Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-11-2010, 01:15 AM   #241
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair302
Independant intro to game...

MAD!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Axka5IMyA

That sold me on the game. I was two minds because of the whole 1million mazda miatas etc lol, but that video was just awesome. Polyphony need to pay him some money.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 01:17 AM   #242
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
I'll believe it when i'm putting it into my PS3....

better get crackin and finish new vegas by then

I am on my second play through. First play took me 27hrs and that was just following the story pretty much, this time I am 20hrs in level 17 and trying to kill caesar. I killed him and managed to get away but cass is stuck there unconcious and everytime I return I get hammered. Anyway that is for another topic lol.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #243
2002au
Define definitive

only 1 week to go looking forward to this
BF F6 TYPHOON in NEO #718 ~ 356rwkw :
BF XR6 TURBO in SILHOUETTE
2002au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #244
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

this was going to be the only reason i bought a PS3. Think i'll get an xbox and forza4 bundle when released.

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #245
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDZ
this was going to be the only reason i bought a PS3. Think i'll get an xbox and forza4 bundle when released.
Agree.

I dont think i will buy another Sony PS unit. Simply put, GT would be the only game series i would play on there, all other games, are multi platform, so its irrelevant what you get.... I think the XBOX is shaping up better for my personal situation
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #246
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i wonder if it will have engine and drive line swaps like forza 3 I think its fun trying to drive a Barina thats RWD and has a LS7
mrghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #247
xy500
Constant annoyance

i hope you can adjust tyre widths more than a few sizes from the factory width, like in forza 3. Muscle cars just dont go fast enough with 245 tyres!
Old 18-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #248
Chopped
as in chopped

Speaking of the car list, I heard a rumor GT5 was delayed due to 5 cars having to be taken out of the game (at the last minute). The cars in question did not have permission from whoever the vehicle maker/s was/were to be used in the game.

I wonder if FPV was involved, or maybe it is just a coincidence.
Old 18-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #249
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
Speaking of the car list, I heard a rumor GT5 was delayed due to 5 cars having to be taken out of the game (at the last minute). The cars in question did not have permission from whoever the vehicle maker/s was/were to be used in the game.

I wonder if FPV was involved, or maybe it is just a coincidence.
Makes me laugh about this whole permission crap, you'd think manufacturers would be running to these guys for product exposure to the masses.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #250
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Makes me laugh about this whole permission crap, you'd think manufacturers would be running to these guys for product exposure to the masses.
I agree. I have discovered cars I like whilst playing the GT series that I wouldn't have otherwise heard of.
Old 18-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #251
XRFutura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes i'm disappointed about about the no aussie fords in the game, but there are plenty of cars in the game i'm looking forward to driving, one is the new dodge challenger. Been a big fan of it since its release, just a little bit out of my price bracket.

Another huge bonus Top gear test track!!!

Can't wait to start racing!

Past Vehicles:
2015 Ford Territory TS MKII - diesel burner
2016 Ford FM Mustang GT - The Dream Car
2007 FPV BF MKII GT - popping the V8 cherry
1997 Ford EL Falcon Futura - 6 cylinders of fury
XRFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #252
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

nothing this thread has spoke of is anything that rFactor ( a TRUE sim ) hasn't been doing for years. Every single day I wrestle with 31 other cars around bathurst, with tyre temps, clutch temps, brake temps and adaptable AI. No console can do that. Don't be fooled, if you buy a console, then you're buying GAMES for that console. If it doesn't come with a clutch, then dont whine about physics.

Its just a huge shame that those producers have such rediculous budgets, when those of us after true simulation are left to make the games ourselves. Before you flame me, I skin UVW maps.

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #253
Falconxr68

Default Gran Turismo 5

Anybody pre-ordered it? Its $77 at Harvey Norman

I'm a little disappointed because I don't think there are any Falcons in it
Falconxr68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #254
Cam
Stroking it...

Pretty sure there are elevety-nine threads on GT5 already..

But yes, only the AU V8 Supercar, and no I have not ordered it. I was going to fork out for a PS3 just for this game, with the lack of aussie cars I will not bother

EDIT:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11314780
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11312646
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #255
2002au
Define definitive

i've preordered it just got a call from eb games to let me know its out thursday
BF F6 TYPHOON in NEO #718 ~ 356rwkw :
BF XR6 TURBO in SILHOUETTE
2002au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #256
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I am waiting for it as well ... but knowing Polyphony ... it'll be delayed for another year.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #257
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

NIIIIIICE Intro.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #258
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
But yes, only the AU V8 Supercar, and no I have not ordered it. I was going to fork out for a PS3 just for this game, with the lack of aussie cars I will not bother
Agreed, I bought a PS3 initially for the GT5 Prologue, and then sold it thinking I will buy one again when GT5 comes out.

The car list is sorely dissppointing, not by numbers, but by content, and the fact that Polyphony has decided that after 6 years or whatever that it insults us with only a small number of premium vehicles, and really a very small number of cars made AFTER 2005..

Where are all the new models? Its just like GT4 with better graphics, some new tracks, some fancy schmancy new premium cars, and no Aussie cars.

Im sorely dissappointed in that and the fact that there are GLARING deficiencies in the list when you look for actual new models from 09' onwards. No MK6 VW Golfs? No Renaultsport Clio 200's? No FG Falcons? Come on. 50 goddamn skylines and 50 goddamn lancers and hondas. Sorry, its just the same thing Poly has churned out since day one with better graphics and the topgear track.

Ive bought EVERY GT game. I refuse to buy this one...

-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #259
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Agreed, I bought a PS3 initially for the GT5 Prologue, and then sold it thinking I will buy one again when GT5 comes out.

The car list is sorely dissppointing, not by numbers, but by content, and the fact that Polyphony has decided that after 6 years or whatever that it insults us with only a small number of premium vehicles, and really a very small number of cars made AFTER 2005..

Where are all the new models? Its just like GT4 with better graphics, some new tracks, some fancy schmancy new premium cars, and no Aussie cars.

Im sorely dissappointed in that and the fact that there are GLARING deficiencies in the list when you look for actual new models from 09' onwards. No MK6 VW Golfs? No Renaultsport Clio 200's? No FG Falcons? Come on. 50 goddamn skylines and 50 goddamn lancers and hondas. Sorry, its just the same thing Poly has churned out since day one with better graphics and the topgear track.

Ive bought EVERY GT game. I refuse to buy this one...

-Dan
Summed it up perfectly
Old 21-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #260
WMD351
Size it up

There's supposed to be a lot of new cars coming out via DLC I think.
Yeah I was just at EB and when I laughed at the suggestion that it's due out this week the counter jockey showed me photos of box's and box's of the game sitting in EB's head office.
Although I wouldn't put it past Polyphony to recall it...
Hey I just noticed that you can't spell Polyphony without the word phony
WMD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #261
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

You blokes are the biggest bunch of whingers around.

Good luck finding another racing game with the same level of detail, realism and depth as GT5 will have.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #262
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
You blokes are the biggest bunch of whingers around.

Good luck finding another racing game with the same level of detail, realism and depth as GT5 will have.
We are the consumers, we are allowed to whinge, they are making a game to please us, the consumers.. And in this instance we are Australian and would like to be able to play the game with cars that are relevant to us, Australian consumers..
Old 21-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #263
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

but everyone will still buy it lol, been waiting too long not too.
10.25@138mph FG XR6T (new toy) (Nizpro)
Black F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #264
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
We are the consumers, we are allowed to whinge, they are making a game to please us, the consumers.. And in this instance we are Australian and would like to be able to play the game with cars that are relevant to us, Australian consumers..
98 or 99% of those consumers are in Europe, Asia and America. What do you expect them to do?

As I said earlier, the culprit is not Sony or Polyphony but FPV/Ford. I'd bet everything I have that there wasn't time to model the new cars and FPV withheld the rights to the older models, not wanting to advertise an inferior (next to the current GT and F6) line up.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #265
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
I don't think they made the game with a tiny % of Australian consumers in mind...That'd just be unrealistic.

I think cos it's taken so long for this game to come out every man and his dog is up in arms about it not catering for their exact needs.

It's a game, treat it like one...if you want to drive a ford, go out into your garage and knock yaself out, son.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #266
kinksta
Luxojet

I think some people are forgetting that there are more games on the PS3 than just GT.
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #267
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Yeah, I can sort of see the frustration but, seriously, not buying a game for its lack of Australian cars is a bit silly considering they will be rubbish compared to the others on offer.
We are a tiny dot of dust in the car world.
I will say this though, a Ford Forums F6 310 or GT 335 challenge around the Top Gear Test track would have been awesome !
Old 22-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #268
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I am waiting for it as well ... but knowing Polyphony ... it'll be delayed for another year.
I pick up my copy Thursday

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #269
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

I'ld say that there will be some Aussie cars as DLC, we'll i hope...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #270
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Ford AU 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 '00
Ford 2010 Carl Edwards #99 Aflac FORD FUSION '10
Ford Ford GT '06
Ford Ford GT LM Race Car
Ford Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
Ford GT40 Race Car '69
Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
Ford Mustang GT '05
Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
Ford Mustang V8 GT
Ford RS200 '84