Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 04-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 
Default Another happy new customer........

Thankyou Chris & Theo for the great work done on my tune yesterday and the advice and information that you freely give. Most places hold their cards pretty close to their chest, but you showed me and explained to me every little change you made.
As a new customer, and now a loyal one, this really impressed me and gave me great confidence in knowing that everything was being tried and tested to get my engine running efficiently and not just- slap a reasonably close tune in it and "Here you go mate".

I'm glad I came over- even just to experience one of Theo's fantastic latte's would be worth the trip.

Thanks Boys,

Craig.

Berwick, VIC

crakrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Well thats great stuff to hear mate, cos after hearing so much positive comments from these guys, she's begging me to take her to BPR...
Old 05-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Hi Craig,

very neat car you have there mate, its a credit to you!!

Hope your happy with it mate,

all the best

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakrz
Thankyou Chris & Theo for the great work done on my tune yesterday and the advice and information that you freely give. Most places hold their cards pretty close to their chest, but you showed me and explained to me every little change you made.
As a new customer, and now a loyal one, this really impressed me and gave me great confidence in knowing that everything was being tried and tested to get my engine running efficiently and not just- slap a reasonably close tune in it and "Here you go mate".

I'm glad I came over- even just to experience one of Theo's fantastic latte's would be worth the trip.

Thanks Boys,

Craig.

Berwick, VIC
Nice to see another BPR tuned AU.

Theo's Lattes are better than Chris's aren't they :
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Nice to see another BPR tuned AU.

Theo's Lattes are better than Chris's aren't they :
Haha, you are walking on verrrry thin ice now...

I cant wait to try these Lattes as didn't have the machine during my last visit; I ask who 'tuned' the coffee machine lol

Cheers - Daniel.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #6
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
......Theo's Lattes are better than Chris's aren't they :
Russell, I can't comment. I might need these guys one day.....I'll just sit on the fence for now.

Chris, Thanks for looking after my "baby" as if it was your own. And it's running like a dream, all the little issues the tune had previously are all gone.

-Craig
Old 06-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #7
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakrz
Russell, I can't comment. I might need these guys one day.....I'll just sit on the fence for now.

Chris, Thanks for looking after my "baby" as if it was your own. And it's running like a dream, all the little issues the tune had previously are all gone.

-Craig
Hmmm you make a good point, my engine is currently sitting on their floor!!!

What did Chris manage to pull out of it power wise?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
What did Chris manage to pull out of it power wise?
Well as you know, there certainly is some discrepancy between dyno's. And I don't know how Chris's dyno reads against others, nor do I care really, as it is only a measuring tool that can only be compared to itself. Previous tune at another workshop was 184.5rwkw approx 1year ago. Although it hasn't noticebly lost power in the 12mths, measured by the bumometer, it pulled 161rwkw on the first run. After 38 runs, (Chris is thorough) it peaked at 171rwkw but had fattened up even more between 3000-4000rpm.

Some may have seen who previously tuned my car before by my forums signature (Marty at HPF) and wonder why I swapped tuners. I was wrapped with the result of Marty's work, and they are in walking distance from my work, and have tuned other vehicles of mine in the past. But over the last couple of months, my car had developed a couple of minor tuning issues that needed adjusting. These issues had only appeared over the last couple of months, so its not the tuners fault.

One thing I won't do is publicly bag somebody, but it feels to me now and its only an opinion, that when you call them or drop in to try to speak to the guy that is going to tune your car so he can come for a drive with you, so you can explain the symptoms of what its doing,etc etc, you get - "Just drop it off, we'll take a look at it". And thats as close as you can get to talking to someone. Now to most, that's ok, but it just does not inspire me to leaving my car there.

Call me paranoid, weird, fussy, whatever you want. But I'm also extremely loyal, as a tradesman myself I never question a price if its a top job, and I'm never in a hurry to get my car back. I wouldn't want a rushed job would I? But you need to do something for me........ make me feel good about leaving my car with you, and treat it like it was your own.

The rest is history, I'm now a loyal Bluepower customer.

You can all put the tissues away now- thanks for listening

-Craig
Old 07-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #9
gocruzin
Ford tragic

No better advertising than happy customers. Bloody good to see that
Old 08-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #10
martyd

My f6 is going in tuesday... I now have a serious problem... I only drink Red Bulls and dont drink coffee!!!! What do i do when i get there???
martyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #11
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

Chris can help you out with that one...

Ask chris for one of his energy drinks...

Must safer than his coffee
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #12
martyd

Thanks boys. A good way to spend most of my day off.. I cant say anything that hasnt been said before about the team at Bluepower.

Except:

If anyone is serious about work being done for them - And being done properly...Just organise it with these guys. A serious approach and pride taken in the work..

If you dont want it done properly - jump on ebay, buy as many go fast bits and Insulation tape as you can, get a few slabs of VB and do it yourself with some mates saturday night.

Nice work boys, no doubt you will see the ute again soon...
martyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #13
XTT747
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyd
Thanks boys. A good way to spend most of my day off.. I cant say anything that hasnt been said before about the team at Bluepower.

Except:

If anyone is serious about work being done for them - And being done properly...Just organise it with these guys. A serious approach and pride taken in the work..

If you dont want it done properly - jump on ebay, buy as many go fast bits and Insulation tape as you can, get a few slabs of VB and do it yourself with some mates saturday night.

Nice work boys, no doubt you will see the ute again soon...
looks like another happy bluepower customer haha... just 8 days since you first contacted chris

they are legends in their own pejamas lol
XTT747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #14
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Thumbs up

Just an update since my tune. I have now driven about 4 tanks of fuel worth of kms since the re-tune. My weekly driving is very repetitive, you know, to and from work, pick the kids up from school, activities after school etc,etc. All around Pakenham, Berwick, Dandenong areas.

The average fuel economy was always between 13.7 - 14.0 lts/100kms. Over the last month it has averaged 12.7. with a best of 12.5. And for those wondering about repeatability of measurement, I always fill up from the same bowser at the same servo.

Chris and Theo, I'm not sure what sort of magic you perform up there, but I'm pretty happy with these figures.

Thanks-

Craig
Old 25-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #15
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Good to hear it Craig, did you say you wanted to sell it to me?? :

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #16
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Good to hear it Craig, did you say you wanted to sell it to me?? :
Hang on- have you been talking to my wife? She wants me to get rid of the Ford as soon as I get the Cruiser back on the road, so she might get her wish if the money was right.

Well I suppose I could get the same fuel economy from a 4cyl camry......... . And I suppose the $$$ I could get for mine, I could afford a 10yr old camry too. Well now you've got me thinking