racing that I have ever been to. And to top it all off, a small block Chev erupted just over the finish line. Also don't know if any of you other guys that were there saw it, but how was the wheel stand that the bricklayer did eh? This car is a EH wagon and when he took off, I swear that the back bumper was nearly touching the track. And did he back off? no way, he still went and ran a 10.74 or something like that. I heard a rumour from a fairly big name in local drag racing, that there is talk of another meet in October. If so the esky and I will be there again. :sm_headba
bartaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 09:28 PM   #19
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartaxr8
I too was at Calder on Sunday and all I can say is F@$%*&g awesome. I stood on the hill all day at about the 1000ft mark and drank beer all day :baby bott (I had my own esky filled with beer). Since the majority of cars we own are either 60's cars or Hot Rods, it was one of the best days drag racing that I have ever been to. And to top it all off, a small block Chev erupted just over the finish line. Also don't know if any of you other guys that were there saw it, but how was the wheel stand that the bricklayer did eh? This car is a EH wagon and when he took off, I swear that the back bumper was nearly touching the track. And did he back off? no way, he still went and ran a 10.74 or something like that. I heard a rumour from a fairly big name in local drag racing, that there is talk of another meet in October. If so the esky and I will be there again. :sm_headba

guess you had better start packing the esky now

Cooper had already done his much talked about wheel stand prior to us getting there but the word from the crew on the track was that the "PARACHUTE" touched the ground & there is a chance that the back wheels were off the ground also

also head a rumour that it droped a valve, maybe it got over reved when the rears were in the air

there is "Video" of this & i am trying to get my hands on a copy, as soon as i do i well see if somebody can host it for us

have plenty of pics from the day, some great & some not so great but will set up a photobucket & post them A.S.A.P.

regards
rod
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 10:22 PM   #20
Chris
AFF.com.au

AAAh yes, Graeme cooper, the bricklayer. Also piloted Tony Buscher's A/S monaro to many superstock wins.

I believe Graeme runs a 327 iron head deal, 750vac with a shot of gassssssss.

I have learnt a lot off graeme over the years. If you guys ever have the pleasure of meeting him, listen up, his words are gold.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 12:41 AM   #21
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
AAAh yes, Graeme cooper, the bricklayer. Also piloted Tony Buscher's A/S monaro to many superstock wins.

I believe Graeme runs a 327 iron head deal, 750vac with a shot of gassssssss.

I have learnt a lot off graeme over the years. If you guys ever have the pleasure of meeting him, listen up, his words are gold.

maybe about 15 years ago but he has been running a 400 for the last few years with a braswell 750 Dp & a huge shot of : gas
Old 28-04-2005, 01:02 AM   #22
Rod

greetings all
for anybody interested in pics of the event i have some up here

http://photobucket.com/albums/y172/rodrocket/?start=0

& my favorite is here

http://photobucket.com/albums/y172/r...05550Small.jpg

this one will show how hard & fast these cars get off the line

http://photobucket.com/albums/y172/r...05568Small.jpg

distant shot of the time board & the car in the background

http://photobucket.com/albums/y172/r...05603Small.jpg

regards
rod
Old 28-04-2005, 01:09 AM   #23
EXECJIM

You know what cars i would have loved to see there??

The Shaker
The spoiler
Midnite cowboy

Does anybody know if there still around :

I guess im showing my age asking about these cars _2:

Jim
Old 28-04-2005, 10:19 AM   #24
xr8ute
Back on the road

thanks for the photos guys...looks like it was an awesome day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
mine too
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 09:13 PM   #25
bartaxr8

Default The Shaker????

Quote:
You know what cars i would have loved to see there??

The Shaker
The spoiler
Midnite cowboy

Does anybody know if there still around :

I guess im showing my age asking about these cars _2:

Jim
Was "The Shaker" that green coloured early Monaro? If so, that car has been restored and was at Calder on the easter weekend. It wasn't running but it looked like a time warp back to early days.
bartaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 01:25 AM   #26
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartaxr8
Was "The Shaker" that green coloured early Monaro? If so, that car has been restored and was at Calder on the easter weekend. It wasn't running but it looked like a time warp back to early days.

that the car, there was a rumour that it was going to make an apperance at the Nostalgia Drags but i guess they didnt get it finished in time

regards
rod
Old 29-04-2005, 07:56 AM   #27
EXECJIM

I didnt see the Monaro there, next time i will walk around with my eyes open :evil_laug
Old 29-04-2005, 06:26 PM   #28
Rod

Quote:
I didnt see the Monaro there, next time i will walk around with my eyes open :evil_laug

hey Jim
no the Monaro wasnt there but from what i have heard they were trying to get it there

just read my post above & its as clear as mud, next time i will open my eye's before i type

regards
rod