Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 11-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #91
Dusty1
Giddy up!

That's me out of a Mondeo then. I was looking at the new Titanium wagon as updated, but if it's going to be mid-2011, I'll have to look at another model.
Four years on the lease will mean that I'll have to start spending money on it, and I want to avoid that if I can.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #92
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
That's me out of a Mondeo then. I was looking at the new Titanium wagon as updated, but if it's going to be mid-2011, I'll have to look at another model.
Four years on the lease will mean that I'll have to start spending money on it, and I want to avoid that if I can.
Dusty

Mate wait till Sept! had a phone call from Ford on Thursday asking me if I was happy with the service from my dealer etc,etc, I held nothing back trust me! I was then asked when I will consider getting into a new car and what will I choose? I said that depends on Ford as I am happy with the TDCi but will be very unhappy if Ford keeps messing about getting the upgraded Mondeo she told me it's not Ford Australia fault we only get what Ford Europe will give us because of our size they have asked for models and they said NO!! but she then said they are pushing hard to please everyone here and said hang on till early September something WILL happen

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #93
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Dusty

Mate wait till Sept! had a phone call from Ford on Thursday asking me if I was happy with the service from my dealer etc,etc, I held nothing back trust me! I was then asked when I will consider getting into a new car and what will I choose? I said that depends on Ford as I am happy with the TDCi but will be very unhappy if Ford keeps messing about getting the upgraded Mondeo she told me it's not Ford Australia fault we only get what Ford Europe will give us because of our size they have asked for models and they said NO!! but she then said they are pushing hard to please everyone here and said hang on till early September something WILL happen

apstar
My lease is up in Jan (4th, a b*stard of a date). So they will need to get it together for me quickly as I can't be without a car for months while they import one for me.

No one's called me.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #94
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Titanium Wagon will be here in a month or two... The update they are talking about is the one after the one we are getting in a month or two..

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...=FOA&i1=5&12=0
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #95
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dusty, don't worry about the facelift. The upgraded diesel and Powershift is the Good Stuff. Oh, and the standard roof rails!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #96
anthman
Starter Motor

Quote:
Dusty

apstar
For what it is worth, this article suggests it is entirely Ford Australia's fault.

Drive
anthman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #97
rob270
Starter Motor

Reading some of the European and UK forums indicates big (5 months +) delivery times and even worse with the new TDCi & Powershift combo. Since we are small fry and with IMO Ford's lack of marketing of such a good product, we will have to wait a bit longer. Damn shame that.

I don't hold much to that Drive article, not a great fan of the journo writing it. The 2.2 TDCi mentioned in that article is not currently available in the new Mondeo range in Europe / UK either as all the new engines are to meet Euro 5 emissions and the previous 2.2 is Euro 4. Additionally there has been some chatter on the internets about the suitability of the Powershift trans with the higher torque output of the 2.2 engine. Interrestingly, there is a Volvo V60 being released soon with a 2.4 diesel engine that has a higher torque output (400 nm +) that's being installed with a Powershift trans made by Getrag as well.
rob270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #98
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Reading that article says that the Mondeo when released in Q3 is going to get new centre console and sat nav. That's not on the Ford site, so I guess he's talking about the update to come out in 2011?
Issue for me is that I lease and don't have a second car and can't be waiting 3 months like I was for the Mondeo I have now. If I can't get one delivered when I want it (early Jan), I'll look for something else.
Previous:
Old 13-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #99
rob270
Starter Motor

As far as my local dealer has advised, the only new items are the new TDCi engine and Powershift transmission and availability of this in the wagon range and a new Titanium level wagon. The below link is better than the Drive article for more info.

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2010...eo-range-19311

Rob
Old 13-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #100
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think new TDCi engine & auto will be enough to trade up to the update model at least for me its not. May wait to see what the final model looks like next year :hrod

apstar
Old 13-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #101
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Looks like Titanium wagon comes with new auto and roof rails.
No mention of the sunroof which is standard on the hatch (currently).
I'm starting to come around to your way of thinking apstar.
Previous:
Old 13-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #102
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't think new TDCi engine & auto will be enough to trade up to the update model at least for me its not. May wait to see what the final model looks like next year :hrod

apstar
Wait until you drive it. The specs for the upgraded diesel are a huge advance on the current model, and the Powershift should further improve performance and fuel consumption. From what I've seen on the UK forums, the facelift is just fluff unless running lights are your thing. I will certainly be test driving the new diesel when it arrives in NZ.
Old 14-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #103
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

At the bottom of that CarSales article re XR5...
Ford in Europe has ceased production of the turbocharged Mondeo XR5, but Ford Australia has secured enough stock to meet customer demand for the next four or five months.
This is contrary to what my local dealer (x2 salesmen) told me a couple of weeks ago......No more, none ever). So I went home and found numerous on the internet ...but interstate. Email enquiry 4pm Sat, response in 15mins, couple of phone calls checking numbers, and sale completed by 5:30 Sat. Full marks to Dale Ford in Sydney.
I'll be driving home next Friday after a week of business in Syd. Woo hoo!!

When my lease runs out, Ford OZ may have provided an XR5 substitute, or I'll go shopping elsewhere. No brand loyalty to modern cars, just my insanity for ancient 40 yr old V6.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #104
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

congrats on a great purchase!! so what colour did you get allan?? and what price?? i've seen them advertised as low as $41,990d/a now. considering they were $48,990d/a when i ordered mine in december that is outstanding value for the level of kit in our cars... any of the euro brands with similar levels of kit are over $50k...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #105
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

First Choice - Ambition Blue....long discontinued
Second Choice - Tango....discontinued as well
Third choice - Dark blue (fleetingly 'coz I can't recall it's name)....discontinued too
Fourth choice - Moondust Silver (aka Grey #1)
.......pity about lack of real colour across the XR5 range.......which is no more.
Moral of story: Don't wait and deliberate, just buy it !!

And I think the Titianium is a pretty good package too !! But still no manual gearbox except in the now-discontinued XR5. (there's that word again).

Roolforward 2013 Falcon replacement - possibly Taurus SHO AWD twin torbu 3.5 V6
Old 15-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #106
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

ooops.... lousy typist at the end...
Old 16-07-2010, 02:58 AM   #107
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha i lol'd at the first three colour choices...

if they did Performance Blue (Focus colour) I would have got that. Wnated White but missus will not entertain thought of a white car as that is all her family ever had growing up...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 11:01 AM   #108
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo_broady
haha i lol'd at the first three colour choices...

if they did Performance Blue (Focus colour) I would have got that. Wnated White but missus will not entertain thought of a white car as that is all her family ever had growing up...
When I got mine, there were two in the spec I wanted, one was white, the other silver.

I wanted white, but thought I'd better check with the boss first. So I now drive a silver Mondeo. A fellow poster on here got the white one.
Previous:
Old 17-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #109
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Full specs for the 2010 Updated Mondeo are up on the Ford site now

apstar
Old 17-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #110
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do the current Wagons have the roof racks??? I saw about 10 Mondeo Wagons come in this week at my local Ford dealer, which all had roof racks.. They looked like base model ones..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #111
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Pretty much all the wagons on the market seem to have roof rails now. I am trying to find out if I can remove them without too much drama on our Mazda.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #112
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
First Choice - Ambition Blue....long discontinued
Second Choice - Tango....discontinued as well
Third choice - Dark blue (fleetingly 'coz I can't recall it's name)....discontinued too
Fourth choice - Moondust Silver (aka Grey #1)
.......pity about lack of real colour across the XR5 range.......which is no more.
Moral of story: Don't wait and deliberate, just buy it !!

And I think the Titianium is a pretty good package too !! But still no manual gearbox except in the now-discontinued XR5. (there's that word again).

Roolforward 2013 Falcon replacement - possibly Taurus SHO AWD twin torbu 3.5 V6
Ink Blue. Same as what I have.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2010, 11:54 PM   #113
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Do the current Wagons have the roof racks??? I saw about 10 Mondeo Wagons come in this week at my local Ford dealer, which all had roof racks.. They looked like base model ones..
I'm sure the new models have the roof racks but I stand to be corrected and if my memory serves me correctly the wagons were being released first

apstar
Old 18-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #114
rob270
Starter Motor

Just spotted a billboard near Sydney Airport heading north for the new wagon, It's a Titanium too which looks smart.
Old 19-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #115
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I think the base models get black roof rails and the Titanium get silver.
Any idea on how much they weight they handle? Pods and roof trays can store a lot of stuff.

I've had a look at those specs and they do say that the wagon gets a sunroof. Excellent. Like last time, they have offered to register email addresses, and I've done this. I skived off work to take the hatch for a drive in October 2007, and will do so again when they do the drives of the upgraded model.

I've had a look at the alternatives, and the biggest issue for me is that the spec level is quite high, and makes it hard to go past.
Previous:
Old 19-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #116
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Surprisingly, the Zetec wagon gets a cargo blind as standard, but it's not available for the Titanium.
Previous:
Old 19-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #117
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Surprisingly, the Zetec wagon gets a cargo blind as standard, but it's not available for the Titanium.
I'm sure Dusty you can fit it yourself to YOUR new wagon

apstar
Old 19-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #118
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Apstar, gotta buy one then fit it. Should really be standard equipment in the top spec model.
Previous:
Old 19-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #119
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Apstar, gotta buy one then fit it. Should really be standard equipment in the top spec model.
Agree!

apstar
Old 19-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #120
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I reckon it's a mistake at Ford's end and the cargo blind is standard equipment. It's not offered as an 'accessory'.
Previous: