Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-07-2019, 11:59 PM   #1
lignum1966

Default AU front speakers

I know the stock speakers are 5x7 but does anyone know if they were 2way or 3way ? Trying to work out if mine are standard or replacements. I can see through the grilld that they are 3way. Cheers
lignum1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-07-2019, 12:38 AM   #2
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: AU front speakers

The stock ones are neither. They are dual cone.

If you can see through the speaker grill that they are 3 ways then they are aftermarket.
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2019, 12:58 AM   #3
lignum1966

Cheers , I can see a tweeter and a midrange in the middle of a large blue main cone so assuming these are aftermatket 3 way speakers. Thx for the reply, was gonna put my cadence 400w 3 ways in there but dont think I'll bother for now.
Old 28-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #4
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lignum1966 View Post
Cheers , I can see a tweeter and a midrange in the middle of a large blue main cone so assuming these are aftermatket 3 way speakers. Thx for the reply, was gonna put my cadence 400w 3 ways in there but dont think I'll bother for now.
I'm guessing they are Pioneer speakers as the old Pioneer TS-G series speakers had the blue cone do your speakers look like the ones below ??

BLU-220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #5
lignum1966

The blue cone does but the 2 smaller cones are side by side. They sound ok after looking further in to the sound adjustments on my Kenwood deck so m gonna stick with em, is well loud enough as I'm not getting any younger and my dayghters not big on old people music , you know Floyd, Acdc, Led Zep, Fooeys the usual old stuff !
Old 28-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #6
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lignum1966 View Post
The blue cone does but the 2 smaller cones are side by side. They sound ok after looking further in to the sound adjustments on my Kenwood deck so m gonna stick with em, is well loud enough as I'm not getting any younger and my dayghters not big on old people music , you know Floyd, Acdc, Led Zep, Fooeys the usual old stuff !
Hey!!!

I spent over $2000 on my sound system just to listen to that sort of music.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2019, 03:13 PM   #7
lignum1966

Awesome , when I'm able to start working again Im sure I wil too but it will be in an upgraded car. Driving an AU 2 wagon atm which was given to me by a friend because I couldn't drive my manual EF anymore , looks ordinary, drives very smooth and importantly I'm able to drive it comfortably. Stereo sounds well decent for an $82 mm deck including bt , doubt that I'll bother chucking one of my amps in. May mess with an Android video deck so I can have reversing cam too but not sure I can be bothered with the rewiring in case I wanna swap back straight away.of course it would give me a chance to evaluate them before upgrading the car.
Old 28-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #8
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Here is my set up...

The best thing I did was dynamat.
Old 28-07-2019, 03:45 PM   #9
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

You must be fairly happy with that!
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #10
lignum1966

Nice, I was only looking at Kenwood decks in the latest Repco catalogue ,$369 for the DDX4019BT ,doesnt do DAB+ which doesnt really bother me altho it would be nice, but pretty sure it also doesnt let me use my Android phone as a gps for it or to mirror the gps software on my phone to the deck . Been looking at and reading a lot of user reviews on cheap Android decks that do almost everything,gps aerial included, bt, wifi , Android app store access, but it's luck of the draw on quality apparently unless you pay more and then still luck to a degree and you really want one with the 2 sec on feature ,not be halfway to the shop before your music starts cranking ! A few of the auto stores seem to have Sony or Pioneer at reasonable prices that do BT and have gps built-in or at least it can be mirrored from my phone and also still play spotify and whatever else. My cheapy Kenwood single din deck is pretty nice sounding for the price tho and looking good for a bit yet and spotify works great with it from my phone.