Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 04-05-2005, 12:32 PM   #1
ATX5
Starter Motor

Default Injectors Rebuild?

Heard some unusual taping under the bonnet last night and found that one of my injectors in making a little too much noise. I did the old "ear against the screw driver end" trick and found that it was making an awful racket inside. So bad that i could feel it vibrate through the screw driver. Has anyone removed their injectors themselves. If so, how hard is it? I was quoted $220 - $250 r, r & r (remove, repair & replace) all four injectors. I think I could cut the price down a bit by removing them myself. Any info would be helpful.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:54 PM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol your game. If it costs $220 to r, r&r then i could only imagine how much it would be to get new ones. Ill check my service manual for you and get back to ya.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2005, 03:03 PM   #3
ATX5
Starter Motor

While your looking at your manual, can you have a look at where the fuel filter is located and how the hell you get it out. How much did your manual cost. I really want to get a service manual for all those nitty picky things.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:43 PM   #4
tx5

ahaahaha! atx5 i got the same problem still havent found mine!! : i know approx. how much they are at autobarn $40 for a copy or $100 for manufactures real version. the guy in autobarn told me check around the front but i cant see anything... :evilsasmo
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2005, 04:51 PM   #5
KiwiKev

In the TX5 its under the rear seat - try keeping a look out on ebay for a manual got mine pretty cheap there but they get snapped up :-) or try the local public libary - they have manuals --then just photo copy what ya need

Cheers Kev
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 05:54 PM   #6
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To remove the injectors: 2.2l EFI

1 Depressurise fuel system

2 You have to remove the plenum chamber

3 Disconecting fuel supply hose from the pulsation damper and fuel return hose from fuel return pipe

4 Remove the bolts securing the fuel return pipe to inlet manifold.

5 Disconnect injector wiring connectors and pressure regulator vacuum hose

6 Remove the fuel rail retaining bolts and carefully withdraw the fuel rail and injectors from the inlet manifold.

7 Carefully remove injectors from the fuel rail.

Insatllation is reversal of dismantling. Replace the O rings with new ones for the injectors.

This is what the book says and i have no idea how you do it.

The fuel filter is behind the air intake pipe and ignition coil. Cant miss it its the only filter there near the passenger side .

To renew
1 Raise rear seat cushion and disconnect fuel pump wiring connectors

2 Start and run engine untill the engine stalls.

3 Switch ignition to off and reconnect the fuel pump wiring connector.

4 Disconnect the negative battery terminal

5 Disconnect the hoses from fuel filter.

6 Remove bolts retaining fuel filter and mounting bracket and remove both bracket and filter from car.

7 Loosen the fuel filter clamp bolt and remove the filter from bracket.

Install is reversal of dismantling. Make sure the hose with the 90degrees elbow is located at the top though. Secure the hoses with the retaining clamps

Good luck with it i hope it helps. I still not game to do anything myself though.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #7
ATX5
Starter Motor

thanks heaps for the info, but I think i'll just pay someone to do it. To much to go wrong
Old 12-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #8
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah i reckon aswell. After reading and typing it all Im like **** it as if anyone could be bothered doin this. I just wrote what the book said so if the books wrong the your screwed. Good luck with it