Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 04-11-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Rods new 8 sec Pontiac Rocket

Heres a few picks of Rods new toy it’s a Pontiac Pro Stock car, last owner was Rob Tucker in QLD.
This car was once the Australian Pro Stock record holder.
George Haddad Race Engines has built a new 440ci small block Chevy engine that pumps out 800 H/P ready to go once the car is painted.
Hugo at raceglides looked after the transmission.
The car was to be painted in QLD, now it’s being painted in Melbourne we can be more adventurous with the colour scheme, if you have any ideas put them up in here previous efforts can be seen here.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=66352
The purple colour that can be seen on the rear spoiler Rod has taken a liking too, I don’t mind the orange.

We look forward to seeing some of you interstate members some time next year; we will be doing a few interstate events when time permits...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1567.jpg (43.3 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1568.jpg (47.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1569.jpg (38.1 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1570.jpg (42.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1571.jpg (44.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1572.jpg (32.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1575.jpg (40.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1576.jpg (27.1 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1579.jpg (22.5 KB, 45 views)

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 10:05 AM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Great to see it's finally arrived!
I'll drop around to Rods for a good old stickybeak when time permits!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Absolutely love the Pro Stock category and its great to see someone else getting out on the circuit. All the best to Rod and his pit crew.
Oh and by the way, you can always go for the purple with orange highlights!
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #4
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Very very nice...

That ought to give a few of you your drag racing fix.....

Mark, you get to drive her??? :Reverend:

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #5
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
Absolutely love the Pro Stock category and its great to see someone else getting out on the circuit. All the best to Rod and his pit crew.
Oh and by the way, you can always go for the purple with orange highlights!
I also love the Pro Stock class, everyone must run a manual gearbox and carburettor, sadly this cars pro stock days are over.
Rod is thinking of having 2 engines so he can also change classes, the main aim of this car is to have fun with it at HPR & Calder and run a few meets during the comp season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon

Mark, you get to drive her??? :Reverend:
We discussed this today I said no way, Rod says a pedal down HPR is in order not that keen to jump from a F6 to something like this....

Old 04-11-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
We discussed this today I said no way, Rod says a pedal down HPR is in order not that keen to jump from a F6 to something like this....
You only live once.................... Go on..... Do it..... Whats to lose? :voldar02:

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #7
strife

Quote:
Heres a few picks of Rods new toy it’s a Pontiac Pro Stock car, last owner was Rob Tucker in QLD.
This car was once the Australian Pro Stock record holder.
George Haddad Race Engines has built a new 440ci small block Chevy engine that pumps out 800 H/P ready to go once the car is painted.
Hugo at raceglides looked after the transmission.
The car was to be painted in QLD, now it’s being painted in Melbourne we can be more adventurous with the colour scheme, if you have any ideas put them up in here previous efforts can be seen here.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=66352
The purple colour that can be seen on the rear spoiler Rod has taken a liking too, I don’t mind the orange.

We look forward to seeing some of you interstate members some time next year; we will be doing a few interstate events when time permits...
I thought of doing something adventurous on colour on my car but was smartly advised it may be better initially to go with something simple that can be colour matched anywhere incase of the odd mishap
strife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #8
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife
I thought of doing something adventurous on colour on my car but was smartly advised it may be better initially to go with something simple that can be colour matched anywhere incase of the odd mishap
Its a good point, what type of car do you have?

Old 04-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #9
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very nice indeed!! Will look even better when its finished and hopefully goes harder than it looks!!
Ill have to go and give rod a visit, been too long.
Whats he done with the monza? That was a beast of a car!!
Congrats rod, and thanks mark for posting up the pics.

cheers, phil.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #10
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj

Whats he done with the monza? That was a beast of a car!!
Hi Phil, its for sale as a roller with a strange diff centre around $10k..

Old 05-11-2006, 07:50 AM   #11
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Looks great Mark !
I hope all goes well for the team.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #12
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice... I'd go for orange myself .. you listening Rod ??
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #13
ridefox
nitro addict

Quote:
come on Mark go for it just bring a 2nd pair of jocks and some dunny roll and ull be fine
or are u worried the power of the F6 will never feel the same again :
ridefox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #14
strife

Quote:
Its a good point, what type of car do you have?
group 2 monaro about 7/10ths completed
strife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 11:26 PM   #15
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife
group 2 monaro about 7/10ths completed
Make sure you get a thread up here, we would love to have a look at it at any stage your ready to show us..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridefox
come on Mark go for it just bring a 2nd pair of jocks and some dunny roll and ull be fine
Young Matty, forget top fuel, bring on top spool...lol..J/K... :

Here is link to more pics, the car can be pulled apart in 10 mins.
New carbon fibre dash is being made, all windows will be replaced with new ones shortly..
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...ocket/Pontiac/

Old 06-11-2006, 12:19 AM   #16
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridefox
I think there were worries of him leaving GT stripes in the passenger seat of the Monza, this will be even worse :hihi:
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 12:27 AM   #17
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I think there were worries of him leaving GT stripes in the passenger seat of the Monza, this will be even worse :hihi:
the stripes will be like the ones on Firefox's or Jim's T3 :
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 12:36 AM   #18
Coupe460

Correct me if i am wrong but that is the ex JOHN SMITH AND ROD WARE PONTIAC pro stocker.
Rob tucker had an oldsmobile cutlass and dave tucker had a couple of camaro's one an /mp car now in steve athans hands and the other a b/gas car. cheers jai.
Coupe460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #19
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Have you finished the washing and ironing yet? :ymca:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
the stripes will be like the ones on Firefox's or Jim's T3 :
Maybe like the rainbow stripes you want on your XA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC460
Correct me if i am wrong but that is the ex JOHN SMITH AND ROD WARE PONTIAC pro stocker.
Rob tucker had an oldsmobile cutlass and dave tucker had a couple of camaro's one an /mp car now in steve athans hands and the other a b/gas car. cheers jai.
Rob Tucker owned the car, Rod Ware owned the motor and was the driver.....there are some strange arrangements in drag racing..
Rod Clarke (new owner) went out and visited Rod Ware picked up the header pipes..

Old 06-11-2006, 11:01 AM   #20
rodderz

Quote:
Have you finished the washing and ironing yet? :ymca:
Nah but if Rod gives you a ride you might be doing some too _2:

Should be a fast beast, I'll be out to support and watch Rod get back onto the track when it's all right to go
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #21
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC460
thats the car Jai
it was originally owned by John Honan who sold it to Wayne & Dave Missingham who sold it to John Smith ( Smith & Ware )

John traded it to Rob in a deal with the new car that Shane drives

regards
Rod
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 12:29 AM   #22
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Mmm Nice new Toy, Enjoy!!!

(TT Pursuit was better : )
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #23
eatalot

Looks the goods,that car is very very old though what plans have you got in the chassis department.Would of been nice to buy a ford though
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post