Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 03-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #31
rob270
Starter Motor

So we went out today and did some haggling and drove a MA Zetec to get the idea of it and we both liked it. Good power and handling and generally pretty comfortable.

Pity the trade in on the T was disgraceful which stuffed up the changeover. Admittedly we priced up a new Zetec wagon with the new engine so apparently there is no room to move price wise. I asked for kicks what the Titanium wagon would be and was quoted $56k driveway fitted with a towbar. Odd since the prices that have been quoted / appeared on the internets have been in the vicinity of $48k + on roads so I'd say $51k which would be somewhat reasonable. $56k yeah right.

Going to shop around a bit more obviously but we are a bit disillusioned by the trade in value of the T. Might wait for the end of year sales if we have no luck this week, might be some demo's floating around by then. Don't really want go the private sale route as we will possibly be stuck without a car and that would be rather impractical.
rob270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 03:20 AM   #32
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like typical dealer BS to me. Keep trying - someone out there must want to actually sell you a Mondeo! If you don't need the latest model, then a demo might be the way to go - I saved over $10k when I bought mine.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:40 AM   #33
rob270
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
Sounds like typical dealer BS to me. Keep trying - someone out there must want to actually sell you a Mondeo! If you don't need the latest model, then a demo might be the way to go - I saved over $10k when I bought mine.
Geez, that's an early in the day post, you're not up watching the Tour like me by any chance.

Actually found a demo Titanium but it's a hatch and preference is a wagon but the price is damn good, just need to squeeze the trade a bit more.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:27 AM   #34
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that price for the titanium wagon is pretty crap when you consider they're advertising '09 Zetec Wagons at $31990 drive away... so that means over 20k more for a current Titanium?? pfft... obviously not looking to sell any...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #35
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Hey, I had that 'badge' on my motorbike. Badge was very nice but discoloured in the Oz sun. Badges on my cars have been Ford (6), Subaru (1), Honda (3), Holden (1x'63). I find it quite hard to find vehicles that actually appeal to me given price/size/manual box/body shape equation.

Mondeo kit is really comprehensive, esp. in Titanium/XR5 spec. - both 'feel' luxurious. Falcon FG has h-u-g-e console to bump into - can't see why. Mazda 6 felt small and less kit, and claustrophobic due top low roof/high waist.

And....add 1 more Ford badge arriving/collecting in 3wks....finally (yippee!!).
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #36
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had over $7,000 variation in quotes on the same spec car; it pays to shop around!
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #37
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob270
Geez, that's an early in the day post, you're not up watching the Tour like me by any chance.
World Cup, Argentina vs Germany
Old 04-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #38
NevC
Red Back Ute

Will not get our Zetec till next week. Delay in getting tow bar to fit.

When we went looking, I got an initial quote from a rival dealer, which was basically the advertised drive away cost, with a low $20K trade in. Went to local dealer and said the rival told me they would do more when I was ready to sign up, that is throw in accessories etc. The trade in value was annoying, but looking at what was for sale around, and actual sale prices achieved, i thought there was room for improvement. The high ks on our Terri was the main problem.

Ended up with our Zetec, which was on the showroom floor, with tow bar, tint mats and plastics thrown in, and a mid $20k trade. Last day of financial plus a car in stock I think swung it for us.

Also found out why I cant get seat covers for Mondeo, air bags in side of front seats is reason. I never noticed them in specs.

All I can see for bling is stainless door sill scuff plates from eBay.
BF XR6 Ute, July 2006 build, Seduce, Sports Bars, F6 CAI with K&N Filter, Turbo Upper Snorkel and Terri Air Pipe, Custom Cat Back Exhaust, 3.23 LSD, Lower Grille, Auto Glass, Bluetooth, iPod interface, Tie Downs, Analogue Clock, LED Mods

Hers 2011 SV6 Sports wagon, she has crossed to the dark side of the force.
NevC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #39
rob270
Starter Motor

After a few more enquiries we have decided to keep the Territory for a while longer. The trade in values at the moment are a joke. Not that I expect a million bucks but when they are in the mid to high teens for a 3 year old car with 30K on the clock im pretty disappointed. I'll go the private sale route and see what we can achieve that way.

It seems that after the "mid year" sales the dealers seem to be complacent and one dealer even went as far as saying "if you don't wanna pay that, someone else will" !!!! I drive a hard bargain but I don't think I was being unreasonable by any measure.

Anyway there will be a nice Moondust Silver or Frozen White Zetec TDCi wagon waiting for us around xmas methinks, or am hoping anyway. Reading some of the UK forums there are some horrendous wait times (6 - 7 months) for Mondeo at the moment which would no doubt flow on to us. I just hope this isn't the case as the old supply vs demand certainly keeps the prices high.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #40
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

rob270, I've just come back from the UK and the Mk 4 Mondeo is certainly a popular car. There will probably be an increased demand in the second half of this year because of the new powertrains - Ford can now match VW with the upgraded diesel and Powershift box.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #41
rob270
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
rob270, I've just come back from the UK and the Mk 4 Mondeo is certainly a popular car. There will probably be an increased demand in the second half of this year because of the new powertrains - Ford can now match VW with the upgraded diesel and Powershift box.
UK, Lucky bugger, was over there this time in '09. Anyway, yeah I gathered they are pretty popular, I remembered seeing heaps when we were they last.

Looking at the Ford UK website there is a huge amount of options & customisation to the Mondy over there so no wonder there is a wait. I guess that happens when it is one of Ford's highest sellers. As long as Ford doesn't try to price the Mondeo like the Passat but judging by my recent research into the Titanium wagon @ $55k on roads that is Passat territory. Not that I'd get a Passat !
Old 09-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #42
NevC
Red Back Ute

Rob 270, what model Terri do you have, it seems a very low trade for the km on it.
BF XR6 Ute, July 2006 build, Seduce, Sports Bars, F6 CAI with K&N Filter, Turbo Upper Snorkel and Terri Air Pipe, Custom Cat Back Exhaust, 3.23 LSD, Lower Grille, Auto Glass, Bluetooth, iPod interface, Tie Downs, Analogue Clock, LED Mods

Old 11-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #43
rob270
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevC
Rob 270, what model Terri do you have, it seems a very low trade for the km on it.
Nev, it's only an '07 SY TX all wheel drive so I'm realistic about a lowish trade but when you get offered 16k I would have to argue the point. Using Red Book as a guide only, the low trade for fair condition is about 18k. I had an expectation of somewhere in the low 20k area which would have put us in the ballpark. No amount of negotiation got anywhere near close !

By the sounds of things though, these new diesels are going to be snapped up and we might be looking at huge lead times if the colours we want aren't available. The UK seems to be getting about 4-5 months delivery time. They get a large amount of options though so that might be the hold up I guess.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #44
NevC
Red Back Ute

Rob, it is disheartening to deal with smug salesmen. I get an overwhelming desire to wipe the smart ar*e look of their face.

As we had 92K up, I was not expecting much more than we got, but throw is made the difference to a good changeover price.

There is a Turbo Territory Ghia, 30k up for $35000 at the dealer, 2009 model I think, so that made me consider my trade. There were several other low k Terris there also, with no lookers.\

Keep looking mate

Nev

Old 12-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #45
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's really disappointing to see how Ford has neglected the Terri. I drove one for two days a couple of years ago and was very impressed - amazing on-road handling and comfort. If they put a decent diesel in it, e.g. the Jag V6, and tidied up the interior, they could still sell this by the boatload internationally.
Old 29-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #46
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

POWERFORD, Sydney - has a used 2009 Zetec sedan (MB) in silver, about 46,000 kays or I think, were asking $19,000. I therefore expected a disaster - but drove from near Newcastle down to see it. http://www.csndealers.carsales.com.a...d=12A1F44E2BC8

They talked the paint down on the phone but its fine, need a magnifying glass to see scratch sort of scenario.

They had bought in 5 Mondeo's and had offloaded 3, but wifie bought a 2009 MB Titanium they had instead (16 thou kays & $34,999). Asked for bonnet protector, mats, first aid kit/triangle - got all that. She went for paint and fabric protection $1,200 or so and extended warranty - out to 6 years from Fords regular.

Happy girl. Anyhow another Modeo:

http://www.csndealers.carsales.com.a...d=12A1F48652B1

NB - WISH some bastard would make front fog and headlight covers, friggen plastic headlights chip easily. Can't see GB with these either. Bonnet protectors - thats it.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 29-07-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #47
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
NB - WISH some bastard would make front fog and headlight covers, friggen plastic headlights chip easily. Can't see GB with these either. Bonnet protectors - thats it.
congrats on the purchase. excellent price btw...

i have seen mondeo's with headlight covers (not fog covers though) so they should be available??

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #48
NevC
Red Back Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Try this eBay item number for covers 220463597621

I have not got them so cannot make any definitive statements

Old 30-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #49
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo_broady
congrats on the purchase. excellent price btw...

i have seen mondeo's with headlight covers (not fog covers though) so they should be available??
Not Ford Genuine. I believe they didn't pass ADR - so not sure if the aftermarket mobs are even legal - not that anyone checks aftermarket parts.