Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-05-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
Trendseeker

Default Trivia Questions

Whenever I login to AFF there is anywhere between 500 and 1200 members and guest users logged in. I notice that the maximum number of users ever logged in was 7286 members/guests on 01/07/2012?
Was that a specially organised event?
Old 16-05-2018, 10:51 PM   #2
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Default Re: Trivia Questions

It would have been as a result of an announcement by Ford.
The last Falcon model release, the confirmation of the closing of the Aussie plants, Mustang coming to Australia...something like that.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-07-2018, 10:43 AM   #3
slowsnake
Banned

Hello,
I remember that, it was on 1st July 2012 Australia announced that we would have a Carbon Price!

I was in day surgery that day and all I had was TV all day.
And I just checked it on Google ( God forbid ) to make sure.

Cheers Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-08-2018, 01:37 AM   #4
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendseeker View Post
Whenever I login to AFF there is anywhere between 500 and 1200 members and guest users logged in. I notice that the maximum number of users ever logged in was 7286 members/guests on 01/07/2012?
Was that a specially organised event?
Around 2012, it was not uncommon to see those sort of member numbers and guests online.

June 2012 had a total of 2.6 million visits and there were several days during that month with more than 100,000 visits!

russellw stated on 01/07/2012...

"We currently rank 9th globally amongst all forums and 3rd globally amongst automotive forums. That also leaves us in top spot for Australian Automotive forums.

For page views we currently rank 3rd globally amongst automotive forums and 9th amongst all forums."

That's a testament to how popular AFF was some years ago!
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2018, 09:48 PM   #5
Trendseeker

Did I miss something? The most number of users ever online at AFF was 19,231 on 2/11/2018. The Friday before last. I didn’t get the invitation to the party!