Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default going to Bali what to see or do.

hey all

so taking my gf to Bali for 2 weeks for her birthday. Were staying at legian in the Seminyak area. So what is there to do? Have you been? got any tips or must see/do things?

With spending that much time there we are aiming to do both the kick back and relax in the pool bar, massages, shopping and well partying at night. Apart from that we have no plans so give me some ideas

Old 25-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: going to Bali what to see or do.

I can tell you not what to do, and thats drugs.
I've heard of foreigners being stung in set ups by buying off a so called dealer on the streets.
Not saying you're into that stuff but you can never be too careful.
Waterbom Park is good fun.
Keep away from those damned monkeys, steal your camera, purse, glasses what ever.
Old 25-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

there was this thread, this time last year
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...highlight=bali

im hopefully going back again in january 2012 with the wife and kids
accomodation is booked so far

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #4
bungarra

If your into water Parks, definately go to Water Bom Park for the water slides.

Get a driver for a day, we usually pay about 300,000rp for the day. Go to Lovina and Git Git waterfall, take your bathers the beach at Lovina is great even with the volcanic sand and Git Git is a great cold water water fall.

Have a look aroud Singaraja which as the old capital of Bali.

Dinner at Jimbaran Bay, great Sunset and Seafood.

Try the Beach House Restaurant at Echo Beach.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I will have to find out what my brother and his partner did. they went for 2 weeks and never entered a single shopping mall, night club, markets etc, I know they were on 3 different islands
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2011, 11:47 PM   #6
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

leave your boogy board at home .
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #7
bungarra

Take Schapelle some Macccas and a couple of good books about tropical get aways!!!
Old 27-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does your car need a baby sitter ??
Old 27-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
snowcone

Or you can spend a few hours watching your @rsehole come out through your mouth after getting a dose of balibelly.
Lot's of people will tell you it's safe and they never get sick, but it can get you.
My missus got taken off the plane in Darwin by paramedics afetr throwing up everywhere and then pasing out on the plane home.
After spending some time in Darwin hospital we got a clearance to fly and got on the plane and it hit her again.
The pilot freaked out and wanted to go back to Darwin but 2 doctors on board set up a drip and said she was stable and the paramedics put her in hospital in Sydney for another night
You can stick that place where the sun don't shine cos we're never going back there
Have a nice "cheap" holiday!!!!!
snowcone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #10
dusty86

With the whole balibelly thing, I recomend to eat local food, I was eating western food (steaks etc...) and got sick, but once I got told about eating local stuff I was pretty sweet.
otherwise, what did I do? I drank a ******** and partied alot. Went up to that volcano.. can't remember what it was called. Did this quad bike/buggy thing through rice fields which was fairly cool, most of the bikes and buggies are stuffed though. Come to think of it, I didn't do a great deal except drink.
waterbom is good, except for the crowds, don't get a 2 day pass either, you would have done it all within a day.
the zoo wasn't too bad either from memory
dusty86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibe_xr6
Does your car need a baby sitter ??
Haha maybe next time. She's ganna be all tucked in at my aunties in Sydney. Im sure after 2 weeks I'll be itching for a blast
Old 27-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #12
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so far we wanna do waterbom an some kinda buggy thing. Scuba diving. Would love to go some kind of big game fishing but its stil expensive over there. Oh and lots of drinking shopping and daily massages
Old 30-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #13
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcone
Or you can spend a few hours watching your @rsehole come out through your mouth after getting a dose of balibelly.
Lot's of people will tell you it's safe and they never get sick, but it can get you.
My missus got taken off the plane in Darwin by paramedics afetr throwing up everywhere and then pasing out on the plane home.
After spending some time in Darwin hospital we got a clearance to fly and got on the plane and it hit her again.
The pilot freaked out and wanted to go back to Darwin but 2 doctors on board set up a drip and said she was stable and the paramedics put her in hospital in Sydney for another night
You can stick that place where the sun don't shine cos we're never going back there
Have a nice "cheap" holiday!!!!!
I got Castle Hill Belly when I was there for a work conference a few yars ago, still wont eat at that particular hotel restaurant. 20 Delegates, 18 chucking up and having the runs, 4 ended up at Ryde Hospital, bad food preparation can happen anywhere. Been to Bali as many times as Sydney and never been crook in Bali, 3 times at restaurants in Sydney.
Luck of the draw maybe.
Old 30-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

Lots of drinking and eating.

Take scooters for transport, do it drunk, you need the courage but once your away forget fast cars, this is the scariest motor vehicle I have been on/in.

Jimbaran Bay is def worth a visit for the sunset and seafood, and you get a awesome view of the airports runway.
Old 30-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #15
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't eat anything from the street vendors !! EVER !!

Prepare to be harrassed at every turn on the street. You'll be hearing "transport, transport, transport" in your sleep.

Make sure you def hit the pastry shop in the Discovery Mall, you'll understand why.

Bintang is your friend, it can be an aquired taste for some but i love it and i have never had a hangover from it even after all day/night sessions.

As a few have said Jimbaran bay is awesome, excellent seafood just perfect sitting on the beach having a bevy. The Stadium Cafe is a great spot you'll run into aussies there as its an awesome sports bar and has top food.

Sky Garden, Bounty and Paddy's are all great for a night out, from memory Paddy's has 2 for 1 cocktails from 6 till midnight for about $6 Aus or something stupid, good times.

Hard Rock Hotel main bar is good for live music but is very expensive to drink there. The Hard Rock have a live band bar/auditorium next door with like a battle of the bands setup which is very good. Its not on all the time but well worth checking.

There is a mexican restaurant in Kuta not far from the water park it was very good.

Its worth just sussing out the various bars/restaurants in the hotels, some of them are sensational and have dj's, bands etc and excellent food just watch the $$.

Just remember always drink bottled water, there are plenty of convenience stores so stock your room up. Bali isnt anywhere as cheap as what it used to be and you can pay just as much if not more for meals etc than you do here.

But whatever you do not be tempted to buy drugs from anyone on the street, they work with the police and will shaft you straight away and then its game over.

Last edited by GT 160; 30-09-2011 at 11:01 PM.
GT 160 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2011, 01:12 AM   #16
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Let's not have any more talk of drug use thanks