Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2018, 03:04 AM   #61
BluePrint Engines
Starter Motor

Default Re: Blueprint crate motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
What does this mean?

*Warranty coverage on engines purchased for use in Australia carries a 90-day warranty from date of sale.
I'm not Eagle, but I would guess that has to do with the GM engines they are selling, or another mfg.
BluePrint Engines is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2018, 03:06 AM   #62
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePrint Engines View Post
I'm not Eagle, but I would guess that has to do with the GM engines they are selling, or another mfg.
That was a direct quote from your warranty page that you linked champ.

Engine Warranty Overview
Your BluePrint engine
is designed for a specific application (automobile or marine) and is only covered by this Limited Warranty when used for its specified application. BluePrint engine part numbers that begin with “B” or “P” are not designed for marine or airboat applications. BluePrint engine part numbers that begin with “M” are designed specifically for marine applications and should not be used in automobiles or airboats. Any engine used for an application other than the one for which it was expressly designed will void this Limited Warranty.
BluePrint Engines expressly warrants that its engines are of good quality and free from defects in materials and workmanship. Purchaser acknowledges that BluePrint Engines has made no affirmation of fact or promise relating to its engines outside this Limited Warranty and that BluePrint Engines has provided the purchaser no description, sample or model of its engines upon which the purchaser has relied in deciding to purchase a BluePrint engine. BluePrint Engines will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace defective parts or a complete engine. All repairs will be made at the seller’s or distributor’s cost, plus applicable labor pursuant to the labor policy set forth below.
PRIOR AUTHORIZATION IS REQUIRED FROM BLUEPRINT ENGINES BEFORE WARRANTY WORK IS BEGUN. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to pay for such work (including labor and parts) and to submit the alleged defective parts, written order showing all charges and a written receipt for payment of all charges to BluePrint Engines for review and determination by BluePrint Engines that the failure is or is not covered by this Limited Warranty. Contact BluePrint Engines at info@blueprintengines.com or 1-800-483-4263 for a numbered authorization. Repairs or replacements do not extend this Limited Warranty.
*Warranty coverage on engines purchased for use in Australia carries a 90-day warranty from date of sale.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 03:09 AM   #63
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dig up stupid

your donks are buckets of sh

admire you banging the warranty card tho

pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2018, 03:11 AM   #64
BluePrint Engines
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
That was a direct quote from your warranty page that you linked champ.

Engine Warranty Overview
Your BluePrint engine
is designed for a specific application (automobile or marine) and is only covered by this Limited Warranty when used for its specified application. BluePrint engine part numbers that begin with “B” or “P” are not designed for marine or airboat applications. BluePrint engine part numbers that begin with “M” are designed specifically for marine applications and should not be used in automobiles or airboats. Any engine used for an application other than the one for which it was expressly designed will void this Limited Warranty.
BluePrint Engines expressly warrants that its engines are of good quality and free from defects in materials and workmanship. Purchaser acknowledges that BluePrint Engines has made no affirmation of fact or promise relating to its engines outside this Limited Warranty and that BluePrint Engines has provided the purchaser no description, sample or model of its engines upon which the purchaser has relied in deciding to purchase a BluePrint engine. BluePrint Engines will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace defective parts or a complete engine. All repairs will be made at the seller’s or distributor’s cost, plus applicable labor pursuant to the labor policy set forth below.
PRIOR AUTHORIZATION IS REQUIRED FROM BLUEPRINT ENGINES BEFORE WARRANTY WORK IS BEGUN. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to pay for such work (including labor and parts) and to submit the alleged defective parts, written order showing all charges and a written receipt for payment of all charges to BluePrint Engines for review and determination by BluePrint Engines that the failure is or is not covered by this Limited Warranty. Contact BluePrint Engines at info@blueprintengines.com or 1-800-483-4263 for a numbered authorization. Repairs or replacements do not extend this Limited Warranty.
You 100% have me there. I have no idea what that is about. I'll be the first to eat my hat if thats the case.
Old 24-03-2018, 03:15 AM   #65
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
You 100% have me there. I have no idea what that is about. I'll be the first to eat my hat if thats the case.
Probably something to do with our extreme temperatures and your 040 blocks..
4 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 03:16 AM   #66
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
dig up stupid
Old 24-03-2018, 03:20 AM   #67
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Thread should be stickied incase any of our Australian brothers who've invested have trouble with their warranties after 12 months..

Seeing as you've gauranteed we're good for 30 months.

Unless you're prepared to delete that little gem from your warranty page in good faith
4 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 03:24 AM   #68
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

Quote:
what other possible reason would we have to go .040? other than to reduce core rejection? the extra cylinder bore sometimes cleans up a bore that we wouldn't attempt to use at .030. Now, i know you knew the answer to that question, so I'm awaiting to see what issue you take with it.
As has been stated more than a few times, to clean up an existing spent +030 block.

That is the first thing that comes to mind when specific answers are not provided.

In all honesty I am not trying to find issues. I am trying to get answers to resolve questions and issues already on the table.

Then, if you are using a virgin factory block, which comes in at -.005 to -.010 under you are going as much as +.050 on the blocks as delivered without sonic checking.

At some point in time there must have been some checks to decide you don't need to. What were those numbers? When you say you don't sonic check, does that include periodic Q/A sampling? What are those numbers? I would think a modern shop would apply some DMAIC methodologies.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 03:32 AM   #69
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im lost at no sonics and 040
4 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #70
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy bruiser View Post
a friend got a Pavtek package engine last year, great motor
I've heard it all now
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 11:26 AM   #71
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
what other possible reason would we have to go .040? other than to reduce core rejection? the extra cylinder bore sometimes cleans up a bore that we wouldn't attempt to use at .030. Now, i know you knew the answer to that question, so I'm awaiting to see what issue you take with it.
If the bit in bold above is true and you use "virgin never bored before blocks" then you need to find another casting factory for your blocks as the current one is rubbish.
Old 24-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #72
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

This is getting messy. Not good mojo for BPE, their rep should've pulled out of this thread after the first post... Solarite_guy is making them look like a pack of fools.
Old 24-03-2018, 12:04 PM   #73
Gee-dog

Engine Warranty Overview
It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to pay for such work (including labor and parts) and to submit the alleged defective parts, written order showing all charges and a written receipt for payment of all charges to BluePrint Engines for review and determination by BluePrint Engines that the failure is or is not covered by this Limited Warranty.
[/QUOTE]

I have no intention of buying a crate motor anytime soon, but if I did the above sentence from their warranty conditions would make me think again. Basically it requires the customer to have the fault repaired, then supply the broken parts, receipts and report to BPE so they can then decide if it's warranty covered or not. I think I'd want to know if they were going to cover it before I started spending more money, s this would determine my course of action.

Good on you Johhny for coming on here, but you seem to be digging a bigger hole for BPE.
Gee-dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #74
d@rk51d3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
If the bit in bold above is true and you use "virgin never bored before blocks" then you need to find another casting factory for your blocks as the current one is rubbish.

Mind you, Rover did similar with its v8's.

From memory, good castings were built into 4.0L engines, out of spec blocks were re-sleeved to 4.6L. Must have been alot of rejects.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2018, 04:56 PM   #75
xm289
formerly millenium_falcon

can we discuss this without getting personal, right or wrong at least the supplier is interacting with us directly.
xm289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2018, 07:51 PM   #76
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xm289 View Post
can we discuss this without getting personal, right or wrong at least the supplier is interacting with us directly.
He has fronted up ....but as can clearly be seen by experienced forum members on here (Solarite guy and co ) buyer beware , just shows if you don't have the technical knowledge or thoroughly researched the specifics of Windsor blocks .....how easy it is to flush 8k down the toilet

USA isn't far away I'm sure the expense for repairing the engine would be reimbursed
Even though at 040 the bores will be paper thin ....and most reputable machinists would bin it , how are you going to repair it ......supposing it's still in 1 piece

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2018, 02:37 PM   #77
BluePrint Engines
Starter Motor

xm289,

It’s good you are doing your doing homework on your purchase. It’s a big investment-and you are right in wanting to know what you are buying.
I’d like to set up a time where one of our tech sales guys can visit with you about your plans. Please email Johnny to set up a time. We can answer any question you have.

I can also give you contact names at our Australian based distributors whom will tell you from their mouths how we are when it comes to service and support, and how our products are. They all sell our engine line as well as that from others, so it’s unbiased information.

I’ll leave you with 4 things:
1. We’ll do everything we can to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase
a. This does include knowing what your intent/budget/expectations are before you buy..so that we can tell you if we have a product that fits your needs
2. You will get a good deal.
a. If you’re able to match what we have “apple to apple” with your other options we’re confident you’ll see that you’ll get a lot for your $$ with Blueprint Engines.
3. We’re not perfect.
a. We make mistakes
b. Parts may fail
c. Unforseen things happen
(all of above happen to everyone)
I’ll promise you that if something happens; we’ll do what we can to take care of you.
4. We hope you’ll become a BluePrint Customer.
-Obviously we want you as a customer, but if you decide to invest your money elsewhere…no hard feelings. You’re still supporting the industry we all LOVE. If ever make it to any of the big US shows like SEMA..be sure to stop in and say hi.

We did incorrectly state our warranty for Australia. I take responsibility for that as Johnny is fairly new to our organization (although his technical understanding of our products are strong as he previously was employed by one of our distributors).

First off, we’re gearheads not experts in International Law…however here’s the summary: Australian Law has provisions that protect the consumer to a much greater extent than what we have here in the USA. (I think that if you looked hard enough you will see that many US manufactures have similar modifications or all together exclusions to their warranty statements.) In order for us to maintain our cost structure; and keep our selling price of the engines affordable to the end consumer, we were asked to change our Australian Warranty at the request of our Australian Distributors.

The products are the same. Each engine is still dyno tested. The service is the same. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is the same. Because of Australian Laws, we elected to lower our warranty liability by reducing the length of our warranty…instead of inflating the costs to the end user to cover said liabilities.

I do encourage you to contact our sales team (directly) or one of our Australian Distributors for additional sales help or testimonial.

We’ve given our $.02 so we’ll now step aside from this thread.

Regards,

Pete Stout
Sales Manager
BluePrint Engines
Old 26-03-2018, 03:49 PM   #78
Bossxr8
Peter Car

What's the go if the engine has issues? Do you expect the purchaser to spend a heap of cash sending the engine back to the USA?

Cause I bet it would probably end up cheaper getting the engine fixed here for a minor issue than having to send it back to the US.

To be fair I wouldn't go near a thin wall block that's been overbored anyway, just curious.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2018, 06:07 PM   #79
Hally

Who are the Australian distributors, particularly Victoria?
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post