Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 20-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #1
MrFusion
Starter Motor

Default MC hatch rear number plate holder

Hi guys,

I picked up a 2010 Zetec TDCI hatch yesterday and noticed the number plate on the rear looks to be mounted wrong. I suspect that there was supposed to be a plate holder there originally?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rearplate.jpg (114.9 KB, 38 views)
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2015, 11:56 AM   #2
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Dad's one has holes drilled through the center of the plate. Someone was lazy is my guess
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #3
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: MC hatch rear number plate holder

Yeah whom ever did that is a clueless tard. When you close the hatch it's gonna flap and vibrate every time. Mine does even with the correct holder (something I've been meaning to tend to).

The License plate rear backplate holder is suppose to screw into the boot, then fit the license plate and then fit the front cover to the backing.

You can get a proper holder for around $30 if you wanted to OP.

When checking out a 2015 Mondeo TitX a couple of months ago they were in the process of scraping/removing the foam backing to fit the License plate directly onto that area like your pic shows OP. Talk about making a complete hash of it, prepsol wasn't doing jack.

I just can't believe they're that tight to not finish it off with a proper holder. The guy didn't even get all of it off, only what was seen beyond the plate.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2015, 08:45 AM   #4
Binny

I'm seeing a lot of cars with plates fitted like that now. I don't know if its because the backing plates break so they screw the number plate into whatever holes line up on the car. Always crooked too. The OCD in me starts to twitch when I see them
Old 21-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #5
MrFusion
Starter Motor

Cheers guys.

I ended up speaking to Neil from secureaplate and he assured me he had something that would sort it out, so I've ordered it and will see how I go.
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2015, 10:30 AM   #6
sailaway

Wink Re: MC hatch rear number plate holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFusion View Post
Hi guys,

I picked up a 2010 Zetec TDCI hatch yesterday and noticed the number plate on the rear looks to be mounted wrong. I suspect that there was supposed to be a plate holder there originally?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
After taking mine from the dealer up to the RTA for reg and plates I took it back to the dealer as they were close by and got them to fit the plates.

A guy came out with a bag carrying a cordless drill and self tapping metal screws.

After telling me the number plate screw holes don't match just lined the plates up and drilled them on.

They seem okay although I had to undo them to get rid of the dealers number plate surrounds with its advertising on them.
2010 Ford Mondeo Zetec TDCi Diesel

Colour: Frozen White
sailaway is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post