Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #361
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Does anyone know if the 6 axis controller can be used for steering on GT5?
If you mean the standard ps3 controller then yes of course you can. It's what I'm using at the moment. If you mean turning by physically moving the controller itself (like wii) then no.
Old 26-11-2010, 04:37 PM   #362
wozman

i wish they made it so u can driver all the cars from inside!!!!!
wozman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #363
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by My poor XF
If you mean the standard ps3 controller then yes of course you can. It's what I'm using at the moment. If you mean turning by physically moving the controller itself (like wii) then no.
Yeah I meant like a mini steering wheel like wii. Shame, it would have been just that bit better if it could do that.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #364
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Do you mean pickup trucks? There is a specific race for them so there must be a few.

You can drive any of the cars in your garage, you just need to select them as a 'favourite'. Don't ask me why they needed to make it so convoluted, I have no idea.
BMW x5, Audi Q7, range Rover Supercharged, Porsche Cayenne, Jeep SRT8.
Are all fast SUV's and Forza has them all.
This game has a freaking Prius! But it doesn't have these V8 SUV's that can reach 270km/h without any mods. I don't understand.

Yes I know about the favorites, but in Forza you can drive ANY car in arcade mode right from the start, whether you own it or not. It's good to be able to test drive the cars in arcade mode before you actually buy them.

Last edited by Ben73; 26-11-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #365
XXRR-50
Formerly ORSMT-2

What's modifying/upgrades like? Can u swap engines/drive trains like in forza? Also can you hire a driver to race for you(again like in forza)?

Previous cars:
'03 BA G220 Fairlane
'00 T2 TE50 #063(ORSMT-2)
'96 EFII Fairmont Ghia 5l V8(TOPGIA#2)
'03 BA Fairmont Ghia I6(TOPGIA#1)
'94 ED XR6(TKFRD-6)
'93 EB S-XR6

FOR SALE: ORSMT-2 NUMBER PLATES
XXRR-50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #366
bafel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
I am also suffering from horizontal lines when turning as the game can't refresh the image fast enough, there is a name for it.
sounds like your tv is having trouble processing the framerate of the game. Try a different picture mode setting, HDMI cable. May also be heat related.
bafel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #367
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well I am officially saying this game sucks. I just tried to make my silvia look good, "oh no you can't do that" says the game. Then I find out getting the B licence was a totally pointless excercise as you have to create a driver to race B class for you. Damn this game.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 12:18 AM   #368
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sound like they need another 5yrs to make it better. come on forza 4
mrghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #369
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

ED, I think your missing the point.......... your B lic and B spec are different things.

Think of b spec like being team manager.

A spec is the racing one.

As for Silva's (ignoring the fact nothing could make them look good)..... only 'premium' cars can change rims if thats what your talking about.

Now Quattro RS3 powered
bdave351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #370
Joshmcmillan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Come on guys, give it a chance... it's a GREAT game. The driving is better then in any other racing game imo (incl Forza 3)... Just because you can't modify every car exactly how you want doesn't make it a bad game.

BTW, it's on special at Big W and Target for $78.

FG XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Silhouette .

12/78 XC Ford Fairmont Project Car. (351, 5spd)
Build Thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444473

1968 Ford F350 LWB Dually. 300 Six, 4 speed. Beavertail project.

Joshmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 12:44 AM   #371
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdave351
ED, I think your missing the point.......... your B lic and B spec are different things.

Think of b spec like being team manager.

A spec is the racing one.

As for Silva's (ignoring the fact nothing could make them look good)..... only 'premium' cars can change rims if thats what your talking about.
Ahh that would explain the B-Spec. Either way this game is giving me a headache, It took me 30mins just to open topgear test track because 1 wheel on the dirt disqualified, nudge a car disqaulified etc etc. I played the death out of GT4 but for the life of me can't play this game, and not being able to modify a car just because it is standard is stupid. if they give the option, there should be no restrictions. I really think Forza is the better game this time around. The other thing for me is I don't have a wheel and am noticing it.
Old 27-11-2010, 03:10 AM   #372
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Before I take it back I thought I would post this site appropriate pic

Old 27-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #373
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Too early for me to comment at the moment... I am still waiting for my preordered G27 and have the Pagnian GT cockpit comming.... And I still dont have a permanent internet connection (bloody telstra!) so I haven't been able to download my cars that come with the coll's ed..... Drifting in the Cobra was awesome fun although with the controller is little more tempremental..
Old 27-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #374
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Loving every second!

Me and my 2 best mates had a good stint online last night. No hiccups at all, not laggy.

Was fun smashing a lap on the ring, me in my 583hp '76 512BB, one mate in his 600hp R33 GTR and the other in a 713hp Lambo.

Needless to say, I was the only one smart enough to put full slicks on. Flogged them!

Also, Nascar is a lot more fun than it looks!

Edit:- My only complaints, I would have liked to use my own music in the menus. And can't really use photo mode with a wheel.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.

Last edited by XR6_661; 27-11-2010 at 11:04 AM.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #375
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

The further you get in and the more you unlock the more rewarding I am finding it.

Definately the best driving game ever made. Leaves Forza etc for dead.

Yeah its got it little problems but overall its a huge win.

Now if they will just give us some FPV DLC for chrissie.....

Now Quattro RS3 powered
bdave351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #376
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well it was mentioned this gaame has no bonnet cam. I can say it does, it must be selective. In my Mach 1 Mustang it is definitely looking over the bonnet not the roof. Has anyone else experienced a bonnet cam yet?

Also it is a little unfair when my 474bhp 71 Mach 1 (originally 299), can enter the world compact cup and race agaainst stock 01 civics and toyota viva etc. I atleast know I will win lol.
Old 27-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #377
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Just started the install now, good thing I have FF to look around for the next 30 odd minutes !! The patch downloaded in 30 seconds and installed around the same time before the game even started.
Old 27-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #378
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XW 393
Just started the install now, good thing I have FF to look around for the next 30 odd minutes !! The patch downloaded in 30 seconds and installed around the same time before the game even started.
Crikey i want your Internet connection! 30 secs!! I haven't downloaded it yet because I need to leave it for 4 hrs.
Old 27-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #379
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Yeah it was that fast literally, was over before it began ! It has installed fine, I have redeemed my vouchers and will set out for a burn shortly!
Old 27-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #380
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by My poor XF
Crikey i want your Internet connection! 30 secs!! I haven't downloaded it yet because I need to leave it for 4 hrs.
My patch was done in 5mins, install in 30. We really need just 1 GT5 thread. I think there is about 3 of them at the moment.
Old 27-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #381
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I've still got a few concerns. Doing the Intermediate TG track, hooked up my G25 this morning to have a crack at it (was just using the controller for the last 10 hours of gameplay) and if it's even remotely close to how a real Lotus handles then I have no idea why they're regarded with such high praise.

First corner, apply more than 25% brake and it'll want to swap ends. Ok, ease into the corner, hit the apex at about 60kph, add less than 50% throttle and spin spin spin. It felt like driving on ice.

There are times where the graphics are gorgeous and others where it'll make you blind with all the jaggies. Personally, I don't see where all the time and money has been spent in development. I was expecting something much better. If only I could hook up my G25 to Forza. :(

Anyone found a way to actually do a proper hot lap on TG test track? I'd have thought they would have had something similar to the power board since it was advertised to better 'The Stig's' lap times. So far have only been able to do a rolling start and no real way of comparing hot lap times across different cars.

Would also be ace if they had the Lacetti and Liana in the game so you could see how you compared to the celeb laps.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #382
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Well it was mentioned this gaame has no bonnet cam. I can say it does, it must be selective. In my Mach 1 Mustang it is definitely looking over the bonnet not the roof. Has anyone else experienced a bonnet cam yet?
I've had a few standard cars show a few inches of bonnet. I'd prefer a little more as it gives you more of a visual cue as to the attitude of the car going in and coming out of a corner.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #383
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
My patch was done in 5mins, install in 30. We really need just 1 GT5 thread. I think there is about 3 of them at the moment.
Lol I know constantly looking at different threads. I only have adsl so my download will take hours.

Install of the game took about half an hour though and I don't get to play again till Monday.
Old 27-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #384
Cam
Stroking it...

Hrmm. Very interesting to read peoples thoughts, I am still undecided if I can spent the $$$$ on a PS3 just for GT5.. Works out costing about $500 just to play 1 game, then if I want a G25/27 its then another few hundred $$$. And all of a sudden its a near-on $1000 game!
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #385
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

Am i missing something but where are all the cars? Do i have to play more and more to unlock cars? whats doing
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #386
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I've still got a few concerns. Doing the Intermediate TG track, hooked up my G25 this morning to have a crack at it (was just using the controller for the last 10 hours of gameplay) and if it's even remotely close to how a real Lotus handles then I have no idea why they're regarded with such high praise.

First corner, apply more than 25% brake and it'll want to swap ends. Ok, ease into the corner, hit the apex at about 60kph, add less than 50% throttle and spin spin spin. It felt like driving on ice.

There are times where the graphics are gorgeous and others where it'll make you blind with all the jaggies. Personally, I don't see where all the time and money has been spent in development. I was expecting something much better. If only I could hook up my G25 to Forza. :(

Anyone found a way to actually do a proper hot lap on TG test track? I'd have thought they would have had something similar to the power board since it was advertised to better 'The Stig's' lap times. So far have only been able to do a rolling start and no real way of comparing hot lap times across different cars.

Would also be ace if they had the Lacetti and Liana in the game so you could see how you compared to the celeb laps.
I tried this for all of 2mins. I decided no matter what I did it was going to spin. I have a 474bhp Mustang which I drive with no aides except for 3 out of 10 on the ABS and even that can be easily handled. That lotus on the TG track is horrible. If that is how one drives I am surprised everyone that owns one is not dead.

Also just turned it on to a new update of 133mb, thankfully it only takes 4mins, but that is 266mb of updates in 2 days. Oh and finally peoples thoughts on collision noises? Sounds like someone kicking a cardboard box, or something rolling around in the boot. It is pretty woefull

Last edited by EDfutura25; 27-11-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 27-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #387
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Mach 1 Stang:

Laps the Nurburg in under 7 mins (has quite a few mods ). Sounds epic and spits flames from its sidepipes on heel-toe downshifts with my G25.
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #388
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Ohhhhh I found a 1970 Mustang Cammer!! yummy
6998 cc and 599 hp at 6800, sounds good!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 27-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #389
Spudz27
Call me Spud

The game is growing on me. You know that car you get and you tune it as far as you can go, then enter it in as much races as you can, then never get rid of it? Well this is mine. The 71 Mustang Mach 1. Here are some shots I took. The first pic is now my wallpaper. It took 4 laps of play/pause in replay to finally get the flame shot, everytime I hit play and pause the flame would be that split second in between lol.

Last edited by EDfutura25; 27-11-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 27-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #390
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
Hrmm. Very interesting to read peoples thoughts, I am still undecided if I can spent the $$$$ on a PS3 just for GT5.. Works out costing about $500 just to play 1 game, then if I want a G25/27 its then another few hundred $$$. And all of a sudden its a near-on $1000 game!
I bought the ps3 because it can act as a home media centre. Games were a focus but I would have bought an xbox if it did everything the ps3 does.

It would be silly to buy one just for GT5.