Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-02-2005, 11:37 AM   #1
Pik0

Default Mini Ipod or Ipod?

Just wondering what you guys think.

Should i get a mini ipod or a 20gb ipod?
Would usually be using it to and from uni and for trips up the coast in the car with the radio thing...
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 12:00 PM   #2
fordchick
To the Mess Mobile!

Do the mini ones have all the accessories that the big one has? I thought the iTrip was only for the normal 20gb ipod. Oh wait.. just found out you can get a mini one.. hmm. I would still choose the larger one, so i can carry large files between my computers as well. But i guess it depends on how many mp3s you have! Or which one you like th elook of, my friends have only the 20gb ipod and its pretty good. no idea about the mini.

"Sparkes has a purple knob!"

Sparkles, the stuffed toys in my car add kilowatts i swear!! :

http://www.myspace.com/zomg

Last edited by fordchick; 24-02-2005 at 12:04 PM.
fordchick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 01:53 PM   #3
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got my gf the 20GB iPod for Xmas and the TunecastII for her birthday. It takes alot of MP3s to fill the 20GB, and the Tunecast plugs into the headphone socket of ANY portable audio device. So the 5GB would still store quite alot. My MP3 folder on my PC has 2500 songs in 11.5GB - so the 5GB would be enough for alot of music. I got the 20GB because I thought for another $100, you get so much more storage.

Save yourself some money if you're only using it in the car and use a cable connection either into an aux socket on the car stereo, or using the cassette adapter, which I have seen in an electronics store for $12.50 - or you can pay closer to $50 for an Apple certified one. The Tunecast II is $80

Also the Creative labs hard drive players are worth a look too - they have FM radio available as an extra on the Zen Touch, standard on the Zen Micro. The battery is rechargable and removable - so when the battery eventually dies (ie won't recharge), you get another one like a mobile phone - the iPod needs a trip to the service dept.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 02:40 PM   #4
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

just remember ipod dont have radio and can only play mp3 files it cant play wma (which is getting quite popular due to the better quality/size). the Zen mini can do both of these things and store one more gig then the ipod mini
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #5
Pik0

Damn Really liking the look of the zen mini, only problem is the lack of a product that allows me to play over an FM station, as i dont have a tape player in my car (aftermarket h/u)
Old 24-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #6
XR8girl

my bf got me an ipod mini a few months ago and i havent had any problems with it. i only wanted to be able to play mp3s in the car through the radio so its served its purpose pretty well. i didnt want the ipod cos its too big and the mini comes in different colours.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #7
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I mentioned - the Tunecast II FM Transmitter which plugs into the headphone socket of any portable audio device - and is powered by 2 AAA batteries. I read some user reviews and the only people who bagged it were in areas where there were few free frequencies available - mainly in the US - like New York. Here in Melbourne there are sizeable chunks of free frequencies as our airways aren't that clogged
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 05:56 PM   #8
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Don't look past the Sony Hi-MD's...infinate capacity and 9 times the battery life.
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 06:09 PM   #9
Pik0

Used to have one till it got stolen, found thequality wasnt the best...
Old 24-02-2005, 06:19 PM   #10
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selekta
Don't look past the Sony Hi-MD's...infinate capacity and 9 times the battery life.
And 9 times the faults from experience.
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 07:08 PM   #11
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i brought a 3d gen ipod back mid last year i spose it is. Havnt had any probs with it. I never thought i would fill 15gig and crap i nearly have. Dont go witht the mini althought its smaller i would ssay u would soon fill it. Ok and (no offence to anyone) but theres sumthin about them that makes them girly if you know wat i mean. Cant go past the bigeer ones
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 07:46 PM   #12
mick.wheelz

I would go the iPod 20gb if i were you, and try you can get a device calld the iTrip which transmits on an fm frequency from your ipod. It just plugs in the top and you controll it from a menu in your ipod