Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club > Orsm Build Thread

Orsm Build Thread Only for the ORSM Club Members and their rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #11
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMEB
I had power steering problems, so got the EF Pulley pressed onto my old reco pump...all fixed. I also had an oil leak coming out from the T Intersection where the block, timing cover and head meet on the exhaust side...all fixed. I also had an oil leak coming out from the lowest of the three bolts holding the power steering pump bracket onto the front of the engine..not fixed. I also have a coolant leak..somewhere..not fixed.
So when I went to Wagga, I had oil and coolant in the boot which both came in handy in Albury on the way home..lol
Sh!T exactly the same problems I ran into! I had oil coming out of the same bolt and oil coming out of the timing case gasket from the same location you just mentioned. I ended up getting new timing case gaskets fitted and while it was all off I had the timing chain and guides all replaced too. Cost me $600 from the mechanics! I didn't have any coolant leaking issues and my power steering pump is fine, except for the bearings being a little noisy, there not too bad tho. Now I have a power steering fluid leak coming from somewhere, I don't think its the pump as its all clean around the joins, I'm guessing its leaking from the pressure switch as I've heard they can go pretty easy!

Good luck with it mate.