Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-07-2019, 02:15 PM   #31
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Illicit Drugs- Decriminalise and regulate or further enforcement?

War on Donuts?
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2019, 05:58 PM   #32
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev View Post
World wide evidence overwhelming supports decriminalization of Cat 1 drugs and treatment of users. While pot should be legalized for recreational use 18 and over for the tax and that people will actually use less.

You have to back up both with strong support networks and no interference from the conservatives and bible thumpers. You can't just decriminalize it and leave it as a free for all for the dealers, it doesn't work and never has worked. You need to cut them out and make it more attractive and easier for users to go the legal route.
Look to the Dutch do they have a problem like us with drugs.

I am a Conservative and a Bible thumper.
To be a conservative means that one does not experiment with nonsense.
Bible wise has foundations that are solid, problem is that some don't understand that the Law is under Grace with true Christianity and not just only the letter of the Law as it was 2000 years ago, stuck in the mud like and unwilling to think beyond the letter in ignorance. we have a problem Houston ? so lets try work something out that will actual work in the long run.
It's like back in the 1970's their were only X amount of people and cars on the road, but now the rules have had to change because you can't have everyone driving about ****ed like once was common to see and thought nothing of it really because in 15 km you may only drive by 3 cars on the road home where I lived but now it's could be 1000.
So we can not just stick our head in the sand and hope that things will get better with a program that clearly does not work, not to mention kids that are way out of control now because they lack direction, so they are lost and bingo one ends up dead because morons are making the drugs.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2019, 06:16 PM   #33
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
Considering Drugs, Alcohol and Gambling are (IMO) the roots of most evil in this country (Domestic Violence, Aggravated Violence, Thefts, Suicide, Road Trauma, etc), a responsible government should be doing all that is necessary to control these elements. Zero tolerance IMO to illicit drugs would be a good start.
Darwin Award for anyone who takes these drugs knowing it could be the last thing they take.
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2019, 08:14 PM   #34
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is this like where every kidlet with add got shaker pills.....

single mums flogging pills off and buying meff with profits??
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2019, 09:01 PM   #35
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

I saw on the news last night about the drugs being sold at music events. Then heard they wanna set up all this testing crap... who’s paying for it? Govco? Why am I paying for testing on a illegal substance that some degenerate chooses to “experiment” with. They get the (what ever joy) there is while I’m paying for them to stay safe and secure in their precious little cocoon.
I put drug testing up there with pool fence laws. You can’t have a pot plant next to a pool fence inside but it’s ok to have your light weight seats 2 feet outside the fence.
At what point will common sense prevail in this worsening world we have created?

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
73 4V XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2019, 09:25 PM   #36
hayseed

It's no Different to the Injecting Room in Kings Cross.
it's illegal to Smoke (legal) Cigarettes in a Government Building,YET, You can go to a Government Funded Building to Inject Illegal Drugs..

Go figure...
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2019, 06:59 AM   #37
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
It's no Different to the Injecting Room in Kings Cross.
it's illegal to Smoke (legal) Cigarettes in a Government Building,YET, You can go to a Government Funded Building to Inject Illegal Drugs..

Go figure...
Thats because the lunatics are running the Asylum, same as over here. (NZ)
five 7 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-07-2019, 09:10 AM   #38
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Thats because the lunatics are running the Asylum, same as over here. (NZ)
The problem has got way out of control and it's only going to get much worse.
The drugs that are out their now fry their brains, they have holes in their brain as large as golf balls where the drug has just eaten it out, the amount of fools that are taking this rubbish like crack etc will be such a big problem that the hospital system will not be able to cope, let alone the dole supporting all the morons.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:28 PM   #39
TEZG
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Interesting to hear the names people are calling those that can’t handle their drugs, none in the family? Don’t forget alcohol is a drug. If the answer is no, you’re lucky.

Mummy’s little helpers are a major health issue, have been for years, as mentioned earlier, legalised drug addiction right there.

“Social” use of pot should not be illegal. If that happened would anyone here start smoking it again? I doubt it, I wouldn’t.

It’s not just young people that use party drugs. There was a gig in Sydney recently, those attending were in their 40’s and 50’s, cops busted a heap of them for possession.

The rehab options for young people in Sydney are appalling, there’s hardly anything and if you don’t have private health insurance even less. The options for adults has been declining for years, a poor situation indeed.

We can all have our opinions, evidence as previously mentioned is the bottom line however I don’t think this country would support the evidence based approach which brings better outcomes, why? Because most people like having “low life’s” in the community, it makes them better about themselves.

One day at a time
TEZG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2019, 08:53 PM   #40
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

prohibition has never worked. didn't with booze in the 20s and isn't now. Legalise, control and tax.

but if you commit crimes under the influence you get the book thrown at you - same as with alcohol

and while we are at it, if you make yourself sick - no public healthcare. I suggest we extend this to alcohol, opiates, and tobacco too.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2019, 09:55 PM   #41
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
prohibition has never worked. didn't with booze in the 20s and isn't now. Legalise, control and tax.

but if you commit crimes under the influence you get the book thrown at you - same as with alcohol

and while we are at it, if you make yourself sick - no public healthcare. I suggest we extend this to alcohol, opiates, and tobacco too.
Don't forget fat people with poor diets... may as well make it fair.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:29 PM   #42
TEZG
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Drug testing drivers.
Tests can return positive when it’s been days or longer since there has been any drug use, no intoxication at all. Bad luck, you’re done.

That just ain’t right.

One day at a time
TEZG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2019, 02:16 AM   #43
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately there is altogether too much absolute crap sprouted about drugs, and the simple fact is that nobody in authority actually cares enough to do enough.
Politicians like to throw around terms like "the war on drugs". What BS.
I'd LOVE to watch the USA launch an actual war on drugs. Can you imagine it, B52s carpet bombing drug plantations, smart-bombs taking out the factories, Abrams rumbling through their Haciendas, and Rangers slaughtering the Cartels where they stand.
But rhetoric aside, the problem is that governments are not prepared to tackle the demand-side of the equation, which is the cause of the whole problem. They like to pretend that the problem is the evil "Mr Bigs", but it just isn't. Granted the drug trade can be a nasty business, and some have risen to the top by murdering anyone who gets in their way, but at the end of the day they are simply supplying the demand. If you cut down supply, all you do is make it what's left even more profitable.

But no, we just keep making excuses for the people using the drugs, and basically turning a blind eye. We resort to stupid measures, like testing sewage, so they can proclaim the drug usage then sit around wringing their hands. Nobody is prepared to take any unpopular measures.

And the really sad and terrible thing is the reason why.
Same reason why prisons are full of drugs. Because they make the inmates easier to control, and if they die, who cares.
On the left, you have those chasing the votes and preferences of the neo-hippies, who think Dope cures cancer and that any attempt to curtail drug use is "fascist".
Whilst on the right, they just don't give a ****. A dead drug-addict is just one less junkie.

Last edited by Crazy Dazz; 11-08-2019 at 02:22 AM.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2019, 02:30 AM   #44
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
prohibition has never worked. didn't with booze in the 20s and isn't now.
Oh FFS.
And here I was thinking we might get through without somebody sprouting that gibberish.

Every law we have is based on prohibition. Murder, speeding, minimum wage, methanol in our beer, you name it.
Yes, people still break the law, that doesn't mean we legalise everything.

What's more, we should never give up on something just because it appears too hard. Either the law is right, or its not. If the law is wrong, it should be changed, regardless of how easy it is to enforce. If the law is right, but hard to enforce, then we just need to try harder.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:49 AM   #45
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Makes me wonder if it was decriminalised, regulated and heavily taxed if the Melbourne Gangland war would have even occured - it's a huge untapped market which is why it attracts these types to it, the money is unbelievable.

Hanging about the seedy parts of Melbourne that they don't advertise in the tourism brochure, I've come across people from all walks of life - one particular interesting event I've witnessed was a group buying $2600 worth of cocaine from a 17 year old kid. I thought I was doing real well getting $175 for a 10 hour day at work on the weekend when I was 17 a decade ago - $2600 in a single transaction

The buyers were middle aged men of the white collar variety and a few women.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2019, 10:12 AM   #46
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Pill testing? Safe injecting rooms? The war on drugs has been lost.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #47
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Pill testing? Safe injecting rooms? The war on drugs has been lost.
It's just damage control - if people OD in a 'safe injecting room' it's not out on the street for the soccer mum to see driving the little ones to school, who then complains to the media.

It's isolating Joe Average voter from an issue, if the government actually cared about attempting to rehabilitate drug users they'd treat it as a mental health issue rather than a criminal problem.

It'd probably be cheaper than putting them through our prison system too just quietly.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 11-08-2019 at 10:29 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2019, 04:29 PM   #48
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Unfortunately there is altogether too much absolute crap sprouted about drugs, and the simple fact is that nobody in authority actually cares enough to do enough.
Politicians like to throw around terms like "the war on drugs". What BS.
I'd LOVE to watch the USA launch an actual war on drugs. Can you imagine it, B52s carpet bombing drug plantations, smart-bombs taking out the factories, Abrams rumbling through their Haciendas, and Rangers slaughtering the Cartels where they stand.
But rhetoric aside, the problem is that governments are not prepared to tackle the demand-side of the equation, which is the cause of the whole problem. They like to pretend that the problem is the evil "Mr Bigs", but it just isn't. Granted the drug trade can be a nasty business, and some have risen to the top by murdering anyone who gets in their way, but at the end of the day they are simply supplying the demand. If you cut down supply, all you do is make it what's left even more profitable.

But no, we just keep making excuses for the people using the drugs, and basically turning a blind eye. We resort to stupid measures, like testing sewage, so they can proclaim the drug usage then sit around wringing their hands. Nobody is prepared to take any unpopular measures.

And the really sad and terrible thing is the reason why.
Same reason why prisons are full of drugs. Because they make the inmates easier to control, and if they die, who cares.
On the left, you have those chasing the votes and preferences of the neo-hippies, who think Dope cures cancer and that any attempt to curtail drug use is "fascist".
Whilst on the right, they just don't give a ****. A dead drug-addict is just one less junkie.
So true.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:58 PM   #49
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
It's just damage control - if people OD in a 'safe injecting room' it's not out on the street for the soccer mum to see driving the little ones to school, who then complains to the media.

It's isolating Joe Average voter from an issue, if the government actually cared about attempting to rehabilitate drug users they'd treat it as a mental health issue rather than a criminal problem.

It'd probably be cheaper than putting them through our prison system too just quietly.
I am trying to save tax payers money as to forking out dead money, we could send all the no hopers to a 3rd world Country like Indo and build Jails their for that type their.
You know the money we spend on every idiot is truly beyond a joke, not to mention how some of the poor good and honest people living here do it, as I feel for them, I would rather some one worthy got the cash any day than just some dip stick moron living the life and just taking everyone for fools, laughing and boasting that they are one up on another twerp locked up because they have destroyed more worth in value than the other.
Not to mention that there are people who love being back home in jail with free everything and see their old mates.
Political Correctness has a lot to answer for as it's bleeding us all dry like a Vampire.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:32 PM   #50
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

Ask the people of Richmond about how a safe injecting room in their suburb has 'cleaned up' the streets:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...22-p51pxb.html

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2019, 06:56 PM   #51
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Ask the people of Richmond about how a safe injecting room in their suburb has 'cleaned up' the streets:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...22-p51pxb.html
Richmond is an absolute ****hole that used to be home to the Pettingill clan who were the biggest heroin dealers in the city during the 1980s:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pettingill_family

The only thing that's changed in Richmond is the restaurants got nicer and it's a mix between your drug dependency types and MILFs in $200,000 SUVs - it still smells like **** regardless of its new fancy facade.

Richmond was a ****hole and now it's just a fancier ****hole with nice restaurants, that it's newer residents seem to be a little upset people are devaluing it's 7 figure property prices.

I think the people of Richmond should realise they bought into H-town Melbourne and it's better than a few decades ago.

Kath Pettingill threatened to kill my old man when he was investigating their family claiming benefits back when he was fresh faced and had a full head of hair

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 11-08-2019 at 07:02 PM.