Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-11-2010, 12:49 AM   #421
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well how about that. I didn't realise they considered the GT World series Championship the Finale. I am currently watching the end credits. I can't say just how good that Challenger is, I won a few races by 30 secs. Now I have the veyron for winning gold in every event.

Now running an 1160bhp 1400kg Veyron. When adjusting the transmission it can go out to a max of 480kmh. Pitty they did not make it a premium car but, it would have been nice to see the interior.

Last edited by EDfutura25; 29-11-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2010, 07:41 AM   #422
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I found a 1965 GT350R Mustang .... My GOD..

White with blue stripes , and it goes like stink!! Love it!
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

After a patient 2 years...
Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
XRSIKS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #423
3vXT

Yeah, its awesome.

Tops out at about 210 because its geared so short but it gets there pretty quickly. A set of gears and a few other minor bits and pieces and it'll be perfect imo. It's strange though, it was a single spinner in GT4 (first thing I fixed) but feels like it has an LSD now???
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #424
PRO-GT

has anyone found the AU or VY SS
i cant find it anywhere:(
only found a monaro at the very start
anybody have any clue how to get these cars
2007 BF GT Cobra 6 spd manual #43- SOLD
2016 Mustang GT - Current
2010 XR6 Turbo 50th Anniversary - Sold
2006 BF MKII XR6 Turbo Seduce - Sold
2006 BF MKI F6 Typhoon Toxic - Current
PRO-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #425
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

They'll pop up in the used car lot...

I just picked up the Amuse Carbon R (34) for 246g....1100kg, 741hp, RWD. Goes like stink.

Audi R8 Quattro is awesome too, 873hp fully tuned. Handles a dream too.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #426
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
For anyone that wants to add my PSN is the same as here FPV8U.

I'll be giving some online stuff a go later this week.
Once I get my game and have a thrash about Ill give you a run... or be beaten by you!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #427
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Serious probem, after the install, online update and chromeline download, i cant access any new cars, or any cars in arcade :-(

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #428
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Myself and this game have a love hate relationship. One minute I hate the woefull graphics portrayed on some cars and the lack of ability to upgrade the way you want, the rather crappy sounds, then I drive the Challenger or the Veyron and love it again.
Old 29-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #429
WMD351
Size it up

Really sad that they didn't reproduce the sunlight through the trees effect on Trial Mountain, that used to be magical. But asides from that this game rocks. Car list is awesome, loading times are a tiny tad long but so what. Better than the games I used to load on audio tape for the C64
WMD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #430
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

This game would be awesome if i could actually play it, not much love for it right now.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #431
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Just found out that the damage modelling on premium cars increases as you level up. Was wondering why I had no damage after rolling my M3.
Old 30-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #432
3vXT

I dug out GT4 today (to retrieve my GT350R settings ) and was amazed at how similar the cars looked to the 'standard' cars in GT5. The tracks and background looked dodgy but the music and menu was better :(

I'm still very happy with the physics in GT5 and the background graphics but i'm struggling to find anything else it does better than the older game. I'll keep plugging away, not going to give up on it.

EDIT: Do we really need 18 different GT5 threads? Its getting to be a PITA.
Old 30-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #433
EF-MattyB
EF-Weapon

Default gt5

So i decided to bite the bullet and went out and bought a logitech gt force feedback wheel. Was looking around on ebay and they were around the $225 del mark (rrp $299). So i thought i would check out Dick Smiths and noticed they had 1 left in stock....for $138. Bought it straight away.

Played it for a good couple of hours last night and all i can say is wow. It completely changes the feel of the game. It actually makes it harder in a way (not just a joystick and buttons), but soooooo much better at the same time.

Im up to level 17 atm, and im saving to get the cammer mustang!!!!

Will get some pics of my cars and post up tomoro.
EF-MattyB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #434
Spudz27
Call me Spud

My love hate relationship is at boiling point. I have to decide by tomorrow whether or not the game was worth my $77, why the **** do you have a racing series but not ****ing offer any of the cars needed for sale. I want to do the pickup truck series and complete the amatuer series, but do you think one of the manufacturers has a pick up in their new car or used car line up? No of course they don't, because it would defeat the purpose of ****ing me off by offering one. Returning the game is currently ahead by a nose.
Old 30-11-2010, 11:42 PM   #435
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

I have seen the SVT lightning pickup in the used yard several times. Bought the Monaro today to just for fun.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #436
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well sorry to say that I am returning the game today. I just can't get past not offering cars for sale when those same cars are needed in a series. This mixed with some other flaws just pushed me over the edge. I almost threw my controller this morning after not being able to get a car for the pickup series. If you are going to have a series, at least offer 1 of the cars for sale instead of making it randomly appear if you are lucky.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #437
hardlynormal

Can't find a car to do a particular series?
do a different series..

or do a race then check again..

its not that complicated.
hardlynormal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #438
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^ +1

I did some other races or licences or special events while waiting for a particular car.

Just now I've had a Dodge RAM 1500 come up so I bought it for when I tackle the Pick-up races.
Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #439
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

yeah I dont mind that "feature"..I dont want to finish the game in a week
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #440
hardlynormal

I've got an F150 lightening, and i've seen the Tacoma come up.
hardlynormal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #441
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

..... Pretty sad reason to trade in a game...

I just finished getting gold on my 2nd licence. Did a heap of special events... and hey look, over $600,000.... if a car isnt available , buy a new one Ferrari 512BB 76 model worked on alot of events
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #442
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

btw, b-spec is also easy cash!
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #443
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Im on level 14 atm.... Slow progress because I want my wheel and cockpit!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #444
3vXT

There are (allegedly) 40 levels and the XP needed between each one increases a lot (think online MW2 or black ops but more extreme). This is going to be a major problem later on when you need several million XP to move up one level and are stuck repeating races for ####XP to level up. It's going to get very boring very quickly.

I won't take the game back, i'm happy with the physics, and some of the tracks/cars but I have no problem at all with anyone who doesn't feel this is worth the money they paid. I feel a little ashamed that I defended (mostly) the long wait and told everyone that it will be worth it when the game finally arrives. If it was a dinosaur it'd be a failasaurus rex.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #445
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
There are (allegedly) 40 levels and the XP needed between each one increases a lot (think online MW2 or black ops but more extreme). This is going to be a major problem later on when you need several million XP to move up one level and are stuck repeating races for ####XP to level up. It's going to get very boring very quickly.

I won't take the game back, i'm happy with the physics, and some of the tracks/cars but I have no problem at all with anyone who doesn't feel this is worth the money they paid. I feel a little ashamed that I defended (mostly) the long wait and told everyone that it will be worth it when the game finally arrives. If it was a dinosaur it'd be a failasaurus rex.

Haha it's not that bad. Some of the modeling on the standard cars is not as flash as the premiums and shadow effects need a bit of work but aside from that it's fantastic. Driving physics are awesome and the tracks look great. So many different races and modes and I haven't even been online yet (fail ps3). Excellent game.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #446
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Come on, if anything, driving ANY car you like on the topgear test track :P

Ferrari 430... 1:10.00
Lamborgini Mercilago *spelling* 1:06.00

Lotus Elise 02 model, tricked out with custom installs....

1:02.00
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #447
XR6TLuvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrgt
has anyone found the AU or VY SS
i cant find it anywhere:(
only found a monaro at the very start
anybody have any clue how to get these cars

had any luck finding it yet man?
XR6TLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #448
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by My poor XF
Haha it's not that bad. Some of the modeling on the standard cars is not as flash as the premiums and shadow effects need a bit of work but aside from that it's fantastic. Driving physics are awesome and the tracks look great. So many different races and modes and I haven't even been online yet (fail ps3). Excellent game.
Hey, I don't have a problem with how the cars look. I'd rather they were all the same but the standard ones still look good to me. It's every other little thing that adds up.

- Every time I load it up I have to sit through 3, two minute attempts to connect to the server. I've put in more than a few hours at different times of day, downloaded the patch it has made zero difference. I'm not too concerned with playing online until I've made some progress through the single player but its affecting me anyway. Its not the PS3's fault, all my other games have no issues (even GT5 Prologue), there is no problem connecting to the PSnetwork, its the GT5 servers that are overwhelmed or whatever. Polyphony/Sony have had plenty of time to prepare for this. Why on earth does the game need to connect to the server when it loads the disc, when it reaches the main menu and again when i try to enter the GT menu bit??? Why not just connect when I want to play online? Instead, the makers of the game have forced every single person that bought the game and has an internet connection onto their servers stuffing it up for everyone. Maybe this makes sense in crazy japanland but I'm still trying to figure out how anyone benefits from this.

- Why can't i load up a save game? If I want to do this I need to quit the game and go through the server crap again. I've also heard that the save game data is copy protected so we can't make a back up.

- Why do I have to unlock more severe damage? This is a driving simulator, if a P plater crashes their car does it result in less damage than a more experienced driver who has the same crash.

- Why do all the tyres on different cars have the same level of grip? Road cars come with comfort tyres which all have the same level of grip. Do you really think the standard tyres on a lambo murcielago have the same grip levels as the standard tyres on a toyota echo? Need an example? Try the Elise/top gear lap with 'comfort tyres'. I'm sure there are a lot of Elise's getting around with 'comfort tyres' on

- There are lots of cars and lots of different races but how is this any different to the previous games? GT4 had over 700 cars and 51 tracks. Why can't we do a standing start on the top gear test track? How are we meant to compare our times? The car list has been complained about a lot for good reason. Why is the last twin turbo supra not a premium car? Why is the bugatti veyron not a premium car? There are some great new cars and many of the ones from GT4 are still awesome but some of them look directly ported over. Sorry but that screams lazy to me. How ******* arrogant are polyphony/sony if they think that 700 old cars plus 250 new cars and 50 premium cars was worth the wait?

- The AI is as bad as ever. Try watching a replay but switching to one of the AI cars, it's a joke. If i remember correctly GT3 had upgraded AI (over the previous two games) but I can't remember the details and it certainly hasn't changed since then. It's only been 9 years though, maybe they'll look at it for GT6.

If I were ranking the previous GT games they'd all get 10/10 (in their day). This is a 9 or 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 4/10 game. It would have been crap if it had been released a year after GT4, its still crap now.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #449
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
Well sorry to say that I am returning the game today. I just can't get past not offering cars for sale when those same cars are needed in a series. This mixed with some other flaws just pushed me over the edge. I almost threw my controller this morning after not being able to get a car for the pickup series. If you are going to have a series, at least offer 1 of the cars for sale instead of making it randomly appear if you are lucky.
It's just part of the game mate. Some series come up and certain times, or when you get a new skill/license etc. You win a car at other times and if you win a car that is needed for a particular race you use it if you wish.

I think some people expected the game to be like playing a TV footage quality race sim, when in all seriousness it may not be even possible. Close in replays, but not during live racing.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #450
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TLuvr
had any luck finding it yet man?
I've only seen the monaro too. The SS was modelled pretty well in GT4 so I can't wait to see it this time.